Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Let's share your favorite custom music for wads!

There's not really anything already here to cover this, and it's something that makes a particular track stuck in your head, be it midi, mod or the many emulated game tracks.  I'll start with this one, it sounds like commodore 64 tetris in its' tone:

It's from this: https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=49299

Edited by invictius

Still can't get this out of my head, man. Perfect track.

Edited by The Mysterious Moustachio : Didn't mean to link the whole damn playlist

Too many to pick a favorite, but i'll share a few ones, i'll leave them in spoiler tags to not clutter things

Heliotrope from BTSX, i just love this track

Spoiler

Atmosphere from Revilution, there's a great remastered version by eris

Spoiler

Monuments of Treason from Struggle, such a great midi, perfect fit for that map

Spoiler

Land of Able from Strain

Spoiler

Overtur(?) from batman doom, one of my favorite custom midis, but sadly the only recording i could find was a bit messed up from the mus2mid conversion

Spoiler

Birdsong from interception

Spoiler

The shotgun sound replacement found in Lost Civilization is so awesomely beautifully terrifically awesome! I've now pulled the weapon sounds from the wad (chaingun/bullet and plasma as well) and placed them into their own little wad so I can enjoy the weapon sounds in all my doom games. Makes me want to upgrade the shotgun every so slightly since the weapon sounds so much more badass now. I think upgrading the shotgun to 8 pellets and to balance it out, downgrading the super shotgun to 16 pellets and a slightly tighter spread. Of course that wouldn't address doom 1 balance. Hmmm..... Honestly, this single sound upgrade makes me able to play doom again.

- The soundtrack used in Eternal Slumber Party , here is an example :

Spoiler

- The music used in Grime

Spoiler

- The ambiant soundtrack made by Metabolist HR2 and the metal midis made by Thyrbse.

Spoiler

- The metal midis made by Eli Litiwin (one of his midis was used in SF2012 map 29) !

Spoiler

The list is not complete...

Didn't like Freedoom too much, but I liked this track. Best for 20+ min in endless loop. Like when I played that map for the first time (Don't remember which map actually)

Back to Saturn X soundtrack is cool as well. Lately I listen to music randomizer packs only though.

@NaturalTvventy

if i had to pick one, i'd pick scythe 2 map28, wanderlust

but im gonna pick more:

Spoiler

• stardate 20x7 intermission music (no link ;~;)
  • alien vendetta map20 misri halek
  • infinite sky by zach sigel

3 hours ago, Roofi said:

- The soundtrack used in Eternal Slumber Party , here is an example :

Reveal hidden contents

I used this one. 

Have some pcorf/Kristian Aro

Spoiler

The only person I’ve ever heard praise the exec.wad soundtrack is myself and that’s a crying shame because it’s awesome through and through. I generally love WADs with their own unique soundtracks.

The music from any of B.P.R.D's serious wads are pretty cool. Really like the title screen for equinox's music.

Just to stay clear, I'm used to listening every midi in OPL3 (or 2 in prb+) soundfont. Here's a list with what comes to my mind right now:

• Plutonia 2 map 14 is among my favourite midis ever. Others that I like a lot are in maps 17, 19, 26, 27, uh basically every track pleases me, one big reason why I love this wad.
  • Speed of Doom map 02 comes from Resident Evil 2, somehow makes the map 10 times more enjoyable to me. Also the track in map 04 by Darkwave0000 is freaking beautiful. 
  • Back to Saturn X both have tons of awesome midis. E1's maps 14, 24 and 25, E2's first map. Obviously E3 is going to have amazing music.
  • The music in Requiem and Memento Mori series is so good and recyclable, as you can notice in multiple other wads (The Darkening, 3hda, Heroes' Tales, etc), like if I play something without custom music I'll for sure pick anything from them. However, Requiem's map 21 has the sweetest one imo. 

To be continued.

I actually liked the music that i heard in Cringe! (aka CRING666.WAD) as it's the same music that was used in Memento Mori. The music is by Mark Klem. I haven't actually played Memento Mori yet (i know, crazy right?). It's definitely on my list though. At the very least i know that i'll enjoy the music :) I'm sure i'll enjoy the WAD too.

1st track "Hidden Anger"