Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

While listening the soundtrack of Sunset Riders , I realised this music sounds very similar to Doom 2 map 23 at the very beginning.

Mary Beats Jane - Mary Beats Jane (self titled) from 1994

A Swedish hardcore band that kind of sounds like Pantera at times. I personally like the guitar tones quite a bit. But certain songs have different "sounds". Some tend to be more "metal" than others. Some even sound "grungy". Too bad there aren't any times listed in the video to skim through it. I think the band only made 2 albums before splitting so i don't think they were ever really super popular.

I kinda like how in the remake of gold/silver, the song that plays while battling a 10 year old on the streets sounds like it's straight out of some fantasy JRPG where your party's busy beating up the first main villain.

I can't believe I forgot about this song. A few days ago a piece of it played in an ad or trailer and I was like "where do I know this most exquisite sound?" It actually took me a moment to remember the artist. One of the greatest songs ever and I somehow managed to not play it to death when I first discovered it over ten years ago. It's probably been half a decade since I've heard this song. 

The simple reason I never locked onto this song is because I never bother to learn the song titles of the Sigur Ros songs I like. 

Edited by Hellbent

A friend of mine on facebook talking about the loss of shocking value and artsy stuff on modern pop music from the same musical style back 30 years ago linked up this song:

Also i see you people discovered lolicore, eh?

Edited by Walter confetti

So I've been getting into Metal music since early 2017. Since then I have ordered CDs from the local library, as well as listening to some albums on YouTube Music, and I have listened to the following bands by genre:

Heavy Metal:

-Black Sabbath

-Ozzy Osbourne's solo career

-Judas Priest

-Motörhead

-Iron Maiden

-90's Metallica

-The Heavy Metal albums from Megadeth and Anthrax

Thrash Metal:

-80's and current Metallica

-Megadeth

-Slayer

-Anthrax

Doom Metal:

-Black Sabbath

Nu Metal:

-Slipknot

-Korn

-Unlocking the Truth (not exactly sure what genre they qualify as)

Bands that I'm looking forward to listening to once I get more albums from the library:

-Pantera

-Exodus

-Testament

-Sepultura

-Dio

-Lita Ford

-Disturbed

-Machine Head

-Overkill

-Puya

-Venom

-Stormtroopers of Death

-Alestorm

-Swashbuckle

I've also been looking forward to listen to industrial, grunge, alternative, and hard rock bands such as Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, and Chevelle.

I would like to know if there are any other noteworthy and great bands or any other metal genres/sub genres that you all would recommend to me. I really have fallen in love with this music style and I get to learn lots of messages about good vs evil, religion, politics, war, death, and the mysteries of life from bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Motörhead, and Iron Maiden. And of course, I love listening to Metal music while imagining gameplay footage from Doom games and mods (Classic Doom, Brutal Doom, Beautiful Doom, Doom 2016, and Doom Eternal). I highly thank Classic Doom (and ATV Offroad Fury 3) for getting me into an awesome musical genre and culture.

Just now, El Franko said:

So I've been getting into Metal music since early 2017. Since then I have ordered CDs from the local library, as well as listening to some albums on YouTube Music, and I have listened to the following bands by genre:

Heavy Metal:

-Black Sabbath

-Ozzy Osbourne's solo career

-Judas Priest

-Motörhead

-Iron Maiden

-90's Metallica

-The Heavy Metal albums from Megadeth and Anthrax

Thrash Metal:

-80's and current Metallica

-Megadeth

-Slayer

-Anthrax

Doom Metal:

-Black Sabbath

Nu Metal:

-Slipknot

-Korn

-Unlocking the Truth (not exactly sure what genre they qualify as)

Bands that I'm looking forward to listening to once I get more albums from the library:

-Pantera

-Exodus

-Testament

-Sepultura

-Dio

-Lita Ford

-Disturbed

-Machine Head

-Overkill

-Puya

-Venom

-Stormtroopers of Death

-Alestorm

-Swashbuckle

I've also been looking forward to listen to industrial, grunge, alternative, and hard rock bands such as Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, and Chevelle.

I would like to know if there are any other noteworthy and great bands or any other metal genres/sub genres that you all would recommend to me. I really have fallen in love with this music style and I get to learn lots of messages about good vs evil, religion, politics, war, death, and the mysteries of life from bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Motörhead, and Iron Maiden. And of course, I love listening to Metal music while imagining gameplay footage from Doom games and mods (Classic Doom, Brutal Doom, Beautiful Doom, Doom 2016, and Doom Eternal). I highly thank Classic Doom (and ATV Offroad Fury 3) for getting me into an awesome musical genre and culture.

Also here's some of my top favorite songs from the bands that I have listened to so far:

Slayer: Angel of Death

Megadeth: Holy Wars (The original obviously)

Metallica: Hit the Lights

Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast

Black Sabbath: War Pigs

Judas Priest: Grinder

Slipknot: Dead Memories