Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigBoy91

Who here is a video game collector?

Fellow Doom addicts, who here collects hard copies of OTHER video games? I love collecting old school cartridges.

Spoiler

51050403_2013450512064068_3359363504413868032_n.jpg

Edited by NerdyButLazy

Here's a pic of my TV setup. Rocking the old CRT.

Spoiler

51026299_245113999752613_7682907979498127360_n (1).jpg

Edited by NerdyButLazy

I'm not heavy into the collection scene but I have been meaning to expand my PS2 library. So far I have reached 20. (Same as my age... how awkwardly coincidental >w>) Might also look into more PS1 titles as well.

Damn dude, that’s a badass collection of classic cartridges! Mines about the same size but it’s all scattered around and horrible looking right now. Once I tidy up I might post a new pic.

Aw man, I was once collecting Sega Saturn games and hardware. Everything from PAL, NTSC/US and NTSC/JP territories. I had about 4 shelves full of games, as well as around 10 consoles, iirc. Once I discovered yahoo auctions, there was no stopping me and I once imported a Segata Sanshiro cardboard standee for around 100 USD. It was crazy.

At one point I sold everything, though. Just... grew out of it, I guess. Didn't have the space nor interest in it anymore. A decent chunk of PSone games I sold as well.

9 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Damn dude, that’s a badass collection of classic cartridges! Mines about the same size but it’s all scattered around and horrible looking right now. Once I tidy up I might post a new pic.

Nice! I look forward to seeing your collection. I'm extreeeeemely anal retentive so that's why my collection looks the way it does.

9 hours ago, Jamie Faith said:

Oh yeah, I'm huge collector! I have about 500 games and 20 consoles. I'll have to take some pictures and upload em here...  

Sick bro.

I don't collect, but I do have like 3,500+ Steam games.

I'm slowly meandering into collecting games. Last year I bought a Super Nintendo and have since acquired three games for it (Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Starfox), haven't had much time to play them though. So far I've only beaten Super Metroid.

I have a sizable PS2 collection (haven't counted, but almost all of them are from my childhood). Plenty of PS3 and some PS4 games. I'm interested in getting an original Xbox.

I recently got a handful of Gameboy games from one of my cousins.

Got a Wii a while back, but I need to clean it since it had to endure a flood not that long ago.

But sadly, I am but a humble university student and can't afford to expend substantial funds on such trivialities.

I shall not be outdone as the king of nerdy old game libraries!

I have a bunch of libraries I've painstakingly valued online, which I'm hoping to sell to anyone willing to pay my pricetags. A lot of rare and valuable goodies in here, such as complete boxed copies of Zombie Nation and Final Fantasy, PS1 game Misadventures of Tron Bonne with the Megaman Legends 2 demo disk, Earthbound, Mighty Final Fight, Megaman 3, and Clock Tower. The N64 lot was already sold a month ago.

EDIT: Removed pics and changed to a link due to forum image handling being broken.

Edited by Impie

In a way I would consider myself a collector. But I don't collect for a particular console per se. I collect games of a dark and gritty theme. Since I like finding them in stores, I don't have anything particularly rare or expensive. But my personal favorite in my collection is a complete in-box Doom 64 (not the most rare, but I found it in a independent game store). I also have PS1 and N64 versions of Quake 2, which have interesting differences. I find AVP2 on PC being sold at a higher than I would expect price, and I have that complete in box with its expansion for PC. I am still looking for Final Doom and Alien Resurrection in the wild though!

My console gaming collection, barring the stuff that the site doesn't have indexed. Most of it was picked up from thrift stores and yard sales back in the golden age of classic game collection, before the iPhone had come out and every fool suddenly had access to the insane prices being demanded for common trash on ebay. A lot of what I have is just for the sake of archiving for the future. You never know when something will happen, and somebody desperately needs a file from a specific version of a game.

I've collected in varying phases over the years since the late 1990s (ah.. the good old days of used pricing). These days my focus is much less on actual collecting and more on streaming, recording and playing. For that purpose I veer more towards flash carts and ODE (optical drive emulator) devices and don't care so much about owning the actual game. I do still focus on collecting hardware and try to have all of my consoles boxed and in good shape, but I'm (mostly) out of the retro buying game at this point in time. Prices aren't in-line with what my current budget allows and so the little bit of money I do spend on games either goes towards expanding my recording capabilities (new equipment, flash carts or ODEs), or purchasing modern games.