Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

(Fun idea) Spell out the sounds from Doom

Super Shotgun : BOOM! ... Click - Clack - Clock. (Repeat 4 times to kill an arch-vile)

For me, a mancubus screaming before firing fireballs always sounded like "ANGIMA" (not like angina, but angema).

And with the IOS it always sounds like it ends into something like ZEBU NEBU... Oh well :D

I always thought it sounded like the Mancubus's growl sounded like "MWARR".  Then I realized they say "Noir" which is French for "Black".  So as it turns out Mancubi are racist frenchmen that think doomguy is black.

6 hours ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

I always thought it sounded like the Mancubus's growl sounded like "MWARR".  Then I realized they say "Noir" which is French for "Black".  So as it turns out Mancubi are racist frenchmen that think doomguy is black.

A true piece of Doom canon.

Archvile sight: bbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!
Archvile active: Heh-heheh...
Zombie/Mancubus active: Hrrrrrr
Mancubus sight: RrrrrrrAGH!

Mancubus attack: I always heard OMDIBAAH! but it's interesting to see all the different interpretations.
Spider Mastermind sight: Weeee-WEEEEE-hoo! But I suspect WHERE WERE YOU? can't be unheard.

Minor ammo/powerup: bu-bup

Icon of Sin spawn cube: SSssshhhhEEwhough and I hear that damn sound everywhere in movies and TV. Must be stock.

Edited by LordEntr0py

1 hour ago, LordEntr0py said:

I hear that damn sound everywhere in movies and TV. Must be stock.

Lots of the Doom sounds are stock - most are from a stock sound resource called "The General." It seems to have got less widely used these days, but for a while the rocket "whoosh," the spawn cube "Shiiishhhh," the door noises, and the imp sounds (generally used for camels - I think they're actually camel sounds,) turned up in TV shows and movies all the time.

imps nearby: gklink-gklink-gklink ... gklink-gklink-gklink

Baron dying: EauUUUUUUUUghhhhhhhhhh????

Mancubus firing: Humnivarrrrhh

Demon dying: cghghcghghghnhhhhhhrrtthhhhdddd

Cacodemon dying: eehhh-eehhh-eehhh-eehhh-eehhh-eehhh-eehhh

Hell knight dying: Ahhr-ree-rahrk

Cyberdemon nearby: WHADDTTHHUMPPP WHADDTTHHUMPPP WHADDTTHHUMPPP WHADDTTHHUMPPP WHADDTTHHUMPPP

followed by player exclaiming OHHH SHIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!

Revenant dying: https://www.freesoundeffects.com/free-sounds/bowling-10102/ (bowling 2).

Marine dying by revenant fireball: AAAGGHHHHHHhhhhh!

Rockets firing: wwhhhaaaoooooohhhhhhhhhhhh   wwhhhaaaoooooohhhhhhhhhhhh   wwhhhaaaoooooohhhhhhhhhhh

The Mancubus sight sound always sounded Danish to me: "A mulvarpe!" (A mold). The Danish word for mold, "mulvarpe" is pronounced "Moolvarpe" with the E also being said at the end of the word. 

The zombies dying sounds like them saying "war"

and the pain elemental's pain sound: "Ou!"

for the SS soldiers I always heard "Footskappel" when sighting whatever that means. And "One wehpel" when dying whatever that means

I always heard (or imagined) the imp nearby sound saying "Psarokola", which means in greek something like "glue made out of fish". I even was playing and hearing the sounds back in time and saying "Ahh there are the psarokoliarides, they are coming!" (psarokoliarides also could mean in a different sense "fishbuttocks" or something). Which is very funny and bizarre to me, don't know how this whole thing came because the sound is really nothing like this.

Then Mancubus firing, I heard something arab sounding like "Abdi Majal". I called them "Abdimaxalides" or "Abdimasxalides".

Revenant Alert: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Lost Soul Attack: AAAA!
Mancubus Attack: Come tomorrow
Archvile Active: Hehehe

Spoiler

Pain Elemental hit: Ow!

On 2/21/2019 at 4:47 PM, Zulk RS said:

Revenant Alert: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Lost Soul Attack: AAAA!
Mancubus Attack: Come tomorrow
Archvile Active: Hehehe

Hide contents

Pain Elemental hit: Ow!

The Mancubus one is the closest that I've read!

Imp's Action sound: Gnn-ghh-gnghc!

Demon's Death sound: Grrnhoh-grhauh!

Cacodemon's Alert sound: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (This is a library)

Cacodemon's Death sound: Urghurghurgh... (Sounds like a pidgeon)

Archvile's Action sound: Ughhhwahwahgah

Archvile's Alert sound: Wraaaaghaghaghagha (really fast) (or Gobble gobble gobble gobble, sounds like a turkey)

Archvile's Death sound: Ouhhwarghaghoi

Mancubus' Alert sound: UhrrrRRRWAGH!

Mancubus' Death sound: Ughh -spaghetti splats over the floor-

Mancubus' Pain sound: Ughrwagh...