Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Mek's Box 'o Skies! - v3, look, up in the sky, more SKIES!

I have couple of ideas - more skyboxes which would reminiscent morning or sunrise. Something like this(I used your sky stuff and slapped sun here for my personal mapping project needs):

Spoiler

sunset2.png
sunset3.png

Also, sun sky, which looks like "STARETH1" variations. 

Anyway, good job with new pack, I'll be sure to use them in my future projects ;)

Gorgeous skies, haven't even seen the first ones yet. Thank you very, very much.

I appreciate all of the support guys, thank you :D

15 hours ago, Misty said:

I have couple of ideas - more skyboxes which would reminiscent morning or sunrise.

Also, sun sky, which looks like "STARETH1" variations. 

Those are both good ideas, I'll probably try to make something like that in a future update.  Actually a good looking sunrise sky is fairly hard to do just because having it sit in front of the clouds can look awkward.  That tends to look best as a really bright light source that's scattered by clouds.  Another way to do it is to have more scattered clouds (or no clouds at all) and have the sun displayed that way (DNESKY01 is an example although its more stylized than what you're probably looking for).

As for a STARETH1 style sky with the sun, I actually had plans to make something like that but it slipped my mind.  I found a decent stock sun image for it that might work (haven't tried it out yet).  Anyways yea, I'll make something like that :)

Edited by Mechadon

I think I just creamed myself, between this and OTEX I dunno as I'll ever be stuck for sky textures again, just look at some of the previews, goddamn...

Crazy to see how many people use this resource! Saw that Doomed Space Wars uses one of the skies in this resource!

Hey, sorry for the bump, but I have another idea - could you create something like ""STARETHx", but for gas giants? And more skies with some different planets would be nice to have. I'm writing this here, before I'll forget this and some ideas got wasted in eternity.

These skies are fantastic! I'll definitely make use of some!

Uh, why have I missed this update! Great skies, again! City and industry skies are very nice addition.

The link for the download doesn't seem to work anymore, at least on my end. Sorry for the bump.

Edit: Nevermind, it works. I had to right-click it. Never knew that was a thing.

Dude, some of these are EVIL, especially the squishy organic, bloaty slimy ones... Love it, gonna do me some "Cronenberg" levels.

3 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Uh, hey, the download link doesn't work at all. I clicked on it multiple times and it did nothing.

That's peculiar, I just downloaded this today to add a custom sky to the map I'm working on.

If you're using Chrome it's probably the browser.  Chrome increasingly has an obnoxious habit of auto-blocking downloads that it thinks might not be safe, without actually telling you that it's blocked, it just acts as if you didn't click anything.  I read a Google representative say something along the lines of, "Computers shouldn't do what you tell them to, they should do what you want them to, which should be whatever Google's default is, to protect you from yourself and be helpful", so I guess it's in line with that kind of philosophy.  For now (I've tested it) it works in Chrome if you right-click the file, and it works as normal on Firefox.

Can't seem to download it, the link just doesn't do anything for me. Would love to spice up my wad with this though...