Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Ukranian actor who portrays president on tv is winning actual presidential race

"Volodymyr Zelensky? The actor? Ha! Then who's vice-president, Yakov Smirnoff? I suppose Milla Jovovich is the First Lady?"

It's a terrifying prospect. He's showcased his total ineptitude during the various interviews during the campaign, many of his roles and business ventures are in Russian productions and if anything he says now is to go by, he's eager to be Putin's doormat. The current president is not the best, but he's done a lot during his term given how corrupt the system he's working with is. I find it astounding that people believe that the actor working off a script actually possesses enough political prowess to lead a country when it's in such a difficult place.

Edited by ScreechingBoner

10 hours ago, JudgeDeadd said:

"Volodymyr Zelensky? The actor? Ha! Then who's vice-president, Yakov Smirnoff? I suppose Milla Jovovich is the First Lady?"

nice reference, future boy

The world is getting weirder and weirder.

A little bit similar to my country where a former cricketer is now our Prime Minister.

12 hours ago, ScreechingBoner said:

It's a terrifying prospect. He's showcased his total ineptitude during the various interviews during the campaign

Again, very similar case for my country. Our previous Prime Minister was far from best, but he did a lot of good stuff. The current one only know how to talk (being a loud mouth) and does not really know how to run the country.

12 hours ago, Nevander said:

There's nothing wrong with that, in fact it's better. They have a much better understanding of business compared to a politician only and in the case of the US, it's driven by business.

Yeah, just say some words, that'll do it.

I remember hearing about how Martin Sheen (who played the President on the West Wing) needed a bunch of extra security due to the fact people thought he was the actual President.

The US has or had a senator that was on SNL. People just want to watch the world burn.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:09 PM, Nevander said:

There's nothing wrong with that, in fact it's better. They have a much better understanding of business compared to a politician only and in the case of the US, it's driven by business.

"Politician only" lmao... What rock are you living beneath that you think there's any profession you can call "politician only" without needing to fight the reflex of hiding your head in shame when you utter that nonsense? Every politician worth their salt has at least one degree in something other than being a "professional mouthpiece" for whichever lobby blew the most shugar up their ass, that's why Shapiro, Milo, and candace owens aren't politicians and instead only talk about politics, they can't do it, because they're unqualified.

Never mind that running a business the "trump way", which basically means not paying people you're owing money to while raking in profits, is a vastly different thing from watching over an entire country's economy, or, you know, managing taxes and deciding where to use the tax money in a way that keeps the system in a forward motion to begin with, or dealing properly with other countries which you may want to conduct business with in the future, or developing policies to reduce unemployment... But hey, surely anybody who runs a car-wash successfully is a proper fit for president if your standards are low enough.

Actually, in Britain, our parliament (the mother of them all, apparently) is largely staffed by people who all went to the same schools, then went on to do a politics based degree and then went immediately into party politics and worked their way up internally. Real world experience is often limited and most positions in the cabinet (and shadow cabinet) are held by people who are woefully ill-equipped for the role. This has become increasingly the case and the "Westminster bubble" is very much to blame for unequal investment, terrible policy, self-interest ruling over the natural interest and a level of general corruption and collusion that is both ridiculously high and apparently barely worthy of comment.

So, you know, "politician only" is a perfectly valid criticism.

Okay now that's really bad thing.

I might to understand why businessman run the country, he might to have charisma and command skills (which one not Poroshenko nor his predecessor Yanukovich do not have, let's be honest)... But Zelensky? The man who sold his motherland and ran away to melting pot (in bad mean) of Europe?

Maidan was a mistake. Just like this thread tho.