Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drillerkiller

punching out a minotaur

So I'm on Tricks and Traps on Doom 2 and it's just me and one of those minotaurs in a room. I have all the weapons. Which should I use? The super shotgun? No. The BFG? Maybe. Wait a minute...there's an invincibility ball over there. So I get the invincibility and switch to my bare fist. And then... I beat that minotaur down. The end.

O_o you managed to do it ! WOW ! You're like a hero ! No-one in this community has been able to pass the minotaurs . Someone should give you a medal because you really deserve it.

Darkstalker said:

O_o you managed to do it ! WOW ! You're like a hero ! No-one in this community has been able to pass the minotaurs . Someone should give you a medal because you really deserve it.

Shut up.

If by "minotaur" you mean Cyberdemon, ok nice job. I assume you let the barons of hell have a go at it first, otherwise the invicibility would have run out long before you could have punched the thing to death.

If you ask me id software shouldn`t have implemented the invincibility spheres; you don`t need them and they make it way too easy for the player. Try and finish that map without the spheres and I`ll be impressed a lot more...

[BTW]Did you know you can record demos with Doom, so you can show your heroic adventures to the rest of the world.
get demos here[/BTW]

Darkstalker said:

He says 'one of those minotaurs', it's the big one silly and even I've got past him, heh.:)

Heretic's good for beating minotaurs with a stick. Hexen's also good for punching them if you can get a friend to summon one.

I didn't know there were "minotaurs" in Doom!

But if by Minotaur, you meant Baron, that's nothing special.

And even if you meant Cyberdemon, I've seen someone beat E2M8 tyson mode, so it's still nothing special since you used an invuln sphere. =)

When I first read the title, I thought this was going to be about Heretic (the minotaurs there are actually called Maulotaurs). I've never heard a Cyberdemon be called a minotaur before, and certainly not a Baron of Hell be called one.

Coopersville said:

I don't have the patience to kill a Cyberdemon with a fist.

Nor the skill.;)

Ichor said:

It's only fun until someone gets a rocket in their eye...

...or some plasma down their throat.

Well, if he let the Barons attack the CyberDemon first, then killed it with the fist, meh. I've done it, nothing big, after all the barons take a few shots at him for a while, he gets quite weak and easy to slay, even with the fist.

Nanami said:

And even if you meant Cyberdemon, I've seen someone beat E2M8 tyson mode, so it's still nothing special since you used an invuln sphere. =)

I think that was Xit-Vono (spelling's right i think)