Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bauul

Elementalism, an ambitious new GZDoom mapset. Phase 1 out now!

Yeah and they are- leave them to it and go somewhere else.

*ehem*

This is looking amazing guys, so colourful, detailed- and I'm 100% sure this will be one of the best newer-port wads to come out of this community for a long long time!

42 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

Maybe it's just me, but i love the Doom, not some kind of version that looks like different game.

Yeah because unmodded Doom on GZdoom and Doom in GLBoom looks any different aside from minor fireball change.

GZDoom adds support for new modding features that the original is not capable of. Its not hard to understand.

Please, let's not discuss what ports can do and can't do, including some personal tastes. 
Just don't fall into that area. :)

2 hours ago, Rimantas said:

Maybe it's just me

It's mostly just you.

Anyways, those platforms that move across the red beans look awesome. I think that's the screenshot that's exciting me the most.

13 hours ago, rdwpa said:

We get it already. Now stop hijacking this thread -- not everything revolves around you or your preferences.

How hate on me makes people unite... At least you are popular with your post. :)

Impressive...most impressive.

Can't wait for this to be the major Cacoaward of next (or whatever year) and be the current generation's version of Gothic99 (in the sense that these are both pretty mapsets utilising a lot of primary colours with darker grey form ones, that are also liable to make people's potato PC's explode)

This looks nice! Bring it on!

In the future maybe we could have a megawad built around voxels. I mean all items and all decorations being voxels and the maps texted and built around that. 

1 hour ago, VGA said:

In the future maybe we could have a megawad built around voxels. I mean all items and all decorations being voxels and the maps texted and built around that. 

Oh but this is already a thing! Go check out Solace Dreams. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

Oi.

Been mapping all day solid!  Sorry about the short reply last night, but I was way knackerd when I got off work, and that was all I could think to say.

Yeah, truck driver here.  When I get done with a shift of driving, my brain resembles something that swims along the bottom of the ocean.

Hee!

Anyway!

Had a chance to have a better look at some of the screenshots here.  And I just gotta say... totally mindnubingly, brain-flippingly, eye-poppingly and jaw-droppingly AMAZING!

I think I can see how some of this was done, too.  That is, not actually able to KNOW how it's done yet, but certainly it has given me confidence in my own map-making endeavors.  Like seriously, Christ!  GZDoomBuilder has GOT to be amazing to empower a mapper to make stuff like this!

Anyway, guys.  Awesome stuff here, seriously.  Take it from the critical eye of a fellow skilled map-maker, that mere words don't do the work you've obviously put into this justice!

I'm still really looking forward to this, as well as Refracted Reality and Age of Hell.

But I'm really worried about the performance since this almost looks too good to be true. I can deal with a less than butter smooth experience, but hopefully it won't blow up my PC :v. Here's hoping an i5 and a 950 can take it, if not, well, PC.exe has stopped working.

I just came across this project randomly on ModDB and, after picking my jaw back up off the floor, ended up here in an attempt to find out more about it.

Judging from the screenshots, this might be the single most impressive thing I've seen in 25 years of playing Doom. Some of these environments look absolutely stunning and I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work that one map of this caliber would require, let alone an entire megawad's worth.

15 minutes ago, NightFright said:

For me Elementarism = Eviternity 2. The next high quality release to look forward to.

Don't forget about Refracted Reality and Age of Hell :).

Gorgeous screenshots and a killer lineup of musicians. I cannot wait to play this on my now beefy computer. Oohhhaaaaaaa

This looks to be something that the Cacoawards were written for.

Bravo, Bauul and company.  Je ne sais quoi indeed.  And just jaw-droppingly beautiful, too.

Looks really awesome! I'm loving all of it, but it's particularly great to see that temple theme with Hexen2+all other textures with modern features. Amazing, and really looking forward to it! :)

7 hours ago, Bauul said:

bGnpcYb.png

It looks like you could align the horizontal and vertical textures on that bridge and they'd match.