Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YMB9Shinzou

Need Help Editing BD Revolver.

Question

MArk has just released RC8 which includes a revolver but I want to edit it's damage, range and other values to make it more like a traditional revolver..is there anyone with good knowledge of the scrip that can help me with this? I have managed to make a few alterations but there's just so much that I don't understand that I'm sure someone with real knowledge of the script would find a very simple task.

7 answers to this question

Find the A_FireBullets lines under the Fire, Fire2, etc. states: the fourth number should be the damage inflicted.

I don't know what do you mean with changing the range. Do you want to make the bullet lose height mid flight? Or just give the bullet a damage fall off based on distance? In both cases it's pretty complicated and I have no clue on how to do it, lol. Alternatively, as a cheap solution, you can use the float range paramenter (this too in A_Firebullets). This will set thje maximum range the bullet will actually hit. You can set this after the bullet's flags and pufftype.

Refer to this wiki for further informations:
https://zdoom.org/wiki/A_FireBullets

5 hours ago, Grey_Wolf said:

Find the A_FireBullets lines under the Fire, Fire2, etc. states: the fourth number should be the damage inflicted.

I don't know what do you mean with changing the range. Do you want to make the bullet lose height mid flight? Or just give the bullet a damage fall off based on distance? In both cases it's pretty complicated and I have no clue on how to do it, lol. Alternatively, as a cheap solution, you can use the float range paramenter (this too in A_Firebullets). This will set thje maximum range the bullet will actually hit. You can set this after the bullet's flags and pufftype.

Refer to this wiki for further informations:
https://zdoom.org/wiki/A_FireBullets

Yeah I have figured out how to do the range thing I can set the damage but there are just several things I don't undertsand that I need help with. For example I have set the number of projectiles to 1 and the damage to 18 but for some reason it takes two shots to the head to kill but only one to the body; like the just instantly explode almost regardless of the damage.

I also don't really know anything about the script so what would help is to have someone to ask "can I make it do X?2 and what I would change to make it do that.

1 hour ago, YMB9Shinzou said:

Yeah I have figured out how to do the range thing I can set the damage but there are just several things I don't undertsand that I need help with. For example I have set the number of projectiles to 1 and the damage to 18 but for some reason it takes two shots to the head to kill but only one to the body; like the just instantly explode almost regardless of the damage.

I also don't really know anything about the script so what would help is to have someone to ask "can I make it do X?2 and what I would change to make it do that.

When you set the damage to 18, the actual damage done is 18 * 1d3 (the roll of one 3-sided die, so a random number from 1 to 3), so it is either 18, 36, or 54.  One of the flags can make the damage not random, if you prefer that.  What probably happened is you had a bad roll when you shot the head, and a good roll when you shot the body, making it appear to you that the body shot is more effective, when it was actually just random chance.

What did you mean by "X?2"?   Did you mean "X/2"?  If you want to use a formula for the damage, put the formula as the damage parameter (I would put it in parentheses to be safe, but it is probably not necessary), and then use the no random flag.  About that X, you can declare user variables and constants, but their usage is rather complicated.

4 hours ago, Empyre said:

When you set the damage to 18, the actual damage done is 18 * 1d3 (the roll of one 3-sided die, so a random number from 1 to 3), so it is either 18, 36, or 54.  One of the flags can make the damage not random, if you prefer that.  What probably happened is you had a bad roll when you shot the head, and a good roll when you shot the body, making it appear to you that the body shot is more effective, when it was actually just random chance.

What did you mean by "X?2"?   Did you mean "X/2"?  If you want to use a formula for the damage, put the formula as the damage parameter (I would put it in parentheses to be safe, but it is probably not necessary), and then use the no random flag.  About that X, you can declare user variables and constants, but their usage is rather complicated.

Sorry what I meant was "can I make weapon do X?" meaning to ask them about something specific. I know zero about code but I am pretty sure it says 'norandom' in there already. I think there is something special about the gun that just makes enemies explode when they get hit in the body by it but I have no idea what that could be.If you are someone who knows about this stuff maybe you could take a look at the weapon itself?

f you edit your BD, then your copy will be different from everybody else's, so you can only ever play it in single-player.

I took a look, but I didn't see anything that would do more damage on a body shot.  I also didn't see NoRandom.

The default in BD is 7 damage, so 18 is a lot more.  It gets multiplied by 1, 2, or 3 randomly.  if it is multiplied by 2, it will be enough to kill any zombie, with the possible exception of the chaingunner, who has a little bit more health.  If it is multiplied by 3 it is enough to "explode" a zombie.

5 hours ago, Empyre said:

f you edit your BD, then your copy will be different from everybody else's, so you can only ever play it in single-player.

I took a look, but I didn't see anything that would do more damage on a body shot.  I also didn't see NoRandom.

The default in BD is 7 damage, so 18 is a lot more.  It gets multiplied by 1, 2, or 3 randomly.  if it is multiplied by 2, it will be enough to kill any zombie, with the possible exception of the chaingunner, who has a little bit more health.  If it is multiplied by 3 it is enough to "explode" a zombie.

There is something going on for sure because I turned the damage and number of pellets down to 1 and still the revolver will explode an imp anywhere inside 20 feet away. Also is (FBF NoRandom) at the end of each line of A_Firebullets not what turns off he random damage multiplier?

Edited by YMB9Shinzou

Okay I have solved most of it by just taking the code from the SSG AltFire and making that the primary value of the revolver. I've tuned the damage and stuff to just how I want it but can anyone tell me how you make a weapon knock down an imp when it doesn't kill? I have seen this where you can sit down an enemy much like the kick does without killing them. As Id like my revolver to take 2 shots to the body to kill.. I'd like it if I could add that it knocks down an Imp when it connects as a body shot.. allowing for a ground execution.