Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Post Your Community Project

Great idea! Will this be a running list?

By the way, two corrections:

"4800 Hell Knights" is in the Testing Phase. There are no more maps being accepted to it. It will also eventually get a new name sometime prior to release.

While there are 11 MIDI tracks in "Zekhmet," @yakfak seems to be open to the possibility of having more than 11 maps, if there are 11 maps that are odd/quirky/unique enough to fit the general theme.

Also, please add to the list:

Infernew - Doom 2, Vanilla, Megawad, Testing Phase

Doom 2 maps that are reminiscent of various maps from Inferno, serving as a sort of sequel to Inferno. (@bonnie could probably provide a better 1 sentence description) A fourth alpha is due out soon.

Waw, that is something I was looking for. Nice to see all running projects grouped.

May I suggest to make 3 classifications (running, in hiatus and finished) and to put then in separate lists. Thus not removing the finished projects for easy reference.

4 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Great idea! Will this be a running list?

By the way, two corrections:

"4800 Hell Knights" is in the Testing Phase. There are no more maps being accepted to it. It will also eventually get a new name sometime prior to release.

While there are 11 MIDI tracks in "Zekhmet," @yakfak seems to be open to the possibility of having more than 11 maps, if there are 11 maps that are odd/quirky/unique enough to fit the general theme.

Also, please add to the list:

Infernew - Doom 2, Vanilla, Megawad, Testing Phase

Doom 2 maps that are reminiscent of various maps from Inferno, serving as a sort of sequel to Inferno. (@bonnie could probably provide a better 1 sentence description) A fourth alpha is due out soon.

Thanks for the info.

I will update this list whenever I notice a new community project start up, when major updates happen (cancellations, ready for testing, ect.), & when they finish. I'll also be sure to keep this list of the first page fairly often, otherwise this list is kinda pointless as it would get lost deep in the depths of Doomworld just like some of these projects.

Is TNT Convilution that much deader than Devilution? Just wondering because it always makes me sad to think how much the Plutonia PWADs outnumber the TNT PWADs.

I think important to mention a additional few projects:

I would be glad to take part in each, if only I had enough time, but lack of it is still altered all plans ...

4 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

Is TNT Convilution that much deader than Devilution? Just wondering because it always makes me sad to think how much the Plutonia PWADs outnumber the TNT PWADs.

No it's not dead, I just forgot to put it on the list. I will not be posting any thread for the project until after TNT: Devilution is up on ID Games.

I'm not a leader of this project which are 99% done, but I've submitted two maps for it.
It's really needs more attention and someone who can help with testing and wad compiling.

The project leader seems not interested in this anymore and appeared on Doomworld rarely.

Hello Doomworld if you haven't noticed there have been 3 community projects released in the past month. There's a wide variety to choose from, so be sure to check them out if you haven't done so already.

1000 Line Community Project - Doom 2, Vanilla, 34 Maps

A community project where all maps are limited to 1000 lines.

32in24-17: 3 Flags 3 Furious - Doom 2, ZDaemon & Zandronum, 33 Maps

A 32in24 speedmapping session started in order to kickstart the 3-Way CTF Game Mode.

Community Chest 64 EX - Doom 64 EX, Doom 64 Ex compatible, 11 Maps

A community project making maps for Doom 64 EX.

Also Deadly Standards 2 is almost completed for a alpha release at least, missing only some little bits of work on graphical side and a Dehacked file...

You might want to update Texture Extravaganza's map count - it's at 26 and will be 27 come RC2.

Hi all, there's been a few updates to the list over the past month. Akeldama, Nova 3, & Oops! All Techbase are now in the testing phase. The Interception 2 link has been updated so it now directs to the most recent thread. Lastly The Mapwich 2 has been added to the in development list, I think that I may have missed some other new community projects, so if you know of one that's popped up since August let me know.

Hello everyone, it's been about 2 month's so I made another update to the list.

-Oops! All Greyboxes! is a newly started project
-The 64 KB challenge is a newly started project

-Knightmare: 4800 Hell Knights had a slight name change & now links to a new testing thread

-Rowdy Rudy 2 has been moved to testing

-The Modest Mapping Challenge has been added to testing

-TNT: Convilution has been changed to TNT Forever & now has a thread

-Deadly Standards 2 has been released

-SlaughterMAX has been released

Some updates for your list Jaws (in no particular order).

• The 64 kB Challenge ended up getting enough maps for both a vanilla megawad and a limit-removing megawad.
    • The vanilla megawad has been finished and released.
    • The limit-removing megawad has all its maps in and is moving to compilation and testing.
  • The Modest Mapping Challenge 1 has been released.
  • Oops! All Techbase! has been released.