Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hell_Pike

TOON (Cartoon Doom)

TITLEPIC.png.a2cca43495cd1de30171257078be7e42.pngThis mod converts most of the doom graphics to toon graphics. CYBRF1.png.4148578176baff4d6a34d7e37e33c3e9.png

Credit for the original of the photo above goes to Nanka Kurashiki. 

It's kind of a dumb gimick thing but I thought maybe someone out there would get a kick out of it. 

This mod is for Doom 2 and only replaces the sprites and textures. It replaces most the graphics but its still a WIP. STFTL40.png.3f9f1572395801a0bf39b45ef6b7bad3.png

Download : https://drive.google.com/open?id=118l0NTWzBv-_OJdPOOo_am4c7PNDkzMJ

M_DOOM.pngScreenshot_35.png.3403f53eb5ebed6e882d7e9ac8cf8036.png

2/11/19

Toon Weeb Edition : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lb3bjMEH2Oj8rEPwdnw7WYpkVSCV7YB5
With this second version the effect is less dramatic. I was going for an anime feel with this one.

TITLEPIC.png.8c9208d2bd5d0c533b8671c9e3ffdccc.png

CYBRF8.png.09650eab87a506a34fba0d059d617a7d.pngBBRNB0.png.aa651c24798d7b66b7d7f86aefb8e742.pngCPOSF2.png.c15dcedf5f64447af64c46d3a5e19b22.png

CYBRF1.png

Edited by Hell_Pike

It's creepy, bizarre and FUN to play. Played it with the Backwoods mod, goes well with it. Tried it with a wad I didn't much care for, changed the looks enough to make different. Looking forward to the finished product. :D

1 hour ago, grouchbag said:

It's creepy, bizarre and FUN to play. Played it with the Backwoods mod, goes well with it. Tried it with a wad I didn't much care for, changed the looks enough to make different. Looking forward to the finished product. :D

Thanks so much man! It will be done by next week and then I'm going to work on some toony conversions of old classic wads. Or maybe I do a version for doom 1 first haha

"Now with bolognese support"

Pretty sure the first version worked fine with bolognese. Thought this is only a texture/sprite mod?

@Impie
I agree. A few weeks ago I found a gameplay mod which used cartoon gun and enemy sprites, which I liked. So I was searching for a mod which actually changed the doom textures to cartoon style, to look more like XIII amd borderlands and sthat stuff - With no luck.  Guess a real cartoon texture mod has yet to be made.

Edited by eviltechno

Interesting mod, even if some sprites are been untouched for some reason (like the dead former human, some revenant and arch-vile sprites and some other i didn't see yet)!

lol based on the title I thought this was going to be yet another mod that adds cartoon characters. This looks less like Toon and more like "Doom in Oil" but either way it's pretty darn unique looking.

2 hours ago, molten_ said:

something about the way sprites look in this kinda reminds me of Hylics.

LOL I thought about saying the same thing. Really neat visual style regardless!

5 hours ago, eviltechno said:

Pretty sure the first version worked fine with bolognese. Thought this is only a texture/sprite mod?

This just means I've added in replacement gibs for bolognese that have the cartoon rendering.

6 hours ago, Hell_Pike said:

This just means I've added in replacement gibs for bolognese that have the cartoon rendering.

Ok. That's cool.

Btw, why does the reload animation of the pump shotgun have to be on top of the crosshair? Or is that a bug on my end?

3 hours ago, eviltechno said:

Ok. That's cool.

Btw, why does the reload animation of the pump shotgun have to be on top of the crosshair? Or is that a bug on my end?

I hadn't noticed it but I'll give it a look. BTW I'm making a weeb edition as we speak. Its sort of like this but sharper with a paper overlay to try and give it an anime feel. Not sure how it will look yet but I'll probably be done by next week.

9 hours ago, Cherno said:

Is there any particular reason why this isn't titled LSDoom? ;)

Hmmmm thats gives me an idea...

20 minutes ago, Hell_Pike said:

I hadn't noticed it but I'll give it a look. BTW I'm making a weeb edition as we speak. Its sort of like this but sharper with a paper overlay to try and give it an anime feel. Not sure how it will look yet but I'll probably be done by next week.

Sounds good looking forward to the new project. If it's much different to this one you should probably fix the pump shotgun reload animation for "Toon" nontheless.

1 hour ago, eviltechno said:

Sounds good looking forward to the new project. If it's much different to this one you should probably fix the pump shotgun reload animation for "Toon" nontheless.

OK I just fixed it. There is still some texture problem that I havent nailed down and like 3 or 4 textures I havent done yet but I'm not sure which ones.

12 minutes ago, Hell_Pike said:

OK I just fixed it. There is still some texture problem that I havent nailed down and like 3 or 4 textures I havent done yet but I'm not sure which ones.

That's much better.

Something I noticed in the first version already, the pistol sprite getting split horizontally while shooting. I first thought it's some vsync problem, but then it wouldn't be showing on screenshot https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1651392598

8 minutes ago, eviltechno said:

That's much better.

Something I noticed in the first version already, the pistol sprite getting split horizontally while shooting. I first thought it's some vsync problem, but then it wouldn't be showing on screenshot https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1651392598

Can you pm me on discord? I'd appreciate to get the feedback there it might be a little easier. My  name on the discord is baba booey and I'm on the zdoom discord, and a few other doom modding discords.

Edited by Hell_Pike

On 2/9/2019 at 2:49 PM, eviltechno said:

@Impie
I agree. A few weeks ago I found a gameplay mod which used cartoon gun and enemy sprites, which I liked. So I was searching for a mod which actually changed the doom textures to cartoon style, to look more like XIII amd borderlands and sthat stuff - With no luck.  Guess a real cartoon texture mod has yet to be made.

Try the new "weeb" edition.