Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there a mod that changes the characters skin to Duke Nukem? Preferable for Brutal Doom or Project Brutality.  I know there's already a voice pack but I can't find a full on Duke Nukem mod. 

There is Samsara, which allows you to play as Duke Nukem. You also have Duke It Out In Doom, which alas is exclusive to 3DGE.

None of them are compatible with Brutal Doom.

I'm confused why nobody has made a Brutal doom compatible mod..  There's already voice packs so all that's needed to be done is replace the character skin.  And maybe increase hand to hand damage considering the guy is massively strong. 

"I'm confused why nobody has made a Brutal doom compatible mod"

There have not been any character mods for brutal doom at all. Also there are very few duke nukem maps out there as well. That being said brutal doom is highly inspired by duke nukem 3d itself. Mark is/was obviously a duke fan. His early mods are recreations of duke maps.  Before he introduced brutal doom. Hell on earth starter pack reminds a lot on duke 3d map design. He even used a lot of duke stuff in it. (trash bins .etc are straight copies from duke 3d)

Someone could argue that brutal doom is the better duke 3d. At least there is no reason to mix that mods. Just go play duke 3d on eduke32 or megaton edition on steam if you feel like it. Just to answer your question to why there are not any mods like that.

9 hours ago, NuclearWinter666 said:

I'm confused why nobody has made a Brutal doom compatible mod..  There's already voice packs so all that's needed to be done is replace the character skin.

Oh, dude, do it yourself. It's easy. You just need to redraw more than 3500 sprites for player, fatality, weapons etc. )

Grabbing the Duke player sprites and importing them into Doom to create a new skin is not difficult, however the duke 3d sprites are taller than Doom sprites so that is a pain in the backside (however zdoom does support sprite scaling).

6 hours ago, eviltechno said:

Someone could argue that brutal doom is the better duke 3d. At least there is no reason to mix that mods. Just go play duke 3d on eduke32 or megaton edition on steam if you feel like it. Just to answer your question to why there are not any mods like that.

I think most people would just say, two completely different games and leave it at that. But fair point with the rest of your comment.