Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
didierbertrand

Failed demo attempts

This is what happens when you try to tyson a map and you don't practice the final room.

sunlust03tysonfail.zip

It was a bad run overall that somehow made it further than I had gotten before.

The most noteworthy thing is probably around 14:30 where I avoid the blue key lock in, someone might have done the trick before but I'm not sure.

This was the farthest I got last year in attempting a UV Max D2ALL for Survive in Hell.

Maybe I'll go back to finish it one day, but who knows.

Dies on Map 24 at 1:42:34 by a cyber who was targeting another enemy.

I can imagine a 2:20-2:30 time would be sufficient for a completed D2ALL.

sihd2allfail.zip

Yay, I have something for this thread. On Roketeer:

rokeofa1.zip

Nomo Speed attempt. I get both rocket jumps much more smoothly than in other attempts, couldn't be more on target for the exit... and linedef skip it front and back. Funny, but a little disheartening.

Was doing pacifist e1m9, trying to get at least 29s :/

p1m9-029-fail.zip

Spoiler

Luckily I got my 29 some attempts later

Edited by Dwaze

Managed to get a 38 on e1m3 during one of my doom ep1 (uv-speed) attempts. Also got a good elevator in e1m5 but I had to shoot a rocket in my face at the very end, like wtf. Bad e1m4 though.

ep1-fail.zip

Zone 400 Map 32 Tyson

Managed to get to the end against the cyberdemon, ran out of ammo.

Attempted to punch said Cyberdemon, died. Checked Hp bar after, dude was one shot :(

z432t-failed.zip

Wasn't sure if to post here or to the weird demos thread since that seems to be for demos for lesser known quirks and at this point I'm pretty sure people know what this is. Was going for uvmax runs on Scythe's map 26, fear. Couple hundred attempts in and got the allghosts glitch a few seconds into the map. Kinda surprised it took me this long for this map. Tried to exit with the glitch but remembered that that doesn't work.

file: sc26baileyallghosts.zip

this first exit pacifist run i did for akashic migraine

mgrn01p227.zip

i came up with the route but it seems the map should use -cl21 instead of -cl9

thankfully i did another run in -cl21 that's faster with a faster route.

still wanted to have this one somewhere tho.

A failed attempt of rq14 UV max. At first I thought it had to be a facerocket, even though I was not facing a wall. Then I realize it's actually an archvile blast, even though there is no clear line of sight. Can anyone figure out what is going on here?

what.zip

2 hours ago, xit-vono said:

A failed attempt of rq14 UV max. At first I thought it had to be a facerocket, even though I was not facing a wall. Then I realize it's actually an archvile blast, even though there is no clear line of sight. Can anyone figure out what is going on here?

what.zip

Looks like you entered the arch-vile's line of sight ever so slightly at the moment of the blast (you can just about see the yellow flame behind the imp in front):

GwWi6HE.png

7 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Never playing that map again.

Holy shit, after witnessing that kind of heartbreak I almost regret making the map...almost. Really an amazing demo anyway, gg.

7 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

D5DA2 Map39: "I Love Shorttics" by @BoxY

D5DA239-2hrs_failure.zip

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Never playing that map again.

I did the deed. Doom runners are free from having to complete it.
Consider yourself avenged :-)

Edited by Gosu_Noob

MM2 MAP18 UV Speed. The objective is to skip one of 4 linedefs before the exit that close the bars for 30 seconds. Here I managed to skip this linedef but also the exit linedef, so I flew over the exit teleport pad, and the bars close anyway

m218lol.zip

"pressing the wrong key at the wrong time is typically what causes someone to lose a run..." yeah unless the program crashes (like in this case) or, suppose, the electricity goes off and your laptop doesn't have battery... 

heh, looks like you linedef skipped using only MF50, max movement distance is 50/3 = 16.666.., less depending on the angle, that's a bit unlikely to happen at such a speed by random chance (1 in 30 or so).. you could either slow down going through the last door or turn around to see if the door closed behind you, because you then used a one time use switch before activating the linedef that closes the door.

2 hours ago, ZeroMaster010 said:

heh, looks like you linedef skipped using only MF50, max movement distance is 50/3 = 16.666.., less depending on the angle, that's a bit unlikely to happen at such a speed by random chance (1 in 30 or so).. you could either slow down going through the last door or turn around to see if the door closed behind you, because you then used a one time use switch before activating the linedef that closes the door.

that explains a lot, thanks for the clarifications! I will be more careful in the future :)