Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheNoob_Gamer

How would you describe the whole Doom/Doom 2 in just 4 words?

12 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I don't really want to start an argument/debate, but many people considered most of Sandy Petersen's maps, well, bad or horribly bulls**t. (Take The Pit, Downtown and The Chasm for example).

Oh I see.
I was imagining that he had swindled the other members of the company and then left or something like that.

Nah not all of his maps are bad- just some of them are...pretty questionable at least for me...The Chasm is a good stinking example ;P

Give him credit though for the quick turnaround he spent on what he did do though- not to mention for giving some pretty neat names to many of the maps~

The only Sandy maps I don't really like that much are The Pit, Refueling Base, and The Chasm. All the other ones I can think of are pretty good, especially Tower of Babel and Icon of Sin.

12 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Agitated, muted, badass marine

6 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Wait, Doomguy is mute?

He isn't.

He's clearly making sounds when he's in pain and screaming upon death. He's just silent because he doesn't have anything to say (or anyone to talk to).

33 minutes ago, seed said:

He's just silent because he doesn't have anything to say (or anyone to talk to).

Unless he's gone crazy and talk with a revenant or yell at that...

13 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

or yell at that...

*battle screams*

On 2/4/2019 at 10:02 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Well, like the title, I want to see Doomworld members describe Doom/Doom 2 in this weird way. And also because "4" means death in Japanese, IIRC. 

a Tour de Force 

Also, that meaning in Japanese originally comes from Mandarin Chinese, where the number 4 is pronounced the same as the word for Death, but using different tones.  I don't remember if that also holds true for Cantonese, though...

DooM 1 Episode 1: Fabulous Barons Of Hell

DooM 1 Episode 2: Oh Hai There Cybie.

DooM 1 Episode 3: HELLS KEEP OOOOOOH YEAH

DooM 1 Episode 4: Perfect Hatred Is Shit.

DooM 2:

Super Shotgun is Sexy.