Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grandgreed

Hexen Neural Texture Pack

On 2/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, Malice said:

Matter of opinion my friend. It's a request and not a demand...

If it's a request and not a demand, then don't insinuate that you look forward to the update where he fixes them because, more than likely, it won't be fixed. Since this particular project only deals with official assets, it's not going to include unofficial user fixes like that mod.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, Malice said:

By the way, all MODS are not  an "official part of the game" so that's an irrelevant comment.

It's not irrelevant. This is the reason why it probably won't be done unless you do it. This project isn't meant for mods. It's meant for upscaling the original assets from the original game. Deathkings is an official expansion so those additional assets may be completed but user made mods don't belong in this project.

Edited by dpkonofa

2 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

If it's a request and not a demand, then don't insinuate that you look forward to the update where he fixes them because, more than likely, it won't be fixed. Since this particular project only deals with official assets, it's not going to include unofficial user fixes like that mod.

It's not irrelevant. This is the reason why it probably won't be done unless you do it. This project isn't meant for mods. It's meant for upscaling the original assets from the original game. Deathkings is an official expansion so those additional assets may be completed but user made mods don't belong in this project.

Again, it's a matter of opinion and last time I checked yours wasn't worth much nor are you calling the shots. A simple request isn't doing any harm.

And let's be honest, unless you are playing vanilla Hexen on a 486 IBM with the original floppy disc, using a source port is already so far from the original experience that any argument you have in regards to "official" usage is flawed. Luckily guys like John Romero arn't nearly as uptight as you are and the old id catalogue community still has life because of it.

Hello there, do you know what is the period where the project could have a v1? Far or soon? Just curious, i would want play again hexen.wad but i need some mods like this one! 

23 hours ago, Malice said:

any argument you have in regards to "official" usage is flawed

Use of a source port has no bearing on what this project is. It's a neural upscale of the graphics and textures that came with the original Hexen. Nothing more, nothing less. Anything outside of that scope is not included.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:28 PM, Louco Diamante said:

I would be very happy just with the status bar neuralized and the Deathkings startscreen. The widescreen stuff would be cool, but I agree its not official 

Any possible date for this two parts?

Awesome, close again to a v1 =)
Can't wait to play again Hexeeeeeen with it!
Good luck, it will be like our remastered mod B)

Main post updated.
The new version is fully suited for a comfortable game. I suppose those little things that are said in the changelog will not affect the comfort of the game.

Regards.

7 hours ago, Manhs said:

Next will be the final version (or v1) i suppose? Nice :)

Probably so. Some pickup items can't be processed due tiny source. It is not critical and will not spoil the perception, because more than 99% of objects are processed and this is enough for a full game.

Great job on fixing the issues brought forward previously. Love that the expansion now has high resolution textures as well.

Is anyone else not having the textures from the newest release on standard Hexen apply in GZ though?

Previous PK3:

Previous.png

Newest PK3:

Newest.png

Also why is the HUD different between standard Hexen and the expansion when using the widescreen patch with it? Obviously I'm very appreciative that you extended it but at the same time now the uniformity is off between the two games:

Expansion.png

12 hours ago, Malice said:

using the widescreen patch with it

As stated before, he did not do anything with the widescreen patch. You're seeing a stretched version of the sprites with a normal version on top of it.

12 hours ago, Malice said:

Is anyone else not having the textures

Nope. Working in GZ with both the original and the expansion.

Hi grandgreed

Big thanks for this pack. Will you post in this thread, when heretic thread will be created?

Here are some suggestions to current and future packs:

There is no need to create separate packs for original hexen and deathkings. Take hidfan's doom pack as an example:

it has 3 folders

DOOM - for global files
DOOM.DOOM1 - for doom1/ultimate files
DOOM.DOOM2 - for doom 2 hell on earth files

You can do the same 3 folders for heretic and hexen (both for doomsday and gzdoom), and it will be something like this:

HEXEN - all files except title

HEXEN.HEXEN - title for original

HEXEN.DEATHKINGS - title for deathkings

For doomsday:

Put original titlepic to Patches folder, and Deathkings titlepic to Patches\Hexen-dk folder

Not sure if i understand, do the mod work with hexen vanilla expansion type?
Can't wait for the v1, need more love for Hexen. :D
Do we have a date when the v1 could be released? Are we still a bit far from it? (sorry, enthousiasm stuff :p
It could be nice to have the same for Heretic but yeah, since Hexen has an awesome atmosphere, it's better on it! (at least at first i suppose)
Hexen with it should be gold, still didnt try it :3

Also, please fix heresiarch clipping bug:

1) Start any map in gzdoom

2) Type "summon heresiarch" in console

3) Type "kill monsters" in console

Actual result: heresiarch's corpse falls to ground:

https://i.ibb.co/7YMRQmB/Screenshot-Hexen-20190301-181901.png

https://i.ibb.co/h2fFVn7/Screenshot-Hexen-20190301-181929.png

Expected result: heresiarch's corpse should be fully visible, as in vanilla

15 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

As stated before, he did not do anything with the widescreen patch. You're seeing a stretched version of the sprites with a normal version on top of it.

Nope. Working in GZ with both the original and the expansion.

I think you should take a minute to actually look at the screenshots I posted before commenting.

Both standard Hexen and the Expansion are running the widescreen patch and the huds look completely different between the two.

In the third image, the spites are also not stretched. There is literally a new section added to both sides of the hud. If it was stretched it would look the same only elongated. That isn't the case. Everything else looks as it should and once the expansion is loaded without the Texture Pack PK3 the hud goes back to looking the same as the images posted for standard Hexen.

I think you are confusing a 16:9 aspect ratio for "stetched spites".

11 hours ago, Malice said:

I think you should take a minute to actually look at the screenshots I posted before commenting.

And I think you should look at your own screenshots *and* learn how the widescreen fix works before you comment. You’ve been very aggressive with your responses when, frankly, you are making demands that you don’t even understand yourself. Grand has not done anything with this pack to support the widescreen fix. The reason you’re experiencing issues is because there is a conflict between the replaced graphic and the original since they have the same name. In your original screenshot, he hadn’t yet included a neuralised graphic for the hud, so it defaults to the standard hud first and then the graphic from the widescreen fix second. This is why your fix was working previously. As soon as he included a new version of that graphic, it replaces the graphic, in order, from the original game and then the widescreen fix and overwrites with the neuralised graphic. That’s why you’re seeing a standard graphic in front of a stretched out version *of the same graphic*. It’s not simply a different aspect ratio, it’s a literal stretched version of the standard graphic.

10 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

And I think you should look at your own screenshots *and* learn how the widescreen fix works before you comment. You’ve been very aggressive with your responses when, frankly, you are making demands that you don’t even understand yourself. Grand has not done anything with this pack to support the widescreen fix. The reason you’re experiencing issues is because there is a conflict between the replaced graphic and the original since they have the same name. In your original screenshot, he hadn’t yet included a neuralised graphic for the hud, so it defaults to the standard hud first and then the graphic from the widescreen fix second. This is why your fix was working previously. As soon as he included a new version of that graphic, it replaces the graphic, in order, from the original game and then the widescreen fix and overwrites with the neuralised graphic. That’s why you’re seeing a standard graphic in front of a stretched out version *of the same graphic*. It’s not simply a different aspect ratio, it’s a literal stretched version of the standard graphic.

Maybe clarify exactly what you are talking about next time then? When you say "stretched" without specifically indicating an asset then one is left to believe you are talking about the entire screen. You might also want to rethink how you go about your comments. You came out making ignorant statements about "entitlement" then whine when you receive an "aggressive" response in return. At the end of the day you have absolutely no hand in this project any more so then anyone else watching from the sidelines. If the guy behind it doesn't have an issue then you shouldn't either. I sincerely question if you have ever participated in a community mod before when you criticize other users for adding feedback or requests.

hi all,

i am using the last version of GZdoom and I try to use this amazing texture pack but when I drag and drop pk3 on gzdoom the game start without any hd texture; what's wrong? Sorry if this question is so stupid for you but i am very noob.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:20 PM, theleo_ua said:

1) Start any map in gzdoom

2) Type "summon heresiarch" in console

3) Type "kill monsters" in console

Actual result: heresiarch's corpse falls to ground:

https://i.ibb.co/7YMRQmB/Screenshot-Hexen-20190301-181901.png

https://i.ibb.co/h2fFVn7/Screenshot-Hexen-20190301-181929.png

Expected result: heresiarch's corpse should be fully visible, as in vanilla

Hi man,

I was watching your screen and plese tell me what pk3 or mod have you used to have this amazing model of knight's first weapon.

Many big thanks to everyone who paid their attention.

Now step by step.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:20 PM, theleo_ua said:

There is no need to create separate packs for original hexen and deathkings.

There are the same textures (execpt main title) in both packs. If there was a way to use hardlink for resources from the main part of the game, then would not have to divide the package into two variants. Otherwise, the size of the package will grow in two and will take about 480 Mb (double size due to duplicates).

On 3/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, theleo_ua said:

And one more thing - your screenshots. You are using other mod.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, Manhs said:

Can't wait for the v1

Thank you for your great interest. Please have a little patience. Very soon, I will collect all the remaining small objects and process them.

dpkonofa, Malice, please do not argue and do not quarrel with each other. There are no problems at all. All things are ok. The widescreen patch must be processed separately, and there are only two ways to do. First. All HUD objects (bar, items, weapons) must be removed from main package, necessary parts of HUD must be drawn manually (who will do this is unknown) and embedded in the patch separately. Second. Everything stands in place. Developers of GZ will look aside Dengine, see how the problem of wide screens is solved in their engine, take their experience and add it to their engine.

There should be a way to merge the packs for Hexen and Deathkings, btw:
- Rename filter lump for Hexen pack from "hexeh.hexen" ("hexeh" part was wrong, btw) just to "hexen"

- Delete all duplicate entries in "hexen.deathkings" folder (so that only DK content remains)

- Place both "hexen" and "hexen.deathkings" folders in the "filter" dir

Edited by NightFright

4 hours ago, NightFright said:

There should be a way to merge the packs for Hexen and Deathkings, btw:
- Rename filter lump for Hexen pack from "hexeh.hexen" ("hexeh" part was wrong, btw) just to "hexen"

- Delete all duplicate entries in "hexen.deathkings" folder (so that only DK content remains)

- Place both "hexen" and "hexen.deathkings" folders in the "filter" dir

Tried it but not working.

That's strange. Deathkings isn't a standalone game since it requires Hexen. The same should be apply to highres packs. Maybe there's a limitation with lump filtering I am not aware of. I have already found that sometimes it requires a dummy file in the root dir (which may have any name and can be completely empty) for lump filtering to work correctly.

Gotta ask in the ZDoom forums why this could be happening. I am surprised the Hexen pack worked with the incorrectly named "hexeh.hexen" folder, though.

8 hours ago, NightFright said:

I am surprised the Hexen pack worked with the incorrectly named "hexeh.hexen" folder, though.

It's not.

The newest PK3 for standard Hexen does not load with the GZ port.

I'm still using the previous version until this is resolved.

Not sure if i understand but the mod won't be compatible with the official expansion of the game? but will it be comptible with vanilla fan expansions?
Edit: ok didnt read well :x

Edited by Manhs

On 3/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, grandgreed said:

dpkonofa, Malice, please do not argue and do not quarrel with each other.

My apologies. I just felt like he was being demanding and was asking for things outside the scope of what you had already stated was the intent of this project. If I'm off-base on that, I apologize.