Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

LOTR: The Two Towers

It's already premiered in some Asian countries. With about 150 votes, it already scored a 9.5 weighted average vote on the IMDb, by far the highest rating of any movie ever made.

Hmmm...interesting to say the least. I found the first one great so I'm not surprised that they gave it a 9.5. Can't wait to see the second one. Lets hope that it's as good as the review says. :)

Andrew, In time the rating will slip to something like 8.6, just like LOTR 1 The Fellowship, which debuted at a whopping 9.6! Godfather will remain at number 1, :)

Andrew, I really doubt more than 5 of those who have voted have actually seen the movie. The poll is open for everybody, it's quite obvious that most are fanatics who either give the movie 10 because they think FOTR was the best thing ever, or give it 1 because they're lamers.

And doomedout, FOTR is at 8.9.

Now, they shot the three movies all in one go, and then cut them into three seperate ones, right? How are the Acadamy Awards going to work, since technically, it's the same film? Or am I just crazy...

TeamKill said:

Now, they shot the three movies all in one go, and then cut them into three seperate ones, right? How are the Acadamy Awards going to work, since technically, it's the same film? Or am I just crazy...

Easy. The Academy Awards are considered only for films released during the previous year. So even though it's one film in essence, they can still get triple the Oscars out of it.

One of the reasons there's such a rush of films at the end of the year is that anything that premiers at or before 23:59:59 Eastern Time on 12/31 is fair game for the next Oscars. And everyone knows latecomers are favored over films from earlier in the year.

Fredrik said:

And doomedout, FOTR is at 8.9.

its at 8.7, not 8.6. Go to Top movies and see the ratings there, not at its main page.

Minority Report should win the visual effects Oscar. I'm sure TTT will be more impressive, but it'll doubtfully be more convincing.

AndrewB said:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0120737

Wellp, it says 8.9. Who knows what to believe?

The score at the movie page is the actual score. What you see on the top 250 page is scores that have been modified to better reflect the opinion of the IMDB staff (sad but true).

Either way, TTT will rock.

And I doubt minority report has better visuals. (Funny how AOTC didn't even enter this discussion, eh?)

And I doubt minority report has better visuals.

Unlike LOTR, they don't jump out of the screen and attack you, but that's a good thing IMO. But like I said, I have yet to be impressed by Gollum and the battle of Helm's Deep.

(Funny how AOTC didn't even enter this discussion, eh?)

Is it also funny that 3 + 4 = 7? :P

the academy awards suck!!! titanic should have not got a damn thing, movie sucked ass. anyway i will probaly go see it, looks good and i liked the first. never read the books. i am not a die hard fan so i am in no hurry

The academy awards do suck. Titanic's a freaking 7.0 movie, A Beautiful Mind isn't even in the top 100. CTHD (AKA WHCL) is in the top 50, Gladiator isn't in the top 100.

With the IMDB, the Academy Awards are obsolete.

AndrewB said:

I second that (even though some of the movies on the IMDB top 250 list are overrated).

AndrewB said:

IMDB: Film information database and public-access opinion forum.

Academy Awards: Annual hooray-for-us festival for the rich and beautiful.

( Apples.equals( Oranges ) ) == false;

Hey, I just got to know that I'll be able to see TTT the 21st. Earlier, I wasn't sure if I had a chance at going before new year's at all.
:)

In the mean time I'm planning to go see it at the midnight showing on the 17th. MWAHAHAHAHA.

What annoys me the most is that my retarded younger brother will see it the 18th. I had planned to go that day, but it would have required me to take a day off from school, and I don't want to do that.

I'll go when it will be less crowded. I hate when the room is full of people, especially parents that brings their children. When I saw the 1st one, we had a mother a baby not even 5 years old ! it kept crying and when the music played it started shouting and stuff. So I won't til next month maybe. Hurray ! Brad Dourif is in there ! He = excellent actor.