Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Doom's red colormap is hideous, that map would look great with a custom colormap which fades better. I think the BTSX colormap accounts for this for example.

This isn't anything special as i was just messing around with GZDoom's settings (whilst capturing a few screenshots) to try to get more of an "old-school/software" based look while using OpenGL (which is why i have no armor + low health) and i just so happened to capture a picture mid-hit.

Now i know this would probably be more impressive in '94 (or never tbh) but i rarely if ever take screen shots so...yeah haha! I should of just used god mode but oh well. This was on UV difficulty. The only thing i did to the picture was resize it.

Also...speaking of red ;)

rsz_1screenshot_doom_20190205_073808GZDoom1.png

The sky could benefit from touchups to better fit the palette, the transitions from orange to pink to gray are quite harsh. The architecture looks nice and clean.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:58 AM, Tango said:

some old Darkening 2-themed maps that I'm about to clean up and convert to OTEX:

ydEh2SC.png

hIhlj24.png

WC9DAj2.png

first one is from an unfinished set of maps I originally made specifically for Complex Doom, second and third are from some Zandronum invasion maps from 6 years ago D: going to take some effort converting the small invasion maps into something fun and playable though

beautiful

If it's sucking, it should rotate in the other direction I think. Here it looks like it's pushing.

g0b6p0s.png

Modified E1M1 (Novemeber 1993 recreation) with a bit of flavoring of D5M1 (DWANGO5.WAD) and for DOOM2.WAD.

For the Chocolate Doomslayers Discord Group :)

41 minutes ago, Gez said:

If it's sucking, it should rotate in the other direction I think. Here it looks like it's pushing.

Sorry but fireblu is powerful enough to attract you...

39 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

My goal was to make a room to house the red key in, and I may have gone a little overboard.

TQjk100.jpg

What's the mortgage for that house?

On 12/12/2018 at 5:14 PM, TollyCastle said:

Here's the starting room from my tower of babel remake. I'm unusually proud of the recursive arches for some reason.image.png.668c75d3906ad681717b5506c6b46e12.png

Will it be like a climb to the top type of map?  Cause then I would really like it.

4 hours ago, DoomKid423 said:

Will it be like a climb to the top type of map?  Cause then I would really like it.

Nah, it'll just be like the regular tower of babel. I may extend e2m7 to have it have a bridge leading into the tower tho.

15 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Not my map, but a palette I made:

looks awesome, love the colors. are you planning to release something with that palette? :D

also what map is that? looks slick