Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher`

what [insert crappy weather here] can do for you!

Well, 2hr delay from school today due to snow. 4 inches ins a few hours. The roads aren't even plowed yet. Heh, sweet. Nothing like being home till 9am. So what did you get?

ravage said:

Well, 2hr delay from school today due to snow. 4 inches ins a few hours. The roads aren't even plowed yet. Heh, sweet. Nothing like being home till 9am. So what did you get?

How I wish that would work in Finland too... You always have to go to school in time here, snow or not. Of course we have better clearing streets service though.

...wonders why this wasn't simply added on to the 'Weather' thread...

Anyway, since we rarely get any snow around here, even a few flakes can cause the drivers to panic. I remember one time when it began to snow, and in the span of about a half hour, there were around 400 separate accidents. Of course, most of them were minor, but there were a lot of serious ones.

Ichor said:

Anyway, since we rarely get any snow around here, even a few flakes can cause the drivers to panic.

I remember some footage of what happened when Texas got a freak ice-storm, and some of the drivers just decided to ignore it. Wild!

Why snow sucks:

1. It's cold
2. It's dangerous (kids throwing dirty snowballs, elder people falling and hurting themselves, cars chrashing etc.)
3. It's hard to ride bike because of it
4. I've always hated the snow-levels in all the games (almost)
5. When it's snowing, It's hard to see anything because the snow gets in my eyes
6. Something I missed EDIT: I always get sick because of it

My god, it's full of whiners!

Here, snow has to be at least one foot high before they'll close schools. 4 inchs is nothing.

7. Yellow snow...'nuff said.
8. Black snow - It can be worse than yellow snow. It certainly looks a lot uglier.

Driving in snow covered or especially sleet covered roads can be fun if you were in an enormous parking lot with no cars around.

You kidding? Snow is fun!

1. It cancels school (Tomorrow's fate is pretty much decided for :D)
2. It makes the perfect mat for doing crazy flips and stuff (Or wrestling, if you're into that)
3. The smokey igloo
4. Snowball wars
5. Lying on your back looking at the snow falling looks really cool!
6. Everything changes around you: Trees become big canopies, lakes freeze, etc...
7. It's edible (I'm still figuring this one out...i live out in the sticks though, so no acid snow for me hopefully!)
8. Squirrels dig cool tunnels in it! (Cool to watch, and if you like to shoot things...well, i've never done that, but it would probably be interesting if you like to hunt)
9. Make a private snow hangout!

OMG OMG!! SOMETHING RARE HAPPENED HERE!! School's canseled, with round 6-7 inches of snow, and the roads are STILL not cleared. I just got done shoveling my sidewalk (Why!?). I wuz bored I guess. :P

ravage said:

OMG OMG!! SOMETHING RARE HAPPENED HERE!! School's canseled, with round 6-7 inches of snow, and the roads are STILL not cleared. I just got done shoveling my sidewalk (Why!?). I wuz bored I guess. :P

One more reason to hate snow: It's unequal. Other people must go to school no matter how much snow and the others don't.

Yeah, really true. Last year we didn't get cansels. Maybe they finally got into teh christmas spirit. That, or the Board felt like being lazy today. :P

Well, I turned out to be right about my icy roads prediction in my Weather thread: there's like a half inch thick of ice on the roads out here, yet people are taking off and going to work like there is no ice.
On the downside, I heard on the news that almost three hundred traffic accidents in my area where I live were blamed on the snow yesterday. :(
How can something be so cherished and so despised at the same time?

It's fun being in a city that's not at all prepared for a lot of snow. People amplify the most mundane snowstorm into a citywise disaster.

Hey, back home, a blizzard would actually have to damage a school building in order to close it. The rule at my school was that if the school president could walk the 70 meters between his house and the school, school was open for the day and you will show up. :P

ravage said:

Where are you from, Ravage? I'm in Pittsburgh and we had a two-hour delay at first, then they changed it to a full day off. Which actually kinda sucks cause we have so few days off as it is, and today which is freezing cold and snowy is taking the place of a nice off day some time in April or May when it's warm and nice out.

I've seen snow about twice in my life. So I don't understand too much about living in it. I always thought it would be kinda cool though. No pun intended.
My+$0.02

Archvile46 said:

Where are you from, Ravage? I'm in Pittsburgh and we had a two-hour delay at first, then they changed it to a full day off. Which actually kinda sucks cause we have so few days off as it is, and today which is freezing cold and snowy is taking the place of a nice off day some time in April or May when it's warm and nice out.

Johnstown, we still got round 8-9 inches. We started off with a 2hr delay, then they closed. I had trudged a bit more than 150 yards when someone told me it was canseled. And, we had some snow-days we didn't use last year, so we get off fine. Sucks to be left out in the cold though. :P

Lord FlatHead said:

Nevertheless, watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow !

Hahahahahaha, I heard that song at camp this summer. Great =)

Johnstown, we still got round 8-9 inches. We started off with a 2hr delay, then they closed. I had trudged a bit more than 150 yards when someone told me it was canseled. And, we had some snow-days we didn't use last year, so we get off fine. Sucks to be left out in the cold though. :P

Heh, 8-9 inches? We got maybe 5 or 6 at the most...you're also lucky to have non-used snow days carry over from previous years.