Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

THE POWER LEVELS FOR DOOM 2!

Get ready for a map pack that will not only provide levels made with john romero's design rules, but will put the master levels to shame. THE POWER LEVELS ARE OVER 9000! The best part? it wil be compatible with dosbox. I only have two levels made at the moment, but i will add more as time goes on.

i will update this post as new levels are made, with levels increasing by two. i plan on adding a custom menu screen, a custom music track (ripped from metal artists and midi-fied. no copyright infringement intended), and 1 new weapon. at the moment, i don't know how to do those 3 things, but i plan on learning. as long as it doesn't make me type for hours on end.

feel free to provide feedback on the levels so i can improve them.

Spoiler

beta 0.1

Power Levels v0.1.zip

Spoiler

beta 0.2

update: due to the incompatibility of scripting in doom, i am sorry to announce that this map pack will require a source port, simply because the 666 tag is not making the doors in map02 open. dos users are forced to noclip. however, i will make a dosbox compatible pack to go alongside this. eventually. this release fixed some issues with missing textures and lengthened the map02 key hunt.

Power Levels v0.2.zip

Spoiler

beta 0.3

update: i have completed the third map. keep in mind, that it will not represent the final product. it's just a demo. tell me what you would like to see (i.e. more rooms, architecture, monsters, textures, you name it) if you have an idea for a design for this, submit a Jpeg of the outline so i can implement it into the third map. i did not put in much effort because it is late here in canada, and my creativ juices need refilling. also, i have a life too ya know. i need to do stuff. like going places. sitting. playing games. (actually, i have nothing better to do, so i guess i can work on this a little)

Power Levels v0.3.zip

Spoiler

beta 0.4

update: i have updated map03 and finished map04 with some bug fixes. (i think. i've been working for so long)

i'm fresh out of ideas at the moment. any suggestions on designs for future levels? also, what size should my levels be?

Power Levels v0.4.zip

Spoiler

beta 0.5

update: after the last person commented on my maps, i decided to update the layout and address some issues you all had with the maps. for example, there are now less monsters in map03 and the blue key spawns on all difficulties. not to mention that the cages no longer bleed through the floor.

the blue key room in map02 has also been nerfed and extended slightly. map01 has had some tweaks as well that SHOULD make it not crash in dosbox whenever you try to access the secret platform outside. if you keep getting errors, just let me know, and', i'll look up how to fix it. new areas were added to map04 as well. 2 to be exact. all in the outside area. go see for yourself.

Power Levels v0.5.zip

Spoiler

beta 0.6

update: i didn't have time to test this, so there may be issues. i tweaked map03 and added map05.

Power Levels v0.6.zip

Spoiler

beta 0.7

update: our power level has increased to a whopping 0.7! now, map05 is possible!

IMPORTANT! make sure you check this text box for updates and new downloads. i want as many people to read this as possible. so go ahead and share THE POWER LEVELS!

Power Levels v0.7.zip

Spoiler

beta 0.8

update: now, map05 is bigger, and harder than ever! download from the link below, and leave your feedback. tomorrow, i will work on map06. be sure to check this text box frequently to stay tuned on future updates. i'm serious. i need attention.

Power Levels v0.8.zip

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE! PLEASE READ!

it has come to my attention that nobody cares about my expansion anymore. why? is it not interesting enough? this is not just a megawad. this is a bona-fide fan-made expansion pack for doom 2! that will eventually be compatible with dosbox! i'm almost at beta 1.0, and i plan on using slade for that. so, beta 0.9 will add 10 levels (if i have the time and you have the patience) so the maps will be completed by beta 1.0. so PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF DOOM share this post EVERYWHERE! heck, share this WAD with some friends. or even strangers! the power levels must grow to OVER 9000 FOLLOWERS! This will be THE FIRST fan-made expansion pack for doom 2, and i want everyone to know it! so. help me by giving your feedback. send screenshots with captions. suggest level themes and layouts. do SOMETHING! dont just leave me hanging. (i hope this doesn't count as spam)

Spoiler

beta 0.9

update: okay. i lied. beta 0.9 will not include 10 levels. because that's too much for me to make at any one time. so, instead, i corrected some issues in previous maps, and added map06. the next update will add  3 maps and the conclusion of episode 1 of THE POWER LEVELS! or not, if i don't have the time/creativity/patience. the next update will be called "episode 1 beta 1" until the full episode is released. then i will take a break from level editing. but not too long of a break. i hope. anyways, i hope you enjoy. this new map is kinda easy on UV. i don't know why...

Power Levels v0.9.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.0

IMPORTANT UPDATE: i have finished beta 1.0. with 4 new levels adding up to 10 total levels to make up episode 1 of THE POWER LEVELS! the last map is kinda lacking "imagination" so i need to take a long break from designing levels. also, i have stuff in my life i need to do. and i have a new computer, so i will need to move some stuff on my Eee PC to my newer one. some issues have remained, but i will patch them out eventually. leave me some feedback so i can know how i did.

Power Levels v1.0.zip

update: I need a break.

I have pretty much stopped development of the power levels, because I just, well, got distracted by fallout mods to even bother about mapping. MAP11 is pretty much abandoned, but hopefully I'll get around to it when I once again enter my "doom phase". until then, I will be taking a break from mapping for the foreseeable future.

Spoiler

beta 1.1

update: fixed some issues in a few maps and made improvements to map01. I spent an entire day doing this patch. I will work on map02 tomorrow.

Power Levels v1.1.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.2

minor update: improved map02 greatly and added a functional map11.

Power Levels v1.2.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.3

castle update: I have decided to name my updates from now on. hopefully it will make them seem less bland. I added map12, fixed the sector leak in map11, and made minor tweaks to previous maps.

Power Levels v1.3.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.4

2fort update: added map13. it kinda looks like 2fort from tf2. word of advice: git gud at moving. because fighting is the only way you will survive this.

Power Levels v1.4.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.5

flower and factory update: I included not one, but TWO maps in this update. (because OCD) word of advice though: level 15 is HARD! I consider myself a master at doom and even I had trouble with this. at least on had mode.

Power Levels v1.5.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.6

the Silver City update: this update adds map16 and tweaks map12. I call the map "The Silver City". not to be confused with the Marble City, which is map07. the next update will add map17 and tweak map04.

Power Levels v1.6.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.7

jungle base update: this update adds in map17 and tweaks map04. this map has the most secrets out of any map I have made thus far.

Power Levels v1.7.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.8

the marble city centre update: I added map18: the marble city centre, to this wad. I also made adjustments to map04 (more ammo, monsters, and geometry editing) and fixed some issues in map17. word of advice: you can shoot a door in what resembles a library.

Power Levels v1.8.zip

Spoiler

beta 1.9

cyber-fortress update: we are 1 map away from completing episode 2 of THE POWER LEVELS! (one episode is equivalent to 10 levels) after the next update, I will take a break from mapping again to recharge my creativity. I have 11 maps to go. oh boy. the next update will add in map 20, and make small adjustments to maps 03 and 04. one of john Romero's rules in design say I have to design the first map fast. (I mean first) so, in the full release, I will revamp map01. it will remove the keyhunting (because the first level never has a key in it) but the full release is still a long ways away. this update adds map19 and fixes all the issues DynamiteKaitorn listed. (at least, I think I fixed them.) thank you for your feedback after all this time.

Power Levels v1.9.zip

Spoiler

beta 2.0

Tossed Salad update: the 20th level is a whole mish-mash of themes. reminiscent of episode 2 of doom 1. also, small adjustments have been made to maps 3 and 4. the starting and ending areas of map03 are given a more natural shape. map04 has some small tweaks. I don't plan on revamping map04 at the moment. I will add more content to map04 in beta 2.1

Power Levels v2.0.zip

Spoiler

an idea for map21

this map will introduce custom monsters like the plasma marine, rocket marine, and chainsaw marine. this is only a test. as I said, I'm taking a break from mapping. this is only to showcase the new monsters. you will need to use chocolate doom and use the -file and -deh commands in a shortcut to get the monsters to show up.

no. this is NOT a beta. so while you're waiting, you can try to kill all the marines without dying to possibly prepare yourself for the future.

map21.zip

Progress report for map21

this map will have the longest development cycle up to this point. most of that time is spent towards coming up with ideas for rooms, and gathering inspiration. of course, there's also building the rooms themselves. currently, i'm drawing inspiration from No Rest For The Living. the best expansion for doom 2 ever. if you have any cool ideas you want to see implemented in these maps, let me know.

beta 2.1

Marble Fortress update: after a LONG development cycle, and getting inspiration from NRFTL, beta 2.1 is FINALLY released! adds map21 and tweaks enemy placement in map20. also adds custom enemies compatible with chocolate doom.

Power Levels v2.1.zip

Spoiler

beta 2.2

Hell Mines update: this is the longest map I took to develop as of this update. this is also hard. and punishing. just the way I like it. this is the first map with custom music. courtesy of VGmusic.com. the next map will start development in two days.

Power Levels v2.2.zip

the yellow key, for some reason, is only available on UV. this patch will fix it.

Power Levels v2.2 fix.zip

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE LEVEL OF INCREDIBLE POWER!

so, i won't get my laptop back until i can afford the new hard drive. so, to hold you over until that happens, i plan on developing a D4V single map WAD that is built for the D4V mod for doom 2. which is vanilla dos compatible. i will be developing it on my dad's mac. why i can't just use the mac for the power levels?

i dunno...

i guess it's because i have access to windows 10 on my laptop and i originally though the wad i was working on would be intact. that, and i can't right click and left click at the same time on mac.

actually, now that i think about it, i SHOULD continue development on my dad's mac. why didn't i do that before!?

back to this new map. the maps for D4V are not built with the mod in mind. especially not with D4V 2 version 2.

for example, the new weapons added in version 2.0 of D4V are not suited for the maps. i keep dying a lot because of that.

the LEVEL OF INCREDIBLE POWER is a single map built with the mod's weapons and enemies in mind. and the mod is dos compatible.

stay tuned...

Edited by memes4lyfe

So I just opened it up in SLADE, and all I saw were two maps. Will edit post once I'm done playing this WAD.

EDIT: Well, for starters, the maps are generally simple. The blue key in the first map is very close to the corresponding door. In addition, some of the textures were misaligned and there were some odd choices. Map 2 was more of the same, although there were missing textures in one room and an Archvile in another room for no reason. I did see an exit on the automap when I used IDDT, but I couldn't seem to get to it in any way as there didn't seem to be any switches in the other rooms. In short, they're a good start, but I would appreciate if you took my criticism.

1 hour ago, memes4lyfe said:

The best part? it wil be compatible with dosbox.

Er, I don't think it will be vanilla-compatible if there are still missing textures in the final version.

1 hour ago, memes4lyfe said:

i plan on adding a custom menu screen, a custom music track (ripped from metal artists and midi-fied. no copyright infringement intended), and 1 new weapon. at the moment, i don't know how to do those 3 things, but i plan on learning. as long as it doesn't make me type for hours on end.

I'm pretty sure those WILL require you to type for hours on end, unless you have good time management.

Edited by Sgt Nate V

1 hour ago, Sgt Nate V said:

So I just opened it up in SLADE, and all I saw were two maps. Will edit post once I'm done playing this WAD.

EDIT: Well, for starters, the maps are generally simple. The blue key in the first map is very close to the corresponding door. In addition, some of the textures were misaligned and there were some odd choices. Map 2 was more of the same, although there were missing textures in one room and an Archvile in another room for no reason. I did see an exit on the automap when I used IDDT, but I couldn't seem to get to it in any way as there didn't seem to be any switches in the other rooms. In short, they're a good start, but I would appreciate if you took my criticism.

Er, I don't think it will be vanilla-compatible if there are still missing textures in the final version.

I'm pretty sure those WILL require you to type for hours on end, unless you have good time management.

when i added the archvile, i wanted the player to kill it in order to proceed. 2 secret doors would open up. one of the exits were SUPPOSSED to take you to the secret nazi levels, but it only kept taking me to map03. as for the missing textures, i will get on it right away. also, i will make the maps more complex so that they won't be too "simple" and stuff like that.

TO DOOM BUILDER, AWAY!

Glad to see you're getting into the mapping scene. It's a daunting task when you look at it from a glance but break it down and you'll soon see how small the pieces are. :)

Now, here's a few things I need to mention in map design from the two maps I played:

1 - Try not to put the key right next to the corresponding door. Unless you want to tease the player with a key they can't reach, generally keys are a good distance away from the door. (Though don't go too far as it will be quite a boring task re-tracking the map just to get to the key door).

2 - Doors usually never exceed 16-Units in depth. Past 16 units, the door track texture looks really out of place (unless you're making a giant vault door). Also, DOORTRAK is the most common door texture to use o it's sides and you need to set those lines to "Lower Unpegged". This will then stop the textures from moving. (Upper Unpegged should the door be a flooring that lowers).

3 - Take some time to learn the layouts of a DooM map. Sure knowing how John Romero designs his maps are a great source, but without knowledge on how they're laid out then you may end up making awful maps without realising it.

4 - Difficulty. Your wads are for now rather easy (which is to be expected as a 1.0 Beta XD) So learn how fast you should ramp up enemies and where to place them. If your map seems a little hard, is it because there's too many enemies, or not enough health/ammo/armour? Also try testing your map on HNTR, HMP AND UV difficulty to see how they fair in the battle.

5 - Seriously, DON'T get underwhelmed when your map is shunned just because it's not some plutonia 2 mastermind (first overly-detailed mod that came to mind). Not every mapper out there has the talent (or in my case, the will power XD) to design maps that look like they're from modern-day engines. Sometimes a basic DooM-Style map is more fun than one of these "pixel perfect aesthetic" maps. So get out there and enjoy your time!

PS:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/

You could just simply move map to slot 07 for tag666 or put hanged keens somewhere, their deaths should trigger tag666 too. 

2 hours ago, memes4lyfe said:

question: does dosbox support DeHackEd scripts? i read that DeHackED was great for vanilla doom.

dehacked was literally made for the original doom, so yes. but Doom doesn't "support" them, instead you use the Dehacked program to apply the script as a patch to a doom executable.

Another thing I would like would be to tag some sectors as secret sectors. An example would be the chainsaw room in the first map. Not the red key room in the second map though (I see it as kind of dickish to make areas vital to a map's completion secret areas), in fact, change the door texture for it to something more obvious.

6 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Another thing I would like would be to tag some sectors as secret sectors. An example would be the chainsaw room in the first map. Not the red key room in the second map though (I see it as kind of dickish to make areas vital to a map's completion secret areas), in fact, change the door texture for it to something more obvious.

wait, i made it a secret area? D'OH!

7 hours ago, Misty said:

You could just simply move map to slot 07 for tag666 or put hanged keens somewhere, their deaths should trigger tag666 too. 

I'm not sure if that keen trick works for vanilla doom too...

7 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

I remember, that one JPCP map used keen trick for opening stuff around. And mapset was limit removing.

48 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

It works.
Long time ago for vanilla megawad Urania I made a map where you need to destroy the barrels and proceed to opened door (keen is hide behind barrels). Also another map where keen was crushed by ceiling and door reveals cyberdemon (some kind of timed event).

With using of keens and tag666 some interesting progression can be made.

Oh, I see, thanks for the answer!

Yeah, now i recall a Ruba level using that trick in one of his level for vanilla doom

If I could add my 2 cents, while killing a monster to activate something in Doom is technically possible with some Dehacked work, it's not really something the engine supports in any general sense. In the original game it only happens in very specific situations that are kind of a pain to work with. 

If I were you, I would not attempt to design my maps around using it as a mechanic. Most Doom wads don't, even the most extensive (as a recent example, Eviternity doesn't do this once).

Instead, familiarize yourself with what the vanilla Doom engine is set up to achieve, and focus on making the best of those features. 

Powerful stuff.  Map01 exit door broke (skulltag), Couldn't exit map02, and a BFG at the start of map03 with about 1000 cells would have been hilarious

for map02, you need zandronum because it supports DeHacked scripts. also, i made these maps with the chaingun in mind, because it fires really fast and can take down entire hordes of enemies at once. currently working on a patch to make the map compatible with all source ports.

Alright! Let's give this a try! I'll leave feedback and images in spoilers for your convenience.

Map01:

Spoiler

image.png.0529ee16d9b9832de98677bce26749b9.png

The cutest goddamned sector desk ever. Also, the door in this room is not lower unpegged, is this intentional? also the allignment is a bit off, I would recommend doortrak instead of that support texture.

image.png.deb612664b44644d2bac650c0c193833.png

This door texture is not aligned, you can adjust this in visual mode by using the arrow keys to move the texture to it's desired location, or you can right click it in visual mode, or the linedef in normal view and change the x and y offsets to 0.

image.png.bfc5099b27e877812381ee36b0781cf1.png

In order to make the textures not slide up with the wall you have to right click the linedef and check the box that says lower unpegged, or upper unpegged if something is raising from the ground. Also I was a bit confused by that black box texture being used as a door.

image.png.568b4b1b91d47580ea39a0eb6b8f41e8.png

And that's the first map! There was nothing broken, but there were lots of alignment issues, that wouldn't be too difficult to fix. There weren't any monster closets or backtracking the action was very straightforward with not a lot in the way of options. I did like how the rooms were shaped, not every room was a box. I would have also appreciated more height variation.

Map02:

Spoiler

image.png.56261aab700540335e520899efeb7e9b.png

Just a small nitpick, I don't like that this sludge damages me, I would prefer if it's nukage or lava. This isn't a big deal as long as it's consistent throughout the WAD tho.

image.png.0ff53774c5355e17d8ace9bad2082e33.png

Yet more strange textures being used as doors. To your average player this will be confusing and it seems more like a mandatory secret.

image.png.8a9c4c8701e023f0911f15a37fdf07e3.png

Archvile already? That was fast, haven't even seen a revenant yet! (this isn't a complaint, I just thought it was noteworthy that the first higher tier monster in the wad is an Archvile) Also the keen in the room is very out of place. I would have used a switch instead, because having to kill poor commander keen has no real purpose because there's only one of them. And with that, this map is over as well. This was a small step up from the first map, however that hallway full of zombiemen, imps, and chaingunners was rather poor. It was a small cramped hallway and none of the monster posed any threat, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Map03:

Spoiler

image.png.bcc765a244e5df1046433ffe9fa3e989.png

This intro is definitely more interesting than the others, makes me wonder why I might need a super charge.

image.png.4bccbfca436219a18dc48df0a585f471.png

Oh.

image.png.0777712b73caeabc6a1667f648d8aaf9.png

This whole hallway is just filled with shotgunners. It's actually a little ridiculous. It's not very difficult given the supercharge, but it's also not interesting whatsoever. It's like you took the worst part of map02 and stretched it out. I like how you're in some sort of Hell nest à la alien. But the contents within are just uninteresting.

image.png.9efd0841c4224d69436821de02dac1f1.png

Hmm. It seems these midtextures are going through the floor, it appears you did not test this in PRBoom, which is completely okay, but this is actually an easy fix. Make a small box outside the cages, like 8 pixels around it, and make it 1 single like level lower (for instance, from 180 to 181) this will make it so it does not show through the floor like it does here. Now, about this room, this is actually a bit more interesting, the player is fighting other enemies while the Hell Knight snipe you, you can even lead their shots into the imps. How fun!

Finally: I'm playing on Hurt Me Plenty and it looks like you accidentally set the blue key so that it only shows up in UV.

image.png.ac59a67a2afeb5198276fb3cd7d63510.png

Pls fix. I had to noclip to exit.

Map04:

Spoiler

image.png.79601ad26623271bc3e074942c5b0f2d.png

YAY! Outside! And a higher ceiling! Finally! Though it does appear the groundskeeper mowed the grass a bit too much in that little patch in the center.

image.png.d37b77bd1d4fade43d67c8bc282619fa.png

You know what would be cool? After you flip that switch, you turn around and suddenly the walls have been lowered and you're surrounded by demons!

There isn't much of a finale you just kill a caco demon flip a switch, which doesn't choreograph what it does very well search for the exit switch and leave. However, this is probably the best map, there's actually some height variations and even a neat rising staircase. 

Alright, now that I'm finished I wanted to say, welcome to doom mapping! Though all these maps feel very "myfirstwad.wad" to me, there is a noticeable improvement over the course of the 4 maps (except 3, that one's the worst of the set). It's great to see another new face in mapping, and I hope you continue to map because you're definitely making progress! I have some advice though. Read up on, or watch a video about John Romero's level design principles in the original Doom, they're actually very helpful for a beginner. Also, download a few of the best WADs of all time, (I'd start with Scythe, Valiant, and Eviternity) and study their layouts. All of your maps are very linear and don't give the player much freedom, for instance, you almost always find keys right next to the door they go to, instead of having to go down a different path to grab the key. Anyway, I had fun playing your maps, I'm always interested in early mappers' creations. Hope this helped!

here is my mindset for the maps in The Power Levels. the reason map03 is a long hallway with  monsters everywhere is because i wanted the player to use the chaingun more often, and rely on downed enemies more ammunition. and personally, i love it when you mow down entire hordes of enemies. i thought it would be really fun to just pull a "robotron 2084" and have you move and shoot in all directions. but that might have not been the best choice. i'll try to remove some enemies in the demon intestine. when i was making the starting area in map03 i was thinking "ok, i need a structure. because i did nothing like that yet" and the hallway was added when i realized i needed to extend the level some more. unfortunately, i have trouble judging the size in linedef mode, so it came out a little small, so i made the start bigger and added the hallway with grunts, because i liked the demon hall in map02. it was late at night, so i didn't bother with textures and stuff. i added intestine textures when i thought "i'm done with sci-fi, i need hell scenery" and so i added them into the revenant room. i also made them look like the flesh pillars in ep3 in doom because i thought it would look cool. then i added red textures because i thought it would be cool. and made it scroll simply because. i then thought, "the key is too easy to get, so i'll add in a room" and then i thought "what should i put here? i know! cages! with barons in them!" so i looked up how to make cages (after a failed attempt) and put hell knights in them to contain them. on hard mode, they would be replaced with barons of hell. i added in imps to add variety and pickups to be fair. i even hid mega-armor in the same room so you could stand a chance. then i put in marble textures because it was cool. the mancubus was to add difficulty, but when testing the map, it was easy, because of the rocket launcher. the hallway in map02 was just a lazy way for me to extend the key hunt. i'm sorry. the archvile was added to make the map harder, because i thought that the last map was too easy. to proceed, the player would have to kill the archvile, so i asked here on doomworld how to do scripting, and after many failed attempts at scripting, it worked. for a while. for some reason, the script stopped working, so i added commander keen to fill the role of the archvile. i added the two boxes in the sewer to make the archvile room more fair. and the first level. originally, this map pack was suppossed to be a guide for me to better make detailed maps for quake in trenchbroom. that's why there's a desk there. to add detail. i wanted it to be dark, with the light flickering on the desk, so i did that. the blue key was supposed to be on a pillar that the player would interact with to lower, but i couldn't get it to work. i let the player see outside, because all the good maps in doom do that. the chaingunner was supposed to make the level harder, and the shotgun sergeant replaced a shotgun because i thought that it would be cool if you had to steal a shotgun off a sergeant. the chainsaw was just a lazy secret, and the blue room with the pinky was supposed to be the end (before the decision to make an outdoor area). the black door was because i wanted a switch to be the door, but the texture wouldn't change, so i just made it black. because it was a different texture, i thought the player would realize it was a door. same reason for the doors in map02. the chaingunner was also just to add difficulty. on hard, it would be replaced with a hell knight. i put in a secret lift to access a powerup, but for some reason, it would crash in dosbox, but not zandronum. it's getting late. i'll tell you how map04 was made later. until then, i will address the issues you had with my pack. after all, i want it to exceed Master Levels in terms of greatness.

BTW, anybody have any ideas for designs for future maps?

Two more maps in barely 3 days? Just as a heads up you really shouldn't pump out maps that fast unless you're competent at making maps. Try cleaning up your maps before releasing maps 5 and 6. Not only that but here's another advice from me:

Check texture alignments. If textures are miss-aligned that the quality of the map will tank fast. Not only that but doors should NEVER have its' texture wrap. All big doors (minus 2 of them) are 128x128 in size. All medium doors are 64x128 and all small doors are 64x72.

Also when texturing for locked doors, don't do the rookie mistake and use the DORLOCK2 or DORLOCK1 texture for the actual door. It just looks lazy.

Now for Map 03:

That tunnel. Basic, bland and full of shotgunners. Spam the super shotty and you're good to go.

Map 04:

Since the switch for the exit  is outside you can activate it prematurely (in some engines).

to be fair, some textures ARE misaligned in doom and the doors are lower unpegged. it wasnt the intention, but it kinda adds authenticity to it. i have school this week, so development will be slowed. in the meantime, i need to learn how to make my levels bigger.

as for map03, how can i fix the hallway? i cant waste a perfectly bad hallway with intestines. should i remove some enemies and add more rooms? should i add an outside area? what can i do? i still want the player to keep their finger firmly pressed on the fire button, without frustrating them. mabyi should replace the grunts with fewer but tougher demons.