Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veloth99

Wads for Lone wolf?

hello !, well, I love DOOM but, Halo is my saga of favorite games,
So when I discovered that there was a halo mod I knew I had to download it.

The sprites of weapons and enemies are very good, and the soundtrack is great!
but, playing it with the DOOM maps is not very satisfactory,

so I would like that someone could show a Wad that designs one of the most iconic maps of any of the halo deliveries or at least a wad that is set in this saga

Considering the limitations of the Doom engine, it's going to be fairly tricky to get something that resembles a map with an unfettered 3D engine. That's not to say we can't do it now, but it does have a lot more limitations, and would limit you to one of a few source ports (basically Eternity or anything ZDoom-derived). 

That said, I'm not sure if anyone made a map like that.

Not quite the same thing, but I read rumors that SergeantMarkIV is moving on to making Brutal Halo once the last version of Brutal DOOM comes out.

As for trying to find Halo-esque maps to play a Halo Doom mod in, I can't think of any that specifically are meant to evoke the feelings of playing Halo, but there are a few like Dark Universe, Dark Encounters, Disjunction, Winter's Fury, Valiant (Vaccinated Edition for Mods), and The Darkening 2, most of which have futuristic technology vibes and generally use textures that aren't traditional DOOM ones, so hopefully they'll suspend your disbelief enough.

I'm not actually sure if Winter's Fury will work, since if you're talking about the Halo mod I'm thinking of, it could possibly end up replacing scripted bosses, and even if it doesn't and the levels still work as intended, their sprites are going to look super weird next to the Halo mod's pre-baked ones based on 3D models.

40 minutes ago, AschTheConjurer said:

Not quite the same thing, but I read rumors that SergeantMarkIV is moving on to making Brutal Halo once the last version of Brutal DOOM comes out.

Oh man, I really want Brutal Hexen to get an update :(

3 hours ago, AschTheConjurer said:

Where did u get this. The only thing I know is that he is going to take over Brutal Wolfenstein after completing BDv21.

3 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Where did u get this. The only thing I know is that he is going to take over Brutal Wolfenstein after completing BDv21.

I can't even remember now, hence my saying that I "heard a rumor". Don't take that as any solid anything. But him taking over BrutalWolfenstein is probably a good thing.

7 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Lo único que sé es que se hará cargo de Brutal Wolfenstein después de completar BDv21.

wait, that someone has not already launched that brutal wolfenstein project?

6 minutes ago, Veloth99 said:

wait, that someone has not already launched that brutal wolfenstein project?

Brutal wolfenstein already exists but it is abondoned by the original developer "ZioMcCall".

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-wolfenstein-3d

See the comment section at moddb. You will find SgtMarkIV's comment. He said

Since Zio abandoned it, After I finish Brutal Doom v21, I have plans to take over this project.

On 3/1/2019 at 7:07 AM, ReaperAA said:

Brutal wolfenstein already exists but it is abondoned by the original developer "ZioMcCall".

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-wolfenstein-3d

See the comment section at moddb. You will find SgtMarkIV's comment. He said

No f-ing way, he's taking it over?!

I actually considered trying to make at least a bugfix to the game (BW version 5.1, or something like that) because it seemed nobody else was interested in the mod, and it didn't look like anyone was going to develop it further. But if this is true that SgtMarkIV is working on it, then consider myself to be on cloud 9!