Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

A To Z Autopsy Of ZDaemon

Scragadelic wrote quite an extensive article about the latest ZDaemon. Of course, this analysis turns out to be very positive but criticism is far from being eluded. So, if your hands hurt because you deathmatched too much late last night (and why would they hurt otherwise?), go exercise your eyes and see if you think alike.

Hmm... I wasn't actually gonna pay attention to this, but the lowered latency mentioned in the article caught my eye. Experience system doesn't seem too bad, either.

Any talk of making this work better through a proxy? I've been unable so far to make it work with mine...

Whee, I got two mentions in that article (the server list and the player lookup list). I feel so popular. Ok, maybe not. Anyway, very nice article.

Man, so now people can host four player servers on 56k with pings as low as 422? I totally cannot wait to experience that.

Waldon said:

Man, so now people can host four player servers on 56k with pings as low as 422? I totally cannot wait to experience that.

Yeah, but when you get to five players all the pings go up to 1000+.
But still, that's hella better than 0.99.

Had to edit the article yesterday because someone didn't tell me they were on cable.

BigBadGangsta sorta deserves to be in two screenshots since he didn't know he could be in the most important one.

[14:16:34] <Scragadelic> bbg: can you join my zdaemon server please?
[14:16:47] <Scragadelic> for a screenshot?
[14:16:49] <badfish> bbg: if you want that game on dweller well
[14:16:59] <badfish> whats the server scrag
[14:17:07] <BigBadGangsta> Scragadelic : after I game against BF
[14:17:18] <Scragadelic> badfish: scragadelic.ath.cx doom2.wad and skroom.wad
[14:17:19] <BigBadGangsta> badfish : we'd get horrible ping on Scragadelic's server, probably
[14:17:26] <BigBadGangsta> BOO
[14:17:37] <Scragadelic> bbg: actually it's a screenshot to test the ping
[14:17:38] <badfish> scrag where is this server
[14:17:45] <BigBadGangsta> Heh, badfish, get on Dweller
[14:17:46] <badfish> srag i will go
[14:17:50] <Scragadelic> where?
[14:17:53] <Scragadelic> scragadelic.ath.cx
[14:17:54] <BigBadGangsta> We'll worry about Scragadelic AFTER our game
[14:17:55] <BigBadGangsta> Heh
[14:17:57] <BigBadGangsta> Hahahaha