Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
portalsam

Monster wont deactivate.

Question

So after a few months I picked up my old wad. After redesigning the level and fixing some problems I started on the script. I'm trying to have my monster deactivate when the level starts using thing_deactivate and activate after a script plays. However the monster remains active, even when flagged with dormant. This has been a lot of trouble and I would appreciate any help with this issue.

tomreduced.7z

3 answers to this question

Having a look at your Decorate, I suspect it's because you have "A_Look" in your Spawn state.  A_Look automatically progresses the monster to the "See" state once you enter their field of vision, so it's probably overwriting the Dormant flag.

I removed A_Look from your Spawn state, and the monster acted Dormant as it should.

(On a separate note, please tell me there's more to your new monster than this Terry-esque thing?)

23 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Having a look at your Decorate, I suspect it's because you have "A_Look" in your Spawn state.  A_Look automatically progresses the monster to the "See" state once you enter their field of vision, so it's probably overwriting the Dormant flag.

I removed A_Look from your Spawn state, and the monster acted Dormant as it should.

(On a separate note, please tell me there's more to your new monster than this Terry-esque thing?)

Thank you! Changing how he worked fixed the entire issue. On your note, yes I do have some thing planned. But not sure if i could make drastic changes to a guinea pig.

1 hour ago, portalsam said:

Thank you! Changing how he worked fixed the entire issue. On your note, yes I do have some thing planned. But not sure if i could make drastic changes to a guinea pig.

Go ahead and make the changes but make a back-up copy first.