Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GAA1992

Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) - Blood GZDoom mod

All my mods can be downloaded from their respective ZDoom forums threads, and soon in my personal blog.

Edited by GAA1992 : Update

3 hours ago, Doomenator said:

Нeh, I just yesterday made a small (as usually) video on my channel.

Hide contents

Thanks Doomenator! I might as well glue this in both threads. :)

3 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

download link sends back to this thread!

Thank you! Fixed now.

Thank you!

I feel very happy reading this :)

Self-bug reporting:

- Caleb can take damage and talk other things while getting a secondary pistol for the first time;
- Armors in Hexen doesn't have pickup sounds or brackets;

Nothing worth of a hotfix yet, but just to let it written that i am aware of those ;)

As promised, here's another update!

This update adds some more sprite tweakes, more options of customization (you can turn the ringing noise from explosions off now), fixes small details and reworks completely TNT effects and the Jackhammer altfire, which now works like a Remote bomb, given we had a lack of one.

Download on first post and have fun!

Here's the changelog:

Spoiler

= Fixed messages and sounds on Hexen armors.
= Fixed Akimbo pistol one-liner sound channel.
= Changed Pistol pickup sprite.
= New secret sound (last this time, swear)
= tweaked pistol and rifle ammo sprites
= New casing sprites (from Redneck Rampage, Shadow Warrior and Blood, these ones by ZioMcCall)
= Fixed Barrels and TNT not playing ear ringing noises
= Fixed Hexen items not displaying special effects.
= New main menu fonts (from the original game).
= tweaked menu icon animation
= tweaked cursed heart idle offsets.
+ Added some sprites to the TNT idle.
+ Revamped TNT effects and sprites (now it has a blast wave and some flying smoke and debris)
+ Added a wall debris effect to bullet puffs.
+ Added CVARS for Fake Blood, Pixel Debris, Ear Ringing noises and physical recoil.
+ Added menu support for Bolognese Gore mod.
+ Added more one-liners to TNT throw.
+ Fixed shotgun animation for one shell.
+ Buffed Life Leech altfire damage.
+ Added one-liners for when he pickups a medikit with health lower than 25.
+ Revamped Jackhammer altfire to work like a remote bomb. Still need some fixes, though.

Again, apologies for the big bump, but this thread was outdated;

Ultra-Crispy features much more stuff since the latest time i posted it here. Caleb now can taunt enemies, akimbo keys can be customized, there's new one-liners, new sprites, bugfixes and more. Enjoy!

Letting everyone know that both exists in Map 15 of Eviternity suffer some extreme slowdown using this mod, but only the exits in that map, which Eviternity's author said is unusual as all the "kill player" exits in his mod are identical and no other map suffers from it.

Thank you for letting me know!

However, i also wonder what would slow things down, since Caleb's death would also be the same, hahahah

Also, there might be one or two scripts which execute upon UC death, that may be the issue, however it still don't matches  the other maps.

I have played two different versions of Ultra Crispy; an older build where the Assault Rifle sprites were an AK-47, and a newer build where they were replaced by an AR.
I would like to start off, first and foremost, by saying that this is a VERY solid gameplay mod, which I have enjoyed playing immensely. This is incredibly well-polished, and I can't praise it enough.

However, with a lot of positives, there comes a small handful of complaints.
Firstly, I must say that the grenades that are launched from the assault rifle's underbarrel launcher are considerably underpowered for something that uses full-on rocket ammo. The limited range and small splash damage radius makes them somewhat impractical. So my advice for that, would be to up the splash radius, and increase the potential range of the grenade launcher.

Second, for the size and dramatic flair of their explosions, the barrels do disproportionately low damage. Granted, I haven't exactly looked through the files in the mod itself, so I am assuming that the damage values for the barrels are the same as vanilla, but because they're the same, the greater flash and boom of the new explosion effects makes it look more powerful than they actually are. 

This last one is more of a personal nitpick; I would greatly appreciate the inclusion of the classic pitchfork, in the stead of the mod's machete.

Beyond all this, I thank you for your time, and still heartily congratulate you for the quality of your hard work.

Thank you! It's been a long time since i don't mess with this particular mod, but i will take a dive on it sometime :)

On 12/18/2020 at 6:36 AM, GAA1992 said:

Thank you! It's been a long time since i don't mess with this particular mod, but i will take a dive on it sometime :)

In any case, I wish you the best of luck, going forward.