Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Descent into HELL

Well, its been more than a year since I picked up my mouse and keyboard and dove into DETH to begin a new level - but the time has arrived. I started the new wad today and have posted the first screenshot on my site at http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/descent.html
The screen pic is from the first room which is mostly complete... 90% I'd say. The concept for the wad is still working its way through my head although I am imagining a multilevel wad that may or may not go the entire 30 of Doom2. Check out the screenie and the story at this link - what do you think?

Why does it look so white, as if you picked up an item or two right when you took the picture?

Well, the darker version might be better, since the bright one seems to drown out some of the details in the room. Or, you could use JDoom to take that screenshot.

I didn't really like Jdoom at first - mostly cuz it was a pain downloading extra files for the kickstart and then needing to update drivers for my video card but it was worth it - excellent port.

Ya - so now you can see what it does for a not so ordinary room:

Check out the new pics I put up today. I added a new room (very large) - looks very cool. This is gonna be one kick ass wad. Again, the pics were taken using Jdoom cuz I gotta tell you - the lighting effects, etc... just smoke in that port. If you don't have it - GET IT!
So far I have about 6 hours into the wad and a total of 2 rooms completed (mostly). I still have some minor changes to both but the substance is already there. Just check out the pics....
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/descent.html

I went back to look at the new pictures but kept coming up with an "Erron on Page" message. The new pictures loaded up, but they were very grainy, and definitely not as visually appealing as the first one. I'll check again later.

hmmm - they looked pretty good to me but I did save in a different format - .gif as opposed to .jpg - maybe thats why.

Hmmm..Looking pretty spiffy, cant wait. :)

But all except the first of the screenies look kinda like the web colors used in the format only have like the reduced web colors. The maps look great but the screenies look kinda rough and well, you can actually see the dpi changes, but hey, the web sux for standardizing all colors for all OS's. They look great, sounds like a wad that will be more than worth my while. :D

Are you using Paint Shop Pro? If so, have you tried saving them as .png files?

Yes, Paint Shop Pro?
I can put Png files on the internet and have them show up in a web page?
I'll have to try that out.

Doom Anomoly - I hope it will be a wad people will be talking about for a VERY long time - and only the first in a series. :-)

Yes. I sort of consider them as .bmp files that can be used on the internet. Jpg files are good as well, and I use them on my screenshots page.

Brad_tilf said:

I hope it will be a wad people will be talking about for a VERY long time - and only the first in a series. :-)

Indeed, they sure look good enough for it. :)

Doom Anomoly

....Kay, does Ravage like have some underground Mid-night spelling cult or something? geeze, Im serious dude, this is getting serious.

Just so everybody knows - if you've bookmarked any pages on the web1000 server - I dumped it. They SUCK with a capital S. The new main pages are at http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/main
I had to move alot of stuff so if you find anything missing - links, pages, pictures, whatever - let me know.
I do know however that all the pages are definitely available. :)

DOOM Anomaly: The joke is getting old. I learned how to spell. :P |D|-|3Ar |\/|3 B1a000TC|-|!! :P