Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Excited For Eternal?

On 1/22/2019 at 10:23 PM, MetroidJunkie said:

The game itself, yes. I just hope Bethesda and Zenimax don't sour that with their meddling.

This big time.  I want it to be on Steam, I want a physical copy of the game, and I don't want whatever multiplayer modes to me mired in bullshit microtransactions.  Earning cosmetic stuff in game via challenges is still viable for gameplay. 

On 1/25/2019 at 6:36 AM, StainlessSteel said:

I want it to be on Steam

I hate to say this, but judging by the fact that there's still no Steam page for the game even though it's been available for pre-order over at Bethesda's site for months, it's unlikely to be released on Steam at this point.

2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

I hate to say this, but judging by the fact that there's still no Steam page for the game even though it's been available for pre-order over at Bethesda's site for months, it's unlikely to be released on Steam at this point.

That could potentially affect the sales, but I don't doubt it's going to still be a hit.

Don't kill me everyone but I will be getting it on console. I am in a way a hypocrite. I prefer the moody and sinister style of Doom 64 and I hate the double jump and dash mechanics that has appeared in every indy game. Doom Eternal has things that I am not fond of in the past. But I know the way it is put together that I will love it. It's perverting my sensibilities. Maybe since it is a perversion of what is sacred that is why I will like it? Maybe it's Mick Gordon's soundtrack? Or maybe it's maybelline?

7 hours ago, Immorpher said:

Don't kill me everyone but I will be getting it on console. I am in a way a hypocrite. I prefer the moody and sinister style of Doom 64 and I hate the double jump and dash mechanics that has appeared in every indy game. Doom Eternal has things that I am not fond of in the past. But I know the way it is put together that I will love it. It's perverting my sensibilities. Maybe since it is a perversion of what is sacred that is why I will like it? Maybe it's Mick Gordon's soundtrack? Or maybe it's maybelline?

im getting it on console as well the 1 X will probably be 60fps lock with a variable 4k res -annnnnnd i have a gtx960 in my pc, so it has to be console.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:28 PM, Zemini said:

I am excited but my hype has died down a lot.  No new info in nearly 6 months.

I think their marketing is focusing on Rage 2 right now

On 2/3/2019 at 2:14 AM, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I would get it on console too, but I don't own any of the next gen systems.

even resi 2 cant sustain 60 on my pc, and it seems to struggle even on the pro if the DF retro video is anything to go by, on my 1 X its solid 60 2160 and its not even had a hiccup yet.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:23 PM, Immorpher said:

Don't kill me everyone but I will be getting it on console.

Nobody should be complaining about you getting it on console in the first place. Platform elitism is toxic and nobody should be fighting over which piece of plastic is better than the other.

I'm getting it on console because my PC is shit.

I know this is about Doom Eternal but I have a feeling that it is an extended expansion for Doom 2016 

I liked Doom 2016 but the originals are still better...in terms of 

1. Level  Design 

2. Combat 

I had a feeling while playing Doom 2016 that it is an arena shooter... 

gameplay was like: 

a. I enter an area ,

b. Door closes  

c. Wave of monsters spawns 

d. I kill them 

e. Door opens 

f.  Repeat  ...

Push forward combat is nice but original was better ... 

Somtimes the player enjoys scarce resources 

I never felt I was low on ammo or health playing Doom 2016 

Although I finished the game on nightmare diffculty ... I still felt overpowered playing the game ...too much powerfull upgrades  ! 

I am afraid that Doom Eternal will be more like Doom 2016  a good game but not DOOM 

Edited by Ziad EL Zein

On 2/2/2019 at 8:51 PM, Jim Greezy said:

i have a gtx960 in my pc, so it has to be console.

That's not the case, even a GTX650 can run Doom 2016 (with the Vulkan backend and tweaked settings, but a solid 60fps) a GTX960 should run it well with low/medium settings and a reasonable resolution. 1366x768 is good, but maybe 1280x1024 will run pretty well too.

Speaking of the game's performance, i wonder how Eternal will run considering these factors:

* Its single player campaign is expected to be bigger, hence the "many, many places" and "twice as many demons".

* How they have the Switch port in mind with 30 FPS and its release date as the same as other versions, that run at 60.

* The destructible demons feature.

* The amount of detail put into levels and environments.

* A feature like the Invasion mode.

* And the fact that Snapmap/modding and maybe multiplayer aren't in the base game at release.

I just hope the game's new engine makes it have great performance and all, even with the consideration of the possible file size of the game.

17 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

Speaking of the game's performance, i wonder how Eternal will run considering these factors:

* Its single player campaign is expected to be bigger, hence the "many, many places" and "twice as many demons".

* How they have the Switch port in mind with 30 FPS and its release date as the same as other versions, that run at 60.

* The destructible demons feature.

* The amount of detail put into levels and environments.

* A feature like the Invasion mode.

* And the fact that Snapmap/modding and maybe multiplayer aren't in the base game at release.

I just hope the game's new engine makes it have great performance and all, even with the consideration of the possible file size of the game.

Well, you are talking about the sequel to a game that runs on a Pentium 4 and has relatively low GPU requirements. I think it will run just fine, as long as the graphical improvements won't be extreme. The game engine is still the same.

They got Doom 2016 running on the Nintendo DS and it looks good, I'm sure they can pull it off.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:03 PM, Jim Greezy said:

even resi 2 cant sustain 60 on my pc, and it seems to struggle even on the pro if the DF retro video is anything to go by, on my 1 X its solid 60 2160 and its not even had a hiccup yet.

Do you have the 2GB version or the 4GB 960? I have the 4GB EVGA SSC variation but i haven't actually played Doom 2016 yet (but i know i can run it according to the specs) and RE 2 might be possible if i turn settings down. Now i only have one 21.5" 1080p monitor so i tend to run most of the games that i play just fine. I guess it just depends on what resolution you are trying to push out as well as RAM/Processor even though games tend to be more GPU oriented.

Obviously outputting in your monitors native resolution will look the best but sometimes you just have to make sacrifices in order to get better performance. I consider the GTX 4GB 960 a decent card for 1080p (at least it was when it was new; also it depends on the version that you have) but not for 2k or 4k. Since you do have a 1X you could just purchase the game on that console like you've stated (if it even comes out on that console).

Edited by CyberDreams : adding more

On 2/20/2019 at 9:05 PM, -TDRR- said:

The game engine is still the same.

Didn't they say it was running on id Tech 7? Doom 2016 is id Tech 6.

3 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Didn't they say it was running on id Tech 7? Doom 2016 is id Tech 6.

I still doubt the requirements will be much higher, maybe it won't run as well on a P4 now, and maybe it won't run decently enough on a GTX 650, but i imagine it's still pretty low.

All i want is that they separate the framerate from the game speed, particularly at low framerates.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:37 PM, -TDRR- said:

That's not the case, even a GTX650 can run Doom 2016 (with the Vulkan backend and tweaked settings, but a solid 60fps) a GTX960 should run it well with low/medium settings and a reasonable resolution. 1366x768 is good, but maybe 1280x1024 will run pretty well too.

My 960 is a 2Gb and it doesent run great at all, it runs at 60fps at near 4k on my 75" screen on my 1X its just miles better for me.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:14 AM, CyberDreams said:

Do you have the 2GB version or the 4GB 960? I have the 4GB EVGA SSC variation but i haven't actually played Doom 2016 yet (but i know i can run it according to the specs) and RE 2 might be possible if i turn settings down. Now i only have one 21.5" 1080p monitor so i tend to run most of the games that i play just fine. I guess it just depends on what resolution you are trying to push out as well as RAM/Processor even though games tend to be more GPU oriented.

Obviously outputting in your monitors native resolution will look the best but sometimes you just have to make sacrifices in order to get better performance. I consider the GTX 4GB 960 a decent card for 1080p (at least it was when it was new; also it depends on the version that you have) but not for 2k or 4k. Since you do have a 1X you could just purchase the game on that console like you've stated (if it even comes out on that console).

i did hear that nvidia nerfed the 960 whats the best patch to use? its definitely coming to xbox, i think the 1X is currently the only place you can actually play Ultimate doom, Doom 2, Doom 3 all of the DLC Wolf 3d, marathon and obviously 16 in terms of console. 

On 3/7/2019 at 10:27 PM, Jim Greezy said:

My 960 is a 2Gb and it doesent run great at all, it runs at 60fps at near 4k on my 75" screen on my 1X its just miles better for me.

What the heck? Is that really not enough for you?! It runs well and the resolution is pretty good for a 960.

EDIT: Oh wait now i see, how does it run on your 960 then?

On 3/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, -TDRR- said:

What the heck? Is that really not enough for you?! It runs well and the resolution is pretty good for a 960.

EDIT: Oh wait now i see, how does it run on your 960 then?

yea the 960 struggles with ion maiden and even other simple games.

here are my specs.

EouK8hJ.jpg.bd11259cb38009fb27fa64f22258e659.jpg

Just now, Jim Greezy said:

yea the 960 struggles with ion maiden and even other simple games.

here are my specs.

Ion Maiden is a bad example known to have performance issues. Try something like big maps on GZDoom, or Ravenfield with settings maxed out, which can help give you a good idea of the performance of your 960.

It really shouldn't be that slow though, maybe something is set up incorrectly in the Nvidia control pane.

I'm looking forward to Eternal. I just finished playing through the single player mode of Doom 2016 again to tide me over...