Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nue

Funny moments in Doom?

Ive been wondering if there have been funny moments in doom for you guys. For me I dont recall any! So I'm just wondering if theres been any for any of you. This includes anything in doom, vanilla, mods, map making, or whatever else you can think of. Post it here!

Anything with demons infighting, particularly when they manage to defeat a stronger opponent. Once saw a demon finish off a low-hp arachnotron.

There used to be this DOOMers website, thelastdoomer (doomforever.org, or doomforever.com). I remember his commentary and mailbag were pretty funny, but his domain went up for sale.

Before dethz0r was a super mod, people used to call him a bitch all the time.

Before odamex stopped having the Saturday Nitro, they used to have a lot of 32in24 wads. I thought the hamburger theme in 32in24 was pretty funny, and I kind of adopted it in my blog.

Just to name a few things.

There was a guy who played Zombie Horde with Skulltag and Doomseeker and he was a total dickhead.

So in Zombie Horde the point of the game is that zombies must infect humans (by attacking with melee claws weapons) while humans have shotguns, chainguns, grenades and sniper rifles that damage and slow them down. In case that you need more speed, you could have a last resort option where you could press a key to drop all your weapons, just have a pistol but be really really fast.

So I recall many many moments when this guy was a zombie and I focused him, throw him grenades (that explode on a fire that hugely slows them down), sent him many meters away with the shotgun whenever he tried to reach a high place, chaingun'd him to make him fall from somewhere or avoid him getting to infect humans or just sniped him to death.

And when the time for him comes to chase me I would dodge him, juke him, bamboozle him... If he went too near, just before the last second he could get me I used the shotgun to blast him away from me and kept running. Even so, there were moments that I had to use the last resort option and run like sonic to avoid getting infected.

And usually when he at last corners me in a complicated or small part of the map, right when he was about to reach me, attack me and infect me... I pressed a button and quit playing by changing to the spectators. And he would totally get pissed! After so much time chasing me, when he was about to finally infect me, I troll him back!

He usually cursed and spammed shit towards me so that was my way of laughing at his face. I really laughed with that.

After some years they added some protective ways to make sure people don't ragequit and so this way to annoy people was patched. If you changed to spectators or leave the game you automatically received a ban.

I normally don't annoy people. At least not people who don't deserve it. But this guy was a douchebag so that's why it's fun to troll a douchebag.

Once I was watching a demo of somehow playing a level I had made. They were running along a wall and were on a damaging floor. Upon death, Doomguy's corpse proceeded to collapse and then slowly slide along the length of the wall until it came to a stop at the far wall I was running toward.

I just remembered how dying Lost Soul was crushed by door, then there was red splat, just like from any other crushed monster. It was funny and unbelievable.

In Zdoom you freeze the game. Surround a barrel by summoning some zombeimen and then blow it up. Then unfreeze the game = Fireworks!

I like when an enemy on a platform is killed and their dead body falls off. 

I like it when 2 high tier monsters fight each other for a while and I stand there rooting for one of them. And when their fight is over I just simply pop the winner (who is now low health)

On 3/1/2019 at 7:00 AM, ChicagoTrash said:

Once, I saw a bunch of Nazis try to take down a cyberdemon. It ended like WW2.

Some soviets swooped in?!

In Brutal DOOM.

The first time I seen a Revenant slapping an Imp back and forth off the ground like a fly swatter and then proceeded to throw it at me. I was frikkin' weak.

I recently played one of the Plutonia maps with the brutal doom mod. I'm not that familiar with the Plutonia episode, I have to search keys or switches in most of the maps. I don't know their locations by hard. It was a bad idea to run it with brutal doom though. I enabled so much blood and details that some of the walls were completely covered in blood like in a slaughterhouse. I couldn't find an important switch for my level progress because its texture was also entirely covered in blood. Can you believe that? I ran 20 minutes around in circles without knowing what to do or where to go. I had to look up a walkthrough to find the exit.

I haven't seen that damn switch, unbelievable.

I guess I'll play it ....vanilla- like first. XD

1 minute ago, 4everDoomed said:

I couldn't find an important switch for my level progress because its texture was also entirely covered in blood.

This must be the most realistic doom experience I've ever heard of. Should have been in the comic...

(forgot the name, it was awhile ago) And as soon as I loaded in, I witnessed a Imp and a Wolfenstein SS performing anal intercourse. And rockets were replaced with Dildos. The sun in the sky had Sunglasses on. Everything was super-colorful. And when the Cyberdemon was defeated, it let out a hentai climax noise. -- this wad came out way before the rather taboo "H-doom" came out too, mind you.

Laughed my ass off.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:14 PM, Rimantas said:

Arch-vile kills monster in infighting, then resurrects him and repeat.

I remember seeing something like that once. A mancbus behind an arch-vile hit the arch-vile, so the arch-vile turned around, killed the mancubus, then resurrected it. Once the mancubus was resurrected, the arch-vile turned back around to shoot at me, only to be hit in the back again by the mancubus.

Shotgunner saved my life. I had no place to hide from AV, once he was about to "explode" me, it was interrupted by shotgunner, which wanted to shoot me through AV. AV switched between me and shotgunner multiple times until he died from our shots.

Some of my favorite moments in Doom have been had through Thursday Night Survival's highlights:

The part at 22:36 is one of my favorites. And of course we can't forget our nearly impossible task of completing MAP14 of Plutonia on Nightmare! at the 28:22 mark.

I should include the second part which shows a blunder from me and Ancalagon at the 6:14 and 26:46 marks (not to mention the other highlights).

Edited by valkiriforce