Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 2: The E2 standard Community Project (ON IDGAMES!)

Thank you ! on the topic of nothing; Eventually I designed the secret exit around using a rocket launcher. I can't get it to work for me, but I basically copied the mt erbus secret so maybe my bad technique there. :-p

So... I got way to much work done so probably going to cut the map abit if I want to be done by sunday... or monday lol. Currently sitting at 197 monsters but you get a r l pretty early and all-in-all there about 10 minutes of game play.

What important is left is figuring out where to put the teleporter so you can reach the secret level r l jump ledge, and a key.

Title: Ore Refinery
Build time: About 26 days
New music (if any): I hope PRIMEVAL or other composers make a track. Otherwise, I'll leave it by default.
Tested with: Crispy DooM 5.1
Description:

I tried something different from the map I made for the first Deadly Standards.
In this one, I gave player multiple choices in the beginning. Basically, I made it non-linear & tested every way you can beat the level with pistol-start & hopefully, I managed to balance things out. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4advnj91jup7fn5/e2m3.zip?dl=0

Just want to post an update that I'm still working on my map. I've done the majority of the gameplay and detailing in the outdoor area, so what is left now is the actual tower interior.

2KXttLz.png

JAw5Xsb.png

Edited by Spectre01 : Image posted twice

2 hours ago, Liberation said:

I haven't forgot about making a few additions to M1, think I might have decided on a good name as well.

Good! Waiting for the new map version!

@Spectre01wow, looks gorgeous!

My sincere apologies, but I've lost all interest in playing or mapping for Classic Doom. I wanted to deliver an epic finale, but the artistic passion is simply not there at the moment, and I haven't played Doom for nearly a month now. I'm sure somebody else can make a great final map, and I wish you all best of luck in finishing this project!

Nooooooh!

I'm quite sad to hear this, since your map looks awesome! But if you don't have anymore interest in Doom, i'm not the one to force you to do what you don't want to do...

If you want, you can send what you made here and some other guy will work on it, like for E2M1 with liberation and cruchynut44

I can do E2M8 but I will make a new map.

The map looks good but too ambitious and quite out of place for this kind of project imo. You should relase this map on standalone

Edited by Roofi

Sorry to hear that, but that's your decision... Thanks for giving the map you working!

Also, if I don't have Spectre01 map until the end of the week, i'll give E2M8 slot to Roofi...

@Spectre01 , If you are ok to let me make a new map for E2M8 , I would like to have your map in order to place it in a secret area if it doesn't bother you. You will be credited indeed and your work will not be lost.

I don't have enough motivation and mapping skills to continue this map , sorry.

I'll hang on to my map and possibly re-purpose it for a solo release in the future, just like a couple of others I was working on. It's way too big to have as a secret area, so a brand new (and shorter) map would work a lot better.

Ok , no problem.

Good luck with your map ! I hope you will retrieve interest in Doom. :)

Ok , I started something , I think it will be finished in few days or just a week.

Edit : Removed outdated screenshots

Edited by Roofi

Looks pretty good indeed!

It gives me some creepy vibes, enjoying the usage of water in the 2nd shot... is this somehow inspired by Spectre01? Asking this mostly on architecture design on 2nd shot again...

Thank you dudes. :)

It's mainly inspired of a map I gave up months ago and ToD maps too. I think Spectre01's E1M8 could give me a lot of inspiration. :)

doom213.png

I post here more actualized screenshots of today's work :

doom32.png

doom33.png

doom34.png