Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DefilerPhil47

My Doom Themed 'Super Shotgun'

I also mistakenly made this topic in DOOM general and honestly thought I was posting to Creative Works, if it needs to be deleted and or moved, I understand.

53 minutes ago, StainlessSteel said:

I also mistakenly made this topic in DOOM general and honestly thought I was posting to Creative Works, if it needs to be deleted and or moved, I understand.

Is there actually a Creative Works forum on this site?

By the way, I don't know anything about weapons, but it looks cool as hell with the Doom rune at the buttstock! Really amazing job!

Edit: I found the Creative Works section, lol. But anyways this post is too awesome! It should have the right to stay on Doom general.

Edited by SirJuicyLemon

5 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

That is kickass, man!

Will you fire both barrels at the same time with it? Is it safe to do so?

It's 'safe' in terms of me taking the brunt of the recoil and the gun being fine, but I actually fear the stock would brake before my shoulder!  It is a 10 gauge, so its pretty damn stout in the recoil department.

Side by side shotguns are my favourite to shoot. Not going to lie Doom was definitely a factor in getting them! The really good ones do tend to be super expensive though, I stuck with the cheaper brands (Boito's coach gun and Baikal's field SxS). I always felt the SSG was somewhere around 14-15 inch barrels, my 20 inch coach gun is too long but the Mississippi El Dorado special was too small. 10 gauge is a pretty big banger, I've only ever seen one of them, that will probably be hell to fire too often, SxS's tend to kick hard as it is. This is some mighty fine craftsmanship though, great work!

18 hours ago, StainlessSteel said:

It's 'safe' in terms of me taking the brunt of the recoil and the gun being fine, but I actually fear the stock would brake before my shoulder!  It is a 10 gauge, so its pretty damn stout in the recoil department.

Damn, now try firing and reloading as fast as doomguy.

This is an awesome piece of craftsmanship worthy of the slayer

Double barrel shotguns are some of the sleekest looking guns ever designed, and this is no exception.

You have won Doomworld for this week.

On 2/27/2019 at 1:10 PM, Chow Yun Thin said:

That is kickass, man!

Will you fire both barrels at the same time with it? Is it safe to do so?

I guess it hurts your hands to fire both barrels at the same time. You have to wear gloves or something.

Make a 2 bore if ya get what i mean @StainlessSteel. Or at least if it wont actually break you collar bone.

image.png.060614a64d7ca5b9f91ad055fd2c9b18.png

For reference, on the left is .700 Nitro Express used for killing elephants. On the right is 2 bore...

So I started working on another Doom Themed 10 gauge shotgun.  Here are some progress pictures.  It will be sporting 19" barrels and have an overall length of 27 inches.

NhU5Hep.jpg

YyPxPsl.jpg

lc32DIQ.jpg

EQR9h2X.jpg

LPvK3JR.jpg

XBGSpGn.jpg

5qFVW24.jpg?1

Gun smithing looks like a fun profession! How did you get in to your trade? Do you run your own shop?

The Doom 2016 Super Shotgun is all set.  Was up very late last night putting it all together and making sure it worked!  Overall length is 27" and barrel length is 19".  I shaped the forend to match the 2016 model as close as possible and added a sling swivel there.  I filled the Mark of the Slayer in with red epoxy and finished over it and it came out great!

5vpbcKj.jpg

BmmWTVj.jpg

2zZOdMH.jpg

Thank you!

On 3/11/2019 at 1:51 AM, H3XM0D said:

Gun smithing looks like a fun profession! How did you get in to your trade? Do you run your own shop?

I got into gunsmithing because I liked guns, college wasn't for me, and I don't like working on other people's cars (only my own).  I work for a small private shop with 3 other full time gunsmiths.

17 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Imagine the fun story to tell when someone notices that and asks what it is. :)

"Hey, whats that?" 

:clears throat:

IN THE FIRST AGE, IN THE FIRST BATTLE, WHEN THE SHADOWS FIRST LENGTHENED....

o3wnpSC.jpg

Edited by StainlessSteel

Here is me shooting the '2016 Super Shotgun'.  10 gauge 00 buck 3-1/2" magnums.  I had to break it open over my knee because the cocking levers need to be adjusted.  Regardless, the thing is so much fun to shoot it's hard not to giggle like I did.