Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maximum Matt

My Maximum Doom List

2 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

INSANE2 - fairly crappy, got the same bug at one point where something triggers a lot of the ceilings in the level to come down and break the level (like in SANTA and UMBRING), would like to know the cause of this

Invalid tags.

49 minutes ago, Korozive said:

You actually typed all this? 0.o

Yeah, over a couple of years. Not like I was obsessed, or anything :)

33 minutes ago, Grazza said:

'In vanilla such a tag error causes the action to be applied to all sectors with tag 0, generally shattering the map.'

Thankyou!!

1 minute ago, Maximum Matt said:

Yeah, over a couple of years. Not like I was obsessed, or anything :)

Oh no, not at all. lol

8 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

'In vanilla such a tag error causes the action to be applied to all sectors with tag 0, generally shattering the map.'

The funny thing with Santa (one of the wads you mentioned in this respect, and one that I uploaded to the archive) is that at least one of these invalid tags appears to be a deliberate effect, to make the whole map start blinking when you get near the end, kind of like Christmas lights (it is a Christmas map, after all). I hadn't previously realized that.

You are an absolute goddamned madman.

This is right up there with making a Megawad in 9 days.

What other game will you be able to read the reviews on add-ons from 25 years ago? Doom is a multiverse.

1 hour ago, riderr3 said:

What other game will you be able to read the reviews on add-ons from 25 years ago? Doom is a multiverse.

Duke Nukem 3D at least. There was a similar interest in the Duke!ZONE user map compilation CD for example, there have been some posts about it. It actually caught my interest and I played through a bunch of it, had some gems too.

I respect this endeavor, nice work!

^ Yeah, I got the DN3D bug right after finishing Maximum Doom. After going through the DukeZone 500 maps, I put myself through the Duke Assault 1500 maps.

You’re doing God’s work. This is a super helpful list of mini-reviews! Major props.

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Any chance you made a compilation of the best maps in a coherent way, @Maximum Matt?

Does anyone else see the irony in asking for coherency in a topic about Maximum Doom, or is it just me?

1 hour ago, Dark Pulse said:

Does anyone else see the irony in asking for coherency in a topic about Maximum Doom, or is it just me?

Glad you notice it, pal!
That was the intention ;)

16 hours ago, Gokuma said:

It's about time this topic got enough likes to get a heart.

giphy.gif.756ffa9b274c85cfe76a5bed7ebb4598.gif

16 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Any chance you made a compilation of the best maps in a coherent way, @Maximum Matt?

Nah, I thought about doing that, but that would mean going back and combing though all of it again, and that ain't happening.  Anything on that list that I say I like are my recommendations I guess.  

I also recommend anyone thinking of getting into Max Doom to first play the DWANGO and WADPAK (or WADPACK) wads, as they are 27-32 maps long, and are a pretty decent overview of what you're about to get yourself into.  I also think that the Enjay Doom megawad is a pretty awesome achievement for back then. Apart from that, you're on yer own....

Edited by Maximum Matt