Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlyingMan1994

My first DooM map

I wanted to get into making DooM maps so my first map is mostly testing with doors and keys in order to get a feel for the program.

I used GZdoom builder and a DooM 2 wad. This is a single level map played like vanilla, mouselook is ok.

Here is a link to play the DooM wad yourself, I tested the map using GZdoom so make sure you use that.

Looking for constructive criticism, I'm excited to improve! 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9vKBt5G87CyG-umnAyiku2Yv4YmdFcM

P.S. After playing this in Zandronum with Sgt. Marks Brutal Doom v21, I recommend playing like this for the best experience. 

Screenshot_Doom_20190215_144447.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190215_144512.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190215_144530.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190215_144542.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190215_144554.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190215_144609.png

Edited by PKyeezy : Added screenshots

Welcome to Doomworld!

It looks like you included most of the details in this post, so, kudos on that. But you did leave out a very important aspect: screenshots! Adding screenshots will help people get an idea of what to expect and will entice them to try your level.

23 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Welcome to Doomworld!

It looks like you included most of the details in this post, so, kudos on that. But you did leave out a very important aspect: screenshots! Adding screenshots will help people get an idea of what to expect and will entice them to try your level.

Thanks, I re read the rules and added some screen shots, happy to be here on Doomworld!

Looking good for a first shot. Although, I can't download it, you need to set your link to be shareable.

Anyway, from what I can see in the screenshots, a couple of things stand out to me: your level looks very bright and could use some light/dark contrasts. Also, some variety in ceiling heights would go a long way in making your level look more dynamic.

9 minutes ago, BeachThunder said:

Looking good for a first shot. Although, I can't download it, you need to set your link to be shareable.

Anyway, from what I can see in the screenshots, a couple of things stand out to me: your level looks very bright and could use some light/dark contrasts. Also, some variety in ceiling heights would go a long way in making your level look more dynamic.

Alright, I edited the file in google drive, you should be able to download it, if not let me know.

Thanks for the feedback man!