Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Doom E1M1 Pacifist / UV-Speed in 0:08.97

Congratulations for this LEGENDARY run!

I am 100% certain it is legit (have to say this before anyone even thinks otherwise).

Hard work sure paid off for you!

The almighty godfather of hypergrind ILs continues to break boundaries even well into his retirement :^))))

Glad another modern speedrunning milestone has been achieved! Nice work my man

13 hours ago, kraflab said:

This is the crowning achievement of mankind 👌

Hm...according to Doomwiki, "0:09 is human-optimal for UV speed", which means that... 🤔

6 hours ago, Dol said:

Hm...according to Doomwiki, "0:09 is human-optimal for UV speed", which means that... 🤔

...people didn't know any better at the time the article was written.

You're welcome.

Holy shit...i just tried it randomly like everyone else seemed too and the fasted i did was 12 seconds and even that was hard haha! Major props man!!

I should mention that it took me about 10+ tries to even get that! I still don't know how to strafe 50, only strafe 40 (sort of). I think strafe 40 is by holding W+A or W+D down with a basic WASD setup (basically forward and strafe left/right) and then going sideways? I'll have to look it up i suppose. Anyways extremely nice fluid turns you have there!! It seriously looks like a TAS, it's that good imo.

Edited by CyberDreams : adding more, like always

On 2/23/2019 at 11:32 AM, 4shockblast said:

people will stop tying an "unbeatable" WR :^). 

Why they should stop if here is new unbeatable WR?

Edited by Rimantas

2 hours ago, Rimantas said:

Why they should stop if here is new unbeatable WR?

They could try, but something gives me the idea that there won't be quite as many ties here. :D

Thanks everyone for the comments. In all seriousness, I really hope this can inspire more people to look closer at the records for the IWADs, both the individual level ones and movie runs. They're really not as unbeatable as it might seem at first glance. :)

From the text file: "I was going to make a really angry textfile, and after tens of thousands of futile attempts, it's hard not to be quite frustrated..."

Ah the optimization experience, but the feeling you get when that :08 pops up on the screen could never be repeated.  Congratulations on finally breaking through. :)

16 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

They're really not as unbeatable as it might seem at first glance. :)

Thus, 4shockblast stopped the whole IWAD competition. 

Naaaah, just joking. Good run!