Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Karnak - Gameplay Mod for Heretic/Hexen/Deathkings

karnak-banner.png

GET IT HERE!

Basically here's a fun excuse to binge your Heretic and Hexen mapsets again.

Karnak is a gameplay mod series that changes Heretic, Hexen, and Hexen: Deathkings into a sci-fi and sorcery epic. You play Maa’hes, rightful king of the lion-headed centauroids known as the Leonids, the dominant species on planet Karnak.

KARNAK – For Heretic. The Beast King Marduk has come from a galaxy far, far away to conquer Karnak and the rest of the Khepri System. Using a combination of guns, magic, and brute strength, Maa’hes slays his way through 5 episodes to save Karnak and rid the cosmos of Marduk’s taint forever.

KARNAK 2 – For Hexen. After a lengthy inter-dimensional campaign, Maa’hes finally returns to his homeworld, only to find it on the brink of holocaust: a creature known as the Defiler is posing as the god of the Crimson Order, pushing the red-robed cultists to amass an unstoppable legion. Play as Maa’hes, Gilgamesh, or Ren and stop the Defiler’s followers.

KARNAK: SCOURGE OF ABYDOS – For Hexen: Deathkings. Maa’hes returns to Memphis to reclaim his birthright…and is promptly thrown in a cell for impersonating a monarch. His only chance to fulfill his destiny as ruler of Karnak is to stop the Dark Lord Nergal, dictator of Abydos, from poisoning the river and subjugating the leonid people.

Weapons

list-weapon.png

Enemies

list-nme.png

God damn, those enemies have so much personality. Great mythological theme (a lot of lions, snakes, female enemies, and plenty of bosses)

13 minutes ago, Cupboard said:

God damn, those enemies have so much personality. Great mythological theme (a lot of lions, snakes, female enemies, and plenty of bosses)

Thanks Cupboard! There's a few more in the Hexen mods (Leonids with guns, for example) but I haven't made a list for them yet. The Deathkings mod is separate due to the story being new and also the main villain, who fights you periodically throughout the game in little teaser battles.

I think I tested the first mod on a few of your maps, if I remember right, and they worked really well together.

Edited by Impie

Wow, this looks super cool. Hexen/DK has been on my list to replay for a couple years now, and this might be just the way to go.

Put together a list of wads that best mesh with Karnak besides the original iwads. Load up Karnak with any of these for a good time/challenge:

HERETIC
Call of the Apostate
Dark Deity's Bastion
Realm of Parthoris
Wayfarer
Masters of Chaos (music fix)

HEXEN
Vaults
Shannara
Vicerus (music fix)
Wolfen

EDIT: Added a music fix patch for Vicerus and MoC so i don't have to mess with the original wads. Just add the respective patch to the end of the wad loading queue for the proper Karnak music if you want.

Edited by Impie

cough... and my 4 map long Egyptian themed mappack that will be released in the near future...cough...

Somewhat minor update, but a much needed update nonetheless.

- Tripod Cannon has a new graphic that makes it look a little bit more space-age.

- Hexen/Deathkings chessboard sequence has appropriate graphics for the new heroes now.

Very nice!  I always liked the story and gameplay of Powerslave and your mod brings back pleasant memories. 

I take my hat off to you and your helpful crew. It's also nice you've included sort of a pdf manual, which you don't see quite often. 

18 hours ago, elend said:

I haven‘t seen this before. This looks awesome.

Its been around for some time now, but it's been really hard to get people to try it out for some reason. You'd think they'd want an excuse to break out Heretic and Hexen wads again.

Another update: fixed up the Crimson Witches' attacks. In Hexen/Deathkings they fire a few Bishop projectiles, and in all three mods their arballista shots are half speed.

Also lengthened the Leonid's stun state so automatic weapons pin them down better.

You know I downloaded this a month back but didn't try it until you mentioned the last update, and man I was missing out! This is awesome, whole new set of weapons AND monsters. Really love the Leonids, they are so vicious! Another great mod Impie, can't wait to see what the new bosses are like:)