Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

DOOM: Annihilation - the new Doom movie

Wait a second, what if the movie is about the expedition Hayden sent to retrieve the Doomslayer in Kadingir Sanctum? Or it could be a retelling of the same story and instead of Doomguy waking up on mars he wakes up in Kadingir instead. That way, the Doomslayer could appear at the climax and be the monster of the movie.

1 minute ago, DooM_RO said:

Wait a second, what if the movie is about the expedition Hayden sent to retrieve the Doomslayer in Kadingir Sanctum? Or it could be a retelling of the same story and instead of Doomguy waking up on mars he wakes up in Kadingir instead. That way, the Doomslayer could appear at the climax and be the monster of the movie.

Nah, sorry bro, but the movie's been confirmed (kinda?) to be about Marines from Mars going to Phobos. Basically the Doom manual story, I assume it's about the marines (and movie-exclusive characters, this has been confirmed) all dying, the movie ending, and showing Doomguy going into the base (go into DooM, etcetera)

1 minute ago, XLightningStormL said:

Nah, sorry bro, but the movie's been confirmed (kinda?) to be about Marines from Mars going to Phobos. Basically the Doom manual story, I assume it's about the marines (and movie-exclusive characters, this has been confirmed) all dying, the movie ending, and showing Doomguy going into the base (go into DooM, etcetera)

They said Doomslayer is in the movie when people were getting upset about the cast. I'm 100% sure it's going to be about Betruger thinking he is going to find some kind of super powerful artifact after he killed every other team member and then the Doomslayer bashes his skull in as soon as he opens the sarcophagus.

3 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

They said Doomslayer is in the movie when people were getting upset about the cast. I'm 100% sure it's going to be about Betruger thinking he is going to find some kind of super powerful artifact after he killed every other team member and then the Doomslayer bashes his skull in as soon as he opens the sarcophagus.

The name "Doomslayer" was used instead of Doomguy because "doomguy" is basically as Tony Giglio stated "is the representation of the male player" with a female player being "doomgirl"

Essentially Tony used "Doomslayer" to refer to the Blazkowicz Doomguy character (which was also explained as by TG IIRC)

As for Betruger, I get the feeling his gonna go the way of Challus Mercer from Dead Space

Spoiler

aka becomes a willing sacrifice and gets torn apart by demons

9 hours ago, XLightningStormL said:

Essentially Tony used "Doomslayer" to refer to the Blazkowicz Doomguy character (which was also explained as by TG IIRC)

What do you mean by "to refer to the Blazkowicz Doomguy character"? I thought the Blazkowicz Doomguy connection was just in an RPG?

I'd expect Slayer to be more gender neutral.

5 hours ago, igg said:

What do you mean by "to refer to the Blazkowicz Doomguy character"? I thought the Blazkowicz Doomguy connection was just in an RPG?

Tom Hall, and Romero basically confirmed that Commander Keen is DG's father, and BJ Blazkowicz is Keen's Grandad, and DG's Great Grandad by extension.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/290678/exclusive-universals-doom-gets-official-title-synopsis-and-here-are-three-official-images/

So the movie’s title, synopsis, and official images have been revealed. 

The new Doom movie is going to be called DOOM: Annihilation. Also, the marines have been confirmed to work for the UAC and it’s basically the same plot synopsis as Knee-Deep in the Dead. The movie itself is to be released this fall. 

inb4 MK: Annihilation jokes

So this is basically an origin story, right? I wasn't expecting the synopsis to be such a dead giveaway of the entire plot of the film.

See, my friends? This is why shutting one's piehole until we could know more details about the plot of the movie actually pays off!

3 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/290678/exclusive-universals-doom-gets-official-title-synopsis-and-here-are-three-official-images/

So the movie’s title, synopsis, and official images have been revealed. 

The new Doom movie is going to be called DOOM: Annihilation. Also, the marines have been confirmed to work for the UAC and it’s basically the same plot synopsis as Knee-Deep in the Dead. The movie itself is to be released this fall. 

inb4 MK: Annihilation jokes

Oh man...

First of all, about time they remembered to actually promote the movie, even if its straight to dvd they could make some money by curious people by the title of the brand alone.

Now, the subtitle is pointless, and those pictures are awful, the ones with the marines not only look generic as hell (lol) but they look exactly like promotional photos of the 2005 movie but worse. And the zombie or whatever is supposed to be looks like a cheap costume from a cheap and old movie.

Anyway, i am optimistic there will be some good in the movie, even the 2005 one had the FPS sequence and a great soundtrack, this one must have some good moments too i guess.

And there we have it, my guys:

2 hours ago, IMX said:

So this is basically an origin story, right? I wasn't expecting the synopsis to be such a dead giveaway of the entire plot of the film.

Honestly, there really isn’t that much that can be done to change up a barebones story like classic Doom’s. If anything, I think it might be a good thing that they explicitly mentioned this movie having proper demons instead of just “mutants.”

I don’t know about you guys, but I actually dig the look of that zombie; pretty good makeup and everything. Plus, the blue coloration is a nice touch, he already looks more demonic than anything present in the 2005 movie. 

Come to think of it, that zombie looks fairly Imp-like with the fangs and elongated fingers…

Also, it looks like the executive producers of the 2005 movie will be behind this one as well. 

What an insanely dumb and generic subtitle. Most WADs have better names, ffs!

Pictures so far give me a 100% identical vibe to that of the 2005 version, which for me is fine since I happen to be the only person on planet Earth who had realistic expectations, so I wasn’t left too disappointed.

This looks like more of the same but maybe I’ll be surprised and it will be superior. Again it seems like I’m in the minority that’s actually going in with reasonable expectations so hopefully I’ll (once again) not be too disappointed.

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Pictures so far give me a 100% identical vibe to that of the 2005 version

Yeah I thought the exact same thing when I saw those screenshots. It just looks really cheap and generic which is what I was expecting but its still disappointing.

I feel like I'm looking at a knock off version of the first Resident Evil movie.

Like I get that changes sometimes need to be made for movie adaptations, but they may as well have not called this movie Doom

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

What an insanely dumb and generic subtitle. Most WADs have better names, ffs!

Doom Annihilation: the Movie: the PWAD

Welp, if it's in the same level as the 2005 movie I guess it will be fine as most complaints were that they changed the plot or elements from the game too much and they said this movie will remain more faithful... but also I read before in this thread that this movie had less budget

4 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

I don’t know about you guys, but I actually dig the look of that zombie; pretty good makeup and everything. Plus, the blue coloration is a nice touch, he already looks more demonic than anything present in the 2005 movie. 

I like the look of the zombie too. Its actually kinda unique and looks cool, unlike the UAC marines.

Still holding out hope that most of the movie is about these generic marines getting slaughtered one by one, and then the Doom slayer appears and wreaks havoc near the end.

5 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

Come to think of it, that zombie looks fairly Imp-like with the fangs and elongated fingers…

Yeah, I didn't notice it at first, but those fingers are pretty clearly elongated. Seems it's part of a mutation, as opposed to a simple zombie. Makes me wonder if that's a transition from human to Imp, or if it's something else. It could also be that they're going with a more drastic physical mutation for the possessed, like what they did for Doom 2016. 

On 3/2/2019 at 2:50 PM, igg said:

I don't. 

Doom Slayer is stated and confirmed to be male in the codex lore, however Doomguy IS gender neutral, that's why (I hope) Tony made the distinction between Slayer and doomguy.

I will watch the OG Doom movie first when this thing comes out! I can't wait for it. What we also need are novel versions of Doom 2016.

Those pics do not give me much faith in this. But anything's gotta be better than the movie we got. At least it's actually about demons this time. Hopefully if anything it's super fucking gory.

1 hour ago, Lila Feuer said:

Those pics do not give me much faith in this. But anything's gotta be better than the movie we got. At least it's actually about demons this time. Hopefully if anything it's super fucking gory.

Idk, I'm actually hoping it will be more than just a dark, gore fest.

Those screenshots look pretty amateurish. Maybe the movie will have that b-movie charm to it.