Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

At least you can always hunt down the songs individually and buy those pikes. I have a list started a couple pages or so back with the tracks John chose (so far). The issue will be the unique exclusive track that Buckethead did just for SIGIL. In that case, you'll have to *get* it somehow, or find a suitable replacement from the pikes.

Here's that list:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1947718

6 hours ago, JCST said:

I asked John and his team by if we could at least buy an digital version of the soundtrack, but they said it's unlikely unfortunaly...

Ugh that's a shame because I totally would've bought a digital version if he had one planned. Buckethead seems to be my kind of musician.

I suspect Romero thought that releasing a digital soundtrack would've taken away some big box sales.

Also if I remember correctly, in one of his streams Romero said that the free megawad would just use the same recycled MIDIs from the Ult Doom. Which makes me regret not picking up a big box when I had the chance.

I'm surprised he was able to make a deal with Buckethead. I guess when you're a rockstar like Axl, Ozzy or John Romero, Buckethead does talk to you.

I hope that the boxes for Germany will be sent from Ireland (as it said somewhere on limitedrungames.com) – otherwise they might be stuck in customs limbo quite a long time. Playing the episode without the new music would be a shame.

1 hour ago, Manuel-K said:

Playing the episode without the new music would be a shame.

If it's anything like the WIDDLYWIDDLYWIDDLYWIDDLY in the trailer, I'm alright thanks. Gonna see what the setup is (MAPINFO lump or derivative thereof?) and put together a HexenKraft music pack, personally. YMMV.

3 hours ago, Jayextee said:

If it's anything like the WIDDLYWIDDLYWIDDLYWIDDLY in the trailer, I'm alright thanks. Gonna see what the setup is (MAPINFO lump or derivative thereof?) and put together a HexenKraft music pack, personally. YMMV.

He said it'd run in "anything but the Vanilla engine" so I'm presuming any sourceport with MAPINFO support.

I read through all 21 pages of this thread and man did i really want to "respond" to some people. Hell, i'm just happy that Sigil is even a thing, period. I do think that it's very cool that Romero teamed up with Buckethead for this release as i'm a fan of Buckethead's music (although i haven't really been paying attention to what he's been up to lately) and i do own a few of his CD's. 

I did manage to see him live back in 2012 or so. It was actually around the time the "Pikes" albums were first starting to come out so i bought the first one (i didn't have enough money for the second). I'm sure by now Buckethead has released about 150 of 'em as Buckethead's notorious for putting out albums faster than greased lightning.

Anyway's, i didn't have money to buy Sigil in any form due to various health/life reasons but i'll totally play it when it comes out and i have no doubts in my mind that it'll turn out to be a great 5th Episode. I'm sure Romero already has had some great people/players play test it so no worries there.

I'll use w/e source port it works with too as i've read that it's not Vanilla compatible. I already have my GZDoom set up and ready to go as that seems to be the "go to" source port (although i use Pr/GLBoom+ quite a bit myself). I just hope i'm "ready to go" the day it's released ;)

Edited by CyberDreams : grammar, but i'm sure it's still messed up

I really wonder if it will be playable on my port. It has most limits removed, but still wondering. It will be really cool if I can play it on Doom 3 BFG Edition

53 minutes ago, MadGuy said:

I really wonder if it will be playable on my port. It has most limits removed, but still wondering. It will be really cool if I can play it on Doom 3 BFG Edition

Probably not, unless you can play custom WADs with that version, as I doubt it'd support extra stuff like MAPINFO.

14 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Probably not, unless you can play custom WADs with that version, as I doubt it'd support extra stuff like MAPINFO.

It can play custom WADs and support stuff such as MAPINFO & DEHACKED

I didn't skim through all 21 pages to see if anyone else saw, but I did notice that on the bill board is says: 

shot1.png.3beb009c5a57514da8f0b146e03d5621.png

"5 Core Elements in Games".

Edited by Mr.Rocket

2 hours ago, MadGuy said:

It can play custom WADs and support stuff such as MAPINFO & DEHACKED

Should be fine then, I suppose. If not, you'll find out pretty soon.

Pretty sure the BFG Edition had some limits raised and stuff.

23 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

He said it'd run in "anything but the Vanilla engine" so I'm presuming any sourceport with MAPINFO support.

"Anything but the Vanilla engine" includes Crispy, which I'm pretty sure doesn't support MAPINFO.  He also said on his stream he's using Dehacked for the PAR times, so my hunch is he isn't using any kind of special lumps like Mapinfo.  It'll basically be a limit-removing mapset.

35 minutes ago, Bauul said:

"Anything but the Vanilla engine" includes Crispy, which I'm pretty sure doesn't support MAPINFO.  He also said on his stream he's using Dehacked for the PAR times, so my hunch is he isn't using any kind of special lumps like Mapinfo.  It'll basically be a limit-removing mapset.

Problem is we've also seen streams that show the automap with test names for levels, and considering they're in E5 slots, no way can you edit those via DeHackEd. They simply don't exist.

It's entirely possible he's doing both a DeHackEd patch and a MAPINFO style patch though. We'll find out soon enough. 

Is this entirely sure they aren't just replacing existing slots? I think he could get away with this AND having MAPINFO for sourceports that can put them in actual "E5 slots", but my knowledge is fuzzy, so maybe this isn't doable.

5 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

and considering they're in E5 slots

I must have missed that detail, I just figured he'd be replacing existing maps given the default game doesn't support a fifth episode.  

16 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I must have missed that detail, I just figured he'd be replacing existing maps given the default game doesn't support a fifth episode.  

it would be a massive blunder on his part if he does anything other than put the maps in one of the normal episodes and just use the dehacked patch to change the automap to say E5

on a side note, i thought only boom format dehacked supported changing the par times

3 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

Some loud AD should come soon and SIGIL be 3 years late.

what does that mean?

On 12/21/2018 at 3:58 PM, Nevander said:

Starting watching the VODs and noticed a few song names were mentioned so I starting building a list of them. I will add to this as (or if) I discover more.

Unconfirmed maps' tracks:

1. Romero: One Mind, Any Weapon (exclusive)

2. 13th Floor

Map list with confirmed tracks:

E5M1 - ?

E5M2 - ?

E5M3 - Buildor Part 2

E5M4 - The Patrolman

E5M5 - Cold Frost Part 6

E5M6 - Melting Man Part 2

E5M7 - Far 5

E5M8 - ?

E5M9 - ?

Loving the choices so far, especially Buildor.

Awesome job on finding out the names of these tracks. I'm not sure if more have been found out by now but there are over 250 of the "Pikes" series releases now (holy shit!). So i went on Buckethead's website as well as google and found out what releases they are from as well as their original release dates:

2. 13th Floor (Pikes 118 - Elevator - 2015)

E5M1 - ?

E5M2 - ?

E5M3 - Buildor Part 2 (Pikes 224 - Buildor - 2016)

E5M4 - The Patrolman (Pikes 8 - Racks - 2012)

E5M5 - Cold Frost Part 6 (Pikes 205 - 2 Days Til Halloween: Cold Frost - 2015) 

E5M6 - Melting Man Part 2 (Pikes 10 - The Silent Picture Book - 2012)

E5M7 - Far 5 - (Pikes 266 - Far - 2017)

E5M8 - ?

E5M9 - ?

I added the links to the official pages where one can purchase the individual tracks and/or the whole album but you'll obviously still be missing the exclusive track. If the links and/or this post goes against the rules then i apologize as i'm not trying to condone piracy. I'm just trying to figure out which tracks come from which album.

2 hours ago, Soundblock said:

Maybe Romero didn't factor in there's only 28 days in February, and this will get pushed to March 3rd?

The website says mid-February so it's out on the 14th or I ask for a refund of my free megawad.

4 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

Awesome job on finding out the names of these tracks. I'm not sure if more have been found out by now but there are over 250 of the "Pikes" series releases now (holy shit!). So i went on Buckethead's website as well as google and found out what releases they are from as well as their original release dates:

2. 13th Floor (Pikes 118 - Elevator - 2015)

E5M1 - ?

E5M2 - ?

E5M3 - Buildor Part 2 (Pikes 224 - Buildor - 2016)

E5M4 - The Patrolman (Pikes 8 - Racks - 2012)

E5M5 - Cold Frost Part 6 (Pikes 205 - 2 Days Til Halloween: Cold Frost - 2015) 

E5M6 - Melting Man Part 2 (Pikes 10 - The Silent Picture Book - 2012)

E5M7 - Far 5 - (Pikes 266 - Far - 2017)

E5M8 - ?

E5M9 - ?

I added the links to the official pages where one can purchase the individual tracks and/or the whole album but you'll obviously still be missing the exclusive track. If the links and/or this post goes against the rules then i apologize as i'm not trying to condone piracy. I'm just trying to figure out which tracks come from which album.

Thank you for this post. Were E5M1; E5M2; E5M8 or E5M9 previewed ? 

If they were, one could possibly just use Shazam on it to acquire the track title. 

If not, that leaves two map's tracks left!