Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoDOOManiac

STROOM 2 - a small add-on bringing the fury of STRAIN to classic Doom arsenal!

Hello fellow Doomers, modestly presenting STROOM - fury of Strain in Vanilla Doom.

Now you can double-punch or pistol-tickle monsters and DM rivals to death with much higher probability, and pump your shotgun with violent speed that also makes the animation look smooth ;)

Sprites of fists are taken from Strain mod and slightly corrected.

STROOM 2 features an improved pistol animation and compatibility with Doom Zero!

STROOM2.zip

Video:

Edited by Zodomaniac : Updated download

Very cool! As someone who preferred STRAIN's guns more than its bestiary this is a very neat! Wish the sawn-off sprite and 90s status bar made an appearance although it prob would've made making the smoother animations more difficult. Great stuff!

On 3/3/2019 at 9:54 AM, chowbar said:

Wish the sawn-off sprite and 90s status bar made an appearance although it prob would've made making the smoother animations more difficult

I'm not a fan of the sawn-off sprite and sound, I changed the Vanilla SG's gameplay characteristics but not appearance.

The only weapons I changed were fists, pistol and SG, the other Vanilla guns are intact.

The status bar is the matter of sourceport, I just use the status bar number colorization option of Crispy Doom.

Updated the file to have no collisions in DeHackEd with Infested Outpost level

Edited by Zodomaniac : Corrected the point on status bar

50 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Oh, does this mod feature that overpowered plasma rifle?

No, the only weapons I changed were fists, pistol and shotgun, the other Vanilla guns are intact.