Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

44 minutes ago, 38_ViTa_38 said:

Doom 2 map 7 pacifist, NM speed and nomo in 2.49.

lv07_249_tas.zip

Good stuff, but there's a slight error in the packaging: the zip for the Nightmare demo includes the nomo lmp instead of the Nightmare one.

22 hours ago, Grazza said:

Good stuff, but there's a slight error in the packaging: the zip for the Nightmare demo includes the nomo lmp instead of the Nightmare one.

Thanks, should be fixed now.

Very nice, rodster. Always liked the built run + plasma rifle combo, lol. A bit surprising there's even enough ammo for the max.

Doom 2 - 4-player Map30 uv-speed/max in 15.

pew pew pew pew pew.

cs30x015.zip

(You can use the same tactic solo by getting monster stuck to the edge of the two platforms)

Edited by Looper

17 minutes ago, Looper said:

4-player Map30 uv-speed/max in 15.

pew pew pew pew pew.

cs30x015.zip

(You can use the same tactic solo by getting monster stuck to the edge of the two platforms)

I knew it was probably possible to do it from the "lifts", the heights of the top platform is more than high enough. The reason I suggested using the main lift is that it would be feasible in a non-TAS run, and that is a bit omre interesting to me.

One player would have plenty of time to get into the right position on the way up and the other 3 would have time to find their spots as well. Maybe we'll do that one day ;)

1 hour ago, Beginner said:

Eviternity Map32 UV-Speed in 3:33

Showing off a route.

evit32x333.zip

That''s sensational! I considered the AV jump but never made it in testing, and thought it was impossible. Running to the rising bridge was intentionally made possible though!

Any guess as to how plausible this route is unassisted?

1 hour ago, ukiro said:

Any guess as to how plausible this route is unassisted?

I'd rate it fun times out of ten. With enough masochism persistence it should be doable, I guess.

Alien Vendetta NM Speed in 1:43:55   (segmented demo)

Don't expect something super fast, it's mostly a surviving run.

Highlight of the demo is definitely map25 in 59 seconds!

30anx14355.zip

After 3 weeks, Back to Saturn X E1: Get Out Of My Stations is finally done! DSDA, look here!

This is a full UV-Speed TAS, done in 32:46: 24btsx3246.zip

All necessary info is included in the text file inside this archive.

I would like to create a separate thread to catch more attention, but I hope everyone, who is interested in TAS movies, will eventually discover my work.

From Ukraine with love =)

Edited by Dimon12321

I guess it's too late now, but there's a nice void glide on the last map that skips most of it (including the big encounter / lock-in) 🙈

Regardless, nice to see a full tas!

Very lucky that it's the last map, redoing one map shouldn't be too much of a bother in comparison to something like a non-TAS D2ALL.

1 hour ago, kraflab said:

I guess it's too late now, but there's a nice void glide on the last map that skips most of it (including the big encounter / lock-in) 🙈

Would be great if someone could execute it in my demo or at least show the place where it's possible to do. I'm not satisfied with myself messing around for 3,5 minutes and waiting for a wall to lift down, but this map looks so impregnable that it hasn't any possible glitches.

UPD: looks like, the one corner that's below, has a 45-degree structure, but I have no results even with -turbo 255 feature.

Edited by Dimon12321

You can void glide from behind the boat (see circled area in attached image) and get to the exit sector. I don't remember if it works through the north or south corner, since there are two nooks there. @ZeroMaster010 may remember, since he was the one who managed to do it. I guess we never ended up releasing a demo with it.

Screenshot from 2019-05-24 21-44-00.png

On the other hand, after watching the demo, it doesn't seem to be in the habit of utilizing any particularly unnatural methods of optimization, instead going for the result that is aesthetically pleasing and action-packed. I can appreciate that.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:47 PM, kraflab said:

You can void glide from behind the boat (see circled area in attached image) and get to the exit sector. I don't remember if it works through the north or south corner, since there are two nooks there.

Still no results. I tried both corners, but they seem to be "wrong" comparing to the corner in Doom's E2M6. There I can easily find a spot where the screen is strongly shaking up and down if I run towards the corner at an angle range. Here I'm able to keep that condition for 3-4 tics. Maybe glitches are not my craft. I'm not sure if I will revisit this WAD in the nearest future.

Edited by Dimon12321

It's much (much) more precise than e2m6, so you could try for a long time and get nowhere. Since the rest of the run isn't built, and it would probably require building to do it, it's probably fine to leave it out :^)

Doom SIGIL Map 1 (or E5M1) UV-speed TAS in 0:24.

All info is in the text file. sig1-024.zip

UPD: Map 2 is done in 19.57 secs. Could be 18, but I decided to pick up a mega armor that's gonna be useful in next 3 maps. Special thanks to @JonaG who was (seems like) the first to find a teleport that takes you to a red-skull switch bypassing a hallway with monsters.

Edited by Dimon12321

On 6/5/2019 at 8:28 PM, Dimon12321 said:

Special thanks to @JonaG who was (seems like) the first to find a teleport that takes you to a red-skull switch bypassing a hallway with monsters.

It wasn't actually me who found that route. I first saw that in @ZeroMaster010's Nightmare! Speedrun in 17:32 (link). He will most probably include that shortcut in his next Sigil UV-Speed runs, since his most recent one (11:31 - link) still uses the old route.

I'm really looking forward to your TAS videos!

On 6/8/2019 at 6:14 PM, JonaG said:

It wasn't actually me who found that route. I first saw that in @ZeroMaster010's Nightmare! Speedrun in 17:32 (link). He will most probably include that shortcut in his next Sigil UV-Speed runs, since his most recent one (11:31 - link) still uses the old route.

I'm really looking forward to your TAS videos!

Both your demos and his speedrun are uploaded on 1st of June, so let's assume you were first for me =) And yeah, I appreciate ZM's creativity.

UPD: Honestly, I'm impressed about his skills too. On the map 3 he managed to toggle the switch in several seconds while I spend about 50 seconds to do exactly the same. Anyway, I did it in XDRE, but I'm sure I could do that ~0.5 secs faster.

UPD2: First 3 maps are done! Video is here (removed, see below)

Edited by Dimon12321

Ok, here we go again.

Doom SIGIL v1.1, Maps 1-4 UV-Speed TAS in 1:36.

Demo is here: s86.zip

Map 1: Like I said, it's fully made in PrBoom+, but I think the route is advanced and timings are very good. Probably it's possible to save 1 sec if you break through the crowd to the 2nd evil eye faster and activate both switches at first possible tic.

Map 2: First 5 secs are done in XDRE. This hallway on the way to the teleport is damn narrow. In slow motion, you would bump into every 2nd wall and lose speed. The way from megaarmor to the exit is also made in XDRE.

Map 3: I spent about 15 tics matching appropriate thousandths of a Y coordinate to get close enough and finally activate the switch. Bruteforce is horrible. I entered Strafe cmd, Run cmd and gave it 50 tics. If I could enter both less than (<) and greater than (>) for Y pos... It couldn't even reproduce the same correct input I had just picked manually.

The ending is unoptimized, I'm sure. If I alert a cacodemon earlier, this stupid lost soul flies towards the cacodemon and blocks it! So I had to alert it sooner to keep the lost soul from flying inside. And I couldn't kill it with a shotgun on the way to a rocket launcher.

Map 4: In Doom Builder, the first Baron is placed at the center of a lifting platform, but for some reason I can jump over only to his left. This is an extremely difficult map. To keep the crushers dead, you must bypass 2 linedefs that activate them. I got lucky with the 1st one since I've lost few health and armor. The 2nd linedef is so complicated and there is a zombie that blocks my pass. After 2 hours of trying, I got a positive result and crushers stood still, but I got crappy AI inside zombies and spent 1 more sec to bypass them.

Also I have no idea how did @ZeroMaster010 found that tiny spot that accelerate you enough to jump over the barrier. A rocket boost is faster and easier, but it costed me the rest of my health. At this point it's clear I can't normally advance through Map 5.

I have to redo Map 4 again: take left half with the 1st linedef and take a supercharge. Theoretically, it should be enough to get to supplies on Map 5 with minimal time loses.

This is probably my last TAS of Sigil v1.1. Will wait for Sigil v1.2 before continuing my work. See you soon. Thank you for reading! Have a nice watch.

Edited by Dimon12321

10 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

At this point it's clear I can't normally advance through Map 5.

Please elaborate on that point. You can pretty much YOLO to switch and back as long as turret doesn't shoot you at an inappropriate moment and you keep holding that M1. Entering M5 with CG in hands (probably) would be more beneficial but I didn't try that out.

s86_8_4.zip

Edited by Beginner : replaced demo, there's still a big damn room to improve

On 6/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, Beginner said:

Please elaborate on that point. You can pretty much YOLO to switch and back as long as turret doesn't shoot you at an inappropriate moment and you keep holding that M1. Entering M5 with CG in hands (probably) would be more beneficial but I didn't try that out.

s86_35.zip

You scared me. What turret? Ahh, a cyberdemon... Yes, you're probably right! I should persevere, but it requires much luck to get through. Also I like the strategy when you raise up and go the same way you came in to activate the wall in front of the blue door! It should be faster than running back to the "center" and use the lift.

UPD: I'm also wondering if I can run grab a megaarmor during the lift's timeout on Map 4 (before the 3rd rocket boost). And if the shotgunner won't block me then - that would be brilliant.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, Beginner said:

Nice speedrun

Edited by Dimon12321

On 6/11/2019 at 7:30 PM, Dimon12321 said:

I don't know if I should put TAS tag at the beginning.

It's a re-recording of your TAS recording with slow-mo and even more re-recording, so yeah, that's TAS.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:35 PM, Red-XIII said:

Alien Vendetta NM Speed in 1:43:55   (segmented demo)

Don't expect something super fast, it's mostly a surviving run.

Highlight of the demo is definitely map25 in 59 seconds!

30anx14355.zip

On 10/31/2015 at 2:04 PM, Red-XIII said:

Here it is, Plutonia 2 all, Nightmare Speed time 50:30!

Of course this is TAS, though the only tool used is re-recording.
I'm hoping to see a better time here since there's lot of place for improvement.
This was really fun to do, hope you'll enjoy watching it!

P.S.
dew, I used your txt's template :)

30p2xnm5030.zip

And yeah, both thumbnails of you shooting a pain elemental, are set by default =)

A real coincedence, I admit! Of course, I can change thumbnails.

Edited by Dimon12321

Another major update on my project to beat Sigil in the fastest time. This time I show you map 4 and 5.

Map 4 is improved by 3 seconds and now has better health managment comparing to my previous TAS.

Map 5 is a huge nightmare. Over 50 seconds are made in XDRE. Getting back on the top from where I've came to lower the wall that hides a blue door was the most difficult part of the entire map. I've managed the timings between activating the barrier I need to cross and found a tiny threshold (3 tics) where I can get back. Obviously, it's impossible to execute this outside XDRE. The last building was also made in XDRE because it requires advanced time managment and monsters' actions manipulation. Rocket damage was also manipulated. By the end, I got a damn cacodemon blocking my way, so I've lost some moments.

As a result, I'm 18 seconds ahead of Beginner's TAS.

Demo is here: s129.zip

Edited by Dimon12321