Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASON-Z-

Correct Cyberdemon rocket placement?

Question

The Cyberdemon's rocket seems to come out from in between his legs rather than his launcher.  

I know Doom 64 resolved this "oversight".

Is there any way I can fix it's rocket placement in classic Doom?

Edited by aSeriesOfNumbers

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, aSeriesOfNumbers said:

Yea I need a little more help.

This code will make the Cybedemon shoot its rockets at a height of 52 units and 24 units to the left (his left).  I copied-and-pasted the Missile state of the Cyberdemon's DECORATE code, replaced A_CyberAttack with A_CusomMissile, and adjusted the numbers a few times until it looked right.  I used the older A_CustomMissile instead of the newer A_SpawnProjectile so it will work in Zandronum as well as ZDoom, GZDoom, or QZDoom.

ACTOR EmpyresAmazingCyberdemonReplacement : Cyberdemon replaces Cyberdemon
{
  States
  {
  Missile:
    CYBR E 6 A_FaceTarget
    CYBR F 12 A_CustomMissile("Rocket", 52, -24)
    CYBR E 12 A_FaceTarget
    CYBR E 12 A_FaceTarget
    Goto See
  }
}

Using Slade 3, make a new wad, add a new entry named DECORATE, copy-and-paste this into it, and give the wad a name like BetterCyberdemon.wad.  Feel free to change the name of the actor.  This could be your first step into making monsters of your own.

When I try to load it up, its says 

Script error, ":decorate.txt" line 1:

Unexpected character: (ASCII -17) 

2 hours ago, Empyre said:

This code will make the Cybedemon shoot its rockets at a height of 52 units and 24 units to the left (his left).  I copied-and-pasted the Missile state of the Cyberdemon's DECORATE code, replaced A_CyberAttack with A_CusomMissile, and adjusted the numbers a few times until it looked right.  I used the older A_CustomMissile instead of the newer A_SpawnProjectile so it will work in Zandronum as well as ZDoom, GZDoom, or QZDoom.

ACTOR EmpyresAmazingCyberdemonReplacement : Cyberdemon replaces Cyberdemon
{
  States
  {
  Missile:
    CYBR E 6 A_FaceTarget
    CYBR E 12 A_FaceTarget
    CYBR E 12 A_FaceTarget
    Goto See
  }
}

Using Slade 3, make a new wad, add a new entry named DECORATE, copy-and-paste this into it, and give the wad a name like BetterCyberdemon.wad.  Feel free to change the name of the actor.  This could be your first step into making monsters of your own.

Never mind, I got it working. Thank you so much! I really appreciate the time you took to make this! And yes, I hope I can one day make edits and changes of my own.

1 minute ago, aSeriesOfNumbers said:

Never mind, I got it working. Thank you so much! I really appreciate the time you took to make this! And yes, I hope I can one day make edits and changes of my own.

it is a good sign that you were able to fix the problem yourself.  I means that you are on the right track to becoming a modder.

2 hours ago, Empyre said:

it is a good sign that you were able to fix the problem yourself.  I means that you are on the right track to becoming a modder.

Thanks man!

I hope that will soon be the case.