Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheNoob_Gamer

Video game/movie crossovers you would like to see in Doom

I'm sure many of you are aware of gameplay mods/TCs that take heavy inspirations from other video games and movies (Some notable examples being Metroid Dreadnought and Action Doom). 
So Doomworld, please tell me some video games/movies that you want to be ported into the Doom engine.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

I would like a good "The Thing" from 1982 FPS. Maybe some speed up/variation could be made with sprites composed of interchangeable fleshy parts.

9 minutes ago, elend said:

Soul Reaver TC for Doom.

I once wanted to make a Heretic wad inspired by Blood omen :)

Also you might know this but Blood omen 2 is a basically a combination of the 2 games Sirens and Chakan 2
Sirens was supposed to be a FPS on the quake engine
So Soul Reaver Doom would be a TC for an FPS by id of a game of a series of which one game in the series of the sub series has one of it's roots in an FPS on a Id engine xD

Has someone done modern Wolfenstein yet? Could be a sweet brutal doom crossover with the "retrofuturistic" weapons from The New Order.

Mortal Kombat. FPS are going that direction anyway giving protagonists powers instead of bullets.

8 hours ago, geo said:

Mortal Kombat. FPS are going that direction anyway giving protagonists powers instead of bullets.

There used to be a TC made by Doomero but sadly, the link got removed.

9 hours ago, wintertowns said:

Has someone done modern Wolfenstein yet? Could be a sweet brutal doom crossover with the "retrofuturistic" weapons from The New Order.

Modern Wolfenstein? Check out Tormentor667's Wolfenstein game.

1 minute ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Modern Wolfenstein? Check out Tormentor667's Wolfenstein game.

Yea, that's a nice one, genius even, but I was thinking of something based on the more recent installments with the more futuristic aesthetic, like The New Order. Nazis on the moon, lasercutters, laserguns and robotdogs. Stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, wintertowns said:

Yea, that's a nice one, genius even, but I was thinking of something based on the more recent installments with the more futuristic aesthetic, like The New Order. Nazis on the moon, lasercutters, laserguns and robotdogs. Stuff like that.

Well, I've only played stuffs you mentioned in these gameplay mods (both require Gzdoom of course)

A doom mod based upon The Matrix franchise could be a good choice... something based on Ghost in the shell will be even better imo

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

A doom mod based upon The Matrix franchise could be a good choice... something based on Ghost in the shell will be even better imo

Try this, basically bullet-time in Doom.

On 1/21/2019 at 5:31 AM, Dirk said:

I always thought that Die Hard would make for an amazing Doom mod.

Not exactly Die Hard, but the great Operation: Body count TC includes a level that is just like it (and is an obvious homage to 80s action movies).

I guess these would be my picks for crossover ideas:

Movies:
- Terminator
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Transformers
- Deadpool
- Rambo
- Predator
- Pulp Fiction

Video Games:
- Metal Slug
- Bionic Commando
- Splatoon
- Golden Axe
- Altered Beast
- Outlaws
- Sunset Riders
- Uncharted
- Final Fight
- Streets of Rage
- Metal Gear (Especially Snake Eater)
- South Park N64

I would love to see an RPG like Fallout 1 or 2 recreated or reimagined in Doom with realtime combat, I think that the enemy and weapon style/variety would make a very fun experience and have a nice little RPG leveling system tied in too, maybe some Strife styled dialog.

I was gonna say Deus Ex but somebody did that with Diabolis Ex (Arvell was it?)

I would like a mod that adds Robocop, Terminators, Aliens, and Predators all in one. It could be called T.R.A.P. or something like that. XD

Also, if comics count, then I would honestly like to see what Doomguy would be like if he had the Infinity Gauntlet.

for movies: Punisher: War Zone
for games: Crusader: No Remorse (and Crusader: No Regret)

if TV series count, i would add Netflix Punisher and Daredevil, as well as Narcos (original and Mexico).

Aquaman + Free Willy. Aquaman was a game for the GameCube. In this he would time travel back to the 90s to Free Willy.

Wow, thanks everyone for keeping my post alive!

On 1/25/2019 at 9:24 AM, El Franko said:

I guess these would be my picks for crossover ideas:

Movies:
- Terminator
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Transformers
- Deadpool
- Rambo
- Predator
- Pulp Fiction

Video Games:
- Metal Slug
- Bionic Commando
- Splatoon
- Golden Axe
- Altered Beast
- Outlaws
- Sunset Riders
- Uncharted
- Final Fight
- Streets of Rage
- Metal Gear (Especially Snake Eater)
- South Park N64

For movies, well here is a Terminator weapon/monster pack. (That is everything I could find, Doom mods that take inspirations from movies, sadly, aren't much out there)
For Video games,
-Metal Slug: Try these mods.
-Outlaws: Here.

-Splatoon: This mod is a bit weird, IIRC.
-Metal Gear: There are 2 attempts trying to recreates the first two MGS experience in 2.5D first person, currently. Can't find the second sequel of the OG though. Also, check out SidDoyle/Josh771's stealth mod (also here is an addon if you think the mod doesn't have enough guns - and since MGS is a stealth game, I think it'll be okay to feature this mod in)
Sorry if these mods aren't enough for you.

7 hours ago, seed said:

Terminator and Aliens.

Here is an Alien randomizer mod for Doom (the quality of this mod is a bit debateable though)

11 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

I would love to see an RPG like Fallout 1 or 2 recreated or reimagined in Doom with realtime combat, I think that the enemy and weapon style/variety would make a very fun experience and have a nice little RPG leveling system tied in too, maybe some Strife styled dialog.

I was gonna say Deus Ex but somebody did that with Diabolis Ex (Arvell was it?)

Check out this Fallout 3+NV weapon pack. This TC also have some Fallout feel to it.
That's it for now. If anybody else knows more about these crossover-styled mods, please post!