Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

Grazza is the most interesting man in the (Doom)world. He probably drinks Dos Equis. 

Me? I pretty much never skip Master Class ads and watch them all to their completion. 

my notebooks with my stories are very graphic

in fact, if they were published, it will be censored a lot and it will surely be +18

This is because I love realism in a book and the history is war and i speak explicitly about the wounds made by the demons of Kaiser

I'm squeamish about certain things too. I had blood taken for testing about ten years ago, I didn't think anything of it going in. I'm not afraid of needles, but when the second vial was attached, the blood sprayed into the vial in time with the beating of my heart. I just remember thinking "I shouldn't have looked at it" and I felt myself going pale. I had an extreme anxiety attack that ended with me passed out on the floor. Really strange experience.

The first time I killed chickens I had a bit of tunnel vision and had to sit down for a few minutes. It doesn't bother me as much anymore because I've done it enough times, and once it's done the hardest part is over with. I don't enjoy killing animals, of course, but it's for food. 

I too am squeamish - Seeing or hearing people break a bone, or seeing large open slice wounds, that kind of stuff really makes me feel uneasy. bleugh.

Yeah, I'm squeamish to a certain extent too.

I can handle (or even like) gore in movies and games, but seeing people opened up during surgical procedures? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Recently I've been playing with Barbie dolls. They're pretty fun, but I'd like them more if they had properly rotating/bendable joints. Now it's un/dressing and playing mommy with them. Watching that small children don't put them or their accessories into their mouths. When I was a child, I used to play with Technic Lego dolls and make them do different kinds of poses. The Technic Legos otherwise were too complicated to make anything with them without instructions.

One time when I had blood taken for testing, hardly any blood came out. Then she asks if I'm nervous. Replied: "Nope, I had just ran here because otherwise I would have been late".

Then some other time there was some guy in the train missing most of his face. Just a big rotting looking hole where the face was supposed to be. He was missing one eye, nose and upper lip. Some young guy nearby was visibly shaken from seeing the semi-faceless man. I was: don't look away and don't stare, just be like there was nothing unusual happening.

the last one is weird as hell. I have another fun fact about myself. Yesterday me and my friend Ian fought with a spear made out of a wooden pole and a tent stake and a duct tape broadsword. But it was on a frozen lake. I believe I won, but to be honest i dont know because he managed to crack the ice from under me. This was on a boy scout campout too. 

Fun fact: I have been called out for criticizing a wad someone else enjoyed once. Why was that... ah, for having "shit taste".

People who can't deal with opinions are hilarious and a joke, but what do I know, amirite?

Heh, same thing happened with me last year when I criticized the repetitive nature of Doom 2016's level design.

I'm in the middle of uploading a phony "apology" video after I was banned repeatedly on Facebook for using the term "white trash" (I'm part white and have done plenty of white trash things myself). We shot against a greenscreen and I directly quoted several celebrity apology videos, including a scene in which I pretend to cry like Paula Dean.

Facebook can go fuck itself, I just remembered how they asked me to remove the video of Odraza's Esperalem Tkane from my shares due to somehow breaking the rules (Nudity).

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

I'm officially (after denying it for years) an anxious person that generate stress without even knowing it.

I went to the doctor, because I thought I was about to have an heart attack and stuff. I passed an ECG and etc. He told me I was alright ...

So i'm like, Why the hell I have chest pain and stuff for over a month then..?  Couldn't even sleep without feeling my freaking heartbeat.

This is a fucking tiresome situation.

34 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

I'm officially (after denying it for years) an anxious person that generate stress without even knowing it.

I went to the doctor, because I thought I was about to have an heart attack and stuff. I passed an ECG and etc. He told me I was alright ...

So i'm like, Why the hell I have chest pain and stuff for over a month then..?  Couldn't even sleep without feeling my freaking heartbeat.

I've noticed that I tend to be more stressed when I tell others things like "I am an anxious person that generates stress without even knowing it." I seem to experience less of it when I use alternative phrasings, such as, "Sometimes I experience anxiety and stress, but I could work to figure out what causes it." Notice that both of our statements can hold the same meaning, but the perceptual quality of the language is different. Good luck to your journey in understanding the what/why of your stress.

27 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

Damn mate, sucks to hear that.

Although it sounds familiar (nah it can't possibly be me). Stress is pretty much all I give and receive these days... I swear the last 3 years have destroyed me emotionally. I think I'm held together by art and a lot of hope.

My fact for today: Well, already mentioned this in another thread but since it's more relevant here, I'm unlikely to get my license next year. It would have been the fourth (read: last) year of university, but since failed exams seem to only increase in numbers despite my efforts, I've reached the point where it would take a miracle to pass them the next year, there's too many of them...

I've once won two TF2 raffles in a row and I like to think that all of my luck was exhausted on that and that I'm now getting unluckier day by day.

I just purchased my first house with my Brother. Settlement is today :)

6 hours ago, seed said:

Damn mate, sucks to hear that.

Although it sounds familiar (nah it can't possibly be me). Stress is pretty much all I give and receive these days... I swear the last 3 years have destroyed me emotionally. I think I'm held together by art and a lot of hope.

My fact for today: Well, already mentioned this in another thread but since it's more relevant here, I'm unlikely to get my license next year. It would have been the fourth (read: last) year of university, but since failed exams seem to only increase in numbers despite my efforts, I've reached the point where it would take a miracle to pass them the next year, there's too many of them...

It took me 3 years just to get my driving license so... 

3 hours ago, DesecratorJ said:

It took me 3 years just to get my driving license so... 

Oh yeah I still didn't get to it.

My friend won 100k fidget spinners (Long Story) and we started to drop them off of our schools stairwell to the bottom to see how many pieces they would fracture into, we almost got caught as well.

11 hours ago, seed said:

Oh yeah I still didn't get to it.

At least you went far in your education such as going even to university.

In 10 years I didn't finish high school. and went to do a 2 years professional formation instead. (A path to skip college). Even if I get a professional diploma, I would still need to finish some things to get my high school graduation, which I have no motivation for.

1 hour ago, DesecratorJ said:

At least you went far in your education such as going even to university.

Yeah but you see, here's the problem, I made it there far too easy.

I didn't even have to take an exam because at the time you were either accepted or rejected based on your score at the baccalaureat exam, which was extremely easy. But speaking about it, that's just another thing on my endless list of disappointments. Sure, I did well overall, with the exception of the written Romanian exam. Fuck's sake man, 7.60 and I did everything, with no mistakes whatsoever on the first subject (out of 3).

Perhaps you're wondering how that happened. Well obviously I did what I do best: screw up when it's easy. I most likely didn't meet the minimum words requirement on the final subject (that essay needs to have at least 900 words). I wrote over 4 pages and yet, it somehow still wasn't enough, and other colleagues who wrote far less than myself scored higher... I could never understand this... I had one job, and I wasted it, as usual. I lost 14 points like a moron.

Now coming back to university, rest assured if I had to take an entrance exam I would have never made it, it would have involved math and physics and I'm absolute garbage at both. This has nothing to do with being pessimistic or anything, it's just a fact. I'm shit at those, plain and simple. Now they've also changed the system, so in a few years, you will have to take an exam regardless of what university or profile you opt for, because lots of students made it to universities they had no business with, and could never get their license, or if they could, they could get it only after 1 or 2 extra years. Which is exactly what's going to happen to me. I currently have a total of 10 failed exams, there's no chance in hell I'm going to pass all of them next year, they're all very difficult and I've made 5 attempts at passing some of them and failed miserably every time. I screwed up.

I've been told to stop loathing myself before, but that's increasingly difficult to do since I'm all-talk, and outright incompetent at what truly matters. My self-loathing is more than justified.

18 minutes ago, seed said:

I didn't even have to take an exam because at the time you were either accepted or rejected based on your score at the baccalaureat exam, which was extremely easy. But speaking about it, that's just another thing on my endless list of disappointments. Sure, I did well overall, with the exception of the written Romanian exam. Fuck's sake man, 7.60 and I did everything, with no mistakes whatsoever on the first subject (out of 3).

Perhaps you're wondering how that happened. Well obviously I did what I do best: screw up when it's easy. I most likely didn't meet the minimum words requirement on the final subject (that essay needs to have at least 900 words). I wrote over 4 pages and yet, it somehow still wasn't enough, and other colleagues who wrote far less than myself scored higher... I could never understand this... I had one job, and I wasted it, as usual. I lost 14 points like a moron.

Now coming back to university, rest assured if I had to take an entrance exam I would have never made it, it would have involved math and physics and I'm absolute garbage at both. This has nothing to do with being pessimistic or anything, it's just a fact. I'm shit at those, plain and simple. Now they've also changed the system, so in a few years, you will have to take an exam regardless of what university or profile you opt for, because lots of students made it to universities they had no business with, and could never get their license, or if they could, they could get it only after 1 or 2 extra years. Which is exactly what's going to happen to me. I currently have a total of 10 failed exams, there's no chance in hell I'm going to pass all of them next year, they're all very difficult and I've made 5 attempts at passing some of them and failed miserably every time. I screwed up.

Ah, I was like the opposite back in my French classes, I was writing too much words for what it was required in the exam. Sometimes, I was doing 2 times the amount of words required, which obviously increased my chances to do mistakes. I kind of became better at the language over the time since I was so shitty at writing back then. But I still don't know how the hell I was able to bullshit that much by adding so many words instead of going straight to the points... In fact, I'm speaking of French, but I also do that in English so...

Failing exams is probably one the scariest things to me, as I was not already anxious enough, that just adds to my pile of self-made stress. Speaking of failure, I failed my first exam in two years not long ago, and it pissed me off quite much, and in order to succeed my class, I need to attempt it again pretty soon and the success is required obviously to pass. I just hope to not screw again because i'll loose faith in myself soon enough.

8 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

Ah, I was like the opposite back in my French classes, I was writing too much words for what it was required in the exam. Sometimes, I was doing 2 times the amount of words required, which obviously increased my chances to do mistakes. I kind of became better at the language over the time since I was so shitty at writing back then. But I still don't know how the hell I was able to bullshit that much by adding so many words instead of going straight to the points... In fact, I'm speaking of French, but I also do that in English so...

Failing exams is probably one the scariest things to me, as I was not already anxious enough, that just adds to my pile of self-made stress. Speaking of failure, I failed my first exam in two years not long ago, and it pissed me off quite much, and in order to succeed my class, I need to attempt it again pretty soon and the success is required obviously to pass. I just hope to not screw again because i'll loose faith in myself soon enough.

Bullshitting in essays might come in handy when you do what you have to do but don't meet the minimum words requirement. I also used to write more than necessary, and I still do sometimes (I'm quite the writer y'know, there's a reason why I scored a C2 at writing back when I got my Cambridge diploma :D). This is obvious especially on forums where my posts are usually long, even if they sometimes turn into an incoherent mess or a circle jerk.

It's very easy to lose confidence in yourself and your abilities, I know because I lost mine a long time ago, if I ever had it in the first place, which I very much doubt as I've always been insecure even if to a much lesser degree than nowadays.

I've been giving serious thoughts to buying a CRT monitor the last few days.

I could use it on my old PC, but I don't really have a place for it anymore so I probably won't do this. Second thing that crossed my mind was using it as a second monitor, but I don't have enough space on my desk, so that's a no-go for sure. So what I'm probably going to do is just use it every now and then on my current machine, for the sake of reliving the experience and playing some old games like Doom.

If it's not just a temporary thing (it happens from time to time, obsessing for something but in a week or two I'll probably not give a damn anymore) I'll get one as soon as the next week, they're dirt cheap nowadays (after all, aside from retro gamers I don't think anyone has use for CRTs anymore). The only problem would be finding one in good/decent condition, but I already have a few candidates on my list. And to be clear, it will absolutely not replace my current monitor, that's not the intention, but a simple hobby.

I completed my bachelors degree from one of the best universities in my country with a 70% CGPA score (2.8 out of 4) in July 2018.

Spoiler

And I have been Jobless since. So I have started doing Masters now.

35 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

I completed my bachelors degree from one of the best universities in my country with a 70% CGPA score (2.8 out of 4) in July 2018.

Hide contents

And I have been Jobless since. So I have started doing Masters now.

Sounds like living in my country.

Even if you do graduate from any university you will probably still have a hard time getting a job. I won't even mention how not going to university would be like... 

But what am I saying, even if you do go to university if it's not one of the mainstream choices you probably won't end up doing much with it.