Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

College Grades

w00t! Just got my first quarter grades for college. I thought I was at least going to fail one class for ditching it all but three times and missing a big assignment, and get a horrid grade in Japanese (I didn't do at least 2.5 chapters of bookwork. I can speak it, though). But...managed to get out with A's and 1 B! Must be lucky this time...

Ok, I feel happy today.

good job!
I remember college...
yeah, I passed a bunch of classes... on my way to the bars.
I was the one that made your grade look better. Let's just say I was holding up that bell. ;)

I will be so fragging lucky to make a B on my Physics II class this term. I hate that class. I need to kick ass on the final exam to pull it off.

Linear Algebra should be an easy B if I do well on the final. Java and Descrete Math are gimme A's, and I took those finals last week so it is all good.

Ok, i'll let you guys work this out:

-51% 1/2 tem mark in math

-tests are worth 70% of mark

-Made 31% on the test i had after i got that report card

-We had 3 tests

Good news: I just kicked ass on my Physics final. I have a moderate chance at a B+ now. :D

Bad news: Linear Algebra final in three days. I haven't studied at all. :(

I can't wait for the holidays ! I have about 85-90% in computer programming, 70 % in comic book, philosophy has 75%, about 80% for gym and as always French with 60-65%.

I don't know why, but history at my college is tough as hell. I never had a problem with it before, but one of the finals or midterms in that class covers about 80 pages of notes. I hope I end up lucky and get some decent grades myself.

IMJack said:

I will be so fragging lucky to make a B on my Physics II class this term. I hate that class.

Hehe, one of my good friends' fathers teaches Physics at one of the colleges I am looking at =)

Anyway, I'm like trying to get into Columbia. My SAT scores should be okay by the time I'm a junior, I'm scoring 1390 right now as a sophomore, but the real problem are the grades cause I'm lazy as shit and don't do homework. So far I have like a cumulative 3.3 GPA, meaning I have to get 4.0s for pretty much the rest of 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. Hopefully my extra-curriculars will help a lot too.

doomedout said:

heh, I got 1400 on SAT and that made me cringe in disgust...

On the 2400 scale?

TeamKill said:

heh, I remember when I was in a computer programming class in High School. I got out of there with like 120%.

Bah, our lame school doesn't have any programming courses or I'd snatch them up in an instant.

999cop said:

actually it should be on the 1600 scale

Yeah, but "cringing in disgust" at a 1400 is a bit odd unless you're the brightest of the bright. Doomedout could be extremely bright, but it's weird.

BTW, it's possible he means the 2400 scale too, PSATs now go on the 2400 scale AFAIK, and he could have been talking about that. The SAT will move to 2400 in 2005, I think.

Dude, why the fuck are you so judgemental. I was getting 1520's on my prep SATS, and SATS are on a scale of 1600, not that I am bragging or anything, but getting 1400 is average back home(karachi), that is why I was cringing.

doomedout said:

Dude, why the fuck are you so judgemental.

Judgemental? Because I was confused as to why anyone would "cringe in disgust" at a 1400 which is not at all a bad score?

I was getting 1520's on my prep SATS, and SATS are on a scale of 1600, not that I am bragging or anything,

Well, that's sure as hell what it looked like.

but getting 1400 is average back home(karachi), that is why I was cringing.

Damn smart people in karachi, 1400 is well above average just about anywhere else.

Fredrik said:

Could someone explain what SATs are?

It's the standardized test taken in most of the U.S. (and other places as well, I'm sure) that a lot of colleges look at when judging which students to accept.

Sorry man, I read your post before you edited it. My Bad. I apologize.
Anyhow, ya they are damn smart those peeps in karachi but SAT is not the scale of your intelligence at all, its just a reasoning test, so don't be fooled by what the scores tell you... :) :O

doomedout said:

Sorry man, I read your post before you edited it. My Bad. I apologize.

Heh, that's okay, I always end up saying something really dumb that I totally don't mean to say without realizing it so I have to edit as quickly as I can =)

Anyhow, ya they are damn smart those peeps in karachi but SAT is not the scale of your intelligence at all, its just a reasoning test, so don't be fooled by what the scores tell you... :) :O

While it's true, the SAT is not the true measure of intelligence, it's hard to see a complete moron getting a high score. And regardless, it's still a big part of getting into a good college, which is helpful in getting a good job later on.

Well, Being that I am only 15, I'm still in high school but I make good grades. AN 96 IN ALGEBRA!!(and I'm the guy that sleeps all period)At the time we got report cards I didn't look at mine until I got home from fear of an F. Luckily, My algebra teacher isa the most forgetful person I've ever seen, so I managed to slip a couple of 3/10 test grades by. I haven't even ever made a C on a report card. That might change with physics, tho

Just in case you don't know, SAT stands for Scholastic Aptitude Test.

Heh, I slept through my high school chemistry class, and I kicked ass grade-wise. It helps that the teacher was a nice guy that knew how to teach. All the classes I've ever done really well in, the teachers were intelligent, funny people who both knew their material and how to teach it worth a damn.

STILL ALIVE, GODDAMMIT!!!!

Sorry 'bout that. Teh Bizarro Semestre is over! I survived Physics II, Roommate From Hell versions 2.0 AND 3,0, AND Accutane therapy. Sweetness.

Physics rocks dude, I don't care how nerdish that sounds, but apart from playing war3 or doom, I would read up on some physics crap.