Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maser

What Enemy Makes You Most Vocal?

Chaingunners that pelt you from obscure locations. I'm currently playing through Plutonia. F$*# those guys.

Whenever I encounter a Cybie on a modern map: "Oh for fuck's sake, there's ANOTHER one?"

Nothing even compares to chaingunners, Especially the way they are placed 90% of the time especially if you don't have blue armor. No other monster has less counter-play than these pieces of shit, especially when playing blind and trying to get as far as possible in 1 life.

Lost Souls listlessly looming in my line of sight as soon as I launch rockets. You’re firing into a clear opening then suddenly one of your rockets explodes right in your face. You always know it was one of those dopey cunts just slowly lingering until the exact right moment.

A few monsters really

archvile: "AHUDbJDNSjkbawd hmhaahaaaaaa"
me: ...
archvile: *does something*
other monster: *rises back up from the dead*
me: "UGHGUGHUAGHSJUGHU FUCK OFF YOU SLIMY BAG OF TITS"

one demon: snort snort
me: "awww how cute"
then a crowd of demons pops up
crowd of demons: SNORT SNORT SNORT SNORT SNORT SNORT NOM NOM NOM SNORT
me: "HASGHAGSDHGADHGASHDGHUSAGDSGAHGADHASGDHGSA FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK GO BACK GO BACK GO BACK TO HELL YOU ASSHOLEIANS!"

me: "what's that" *I see what appears to be an arachnotron from far away* "well that's cute, he wants to be like his mom!"
me: *5 minutes later* "FUCK, HE IS HIS MOM!"

Hitscanners, usually chaingunners, hitting me but unable to pinpoint where I took damage right away.

The Bruiser in Doom 3 ROE is just an unfair damage spammer and health tank that they obviously don't want you fighting fairly so you just abuse the OP artifact. Bleh!

Oh yeah, and the Imp's super fireball and Possessed Soldier's super argent ball when they make contact, for popcorn enemies they sure can deal a ridiculous amount of damage.

19 hours ago, Rampy470 said:

I tend to yell "just fucking die already" at lost souls because sweet Jesus those things just will not die sometimes.

They have way too much health compared to their size. It is deceiving...

1 hour ago, VGA said:

They're almost as bad as the kamikaze drones from Duke3D.

Almost.

Bloody Lost Souls. They’re never not annoying, have too many HP, and frequently cause rocket-related accidents. Also when you think you’ve cleared a load of them, but there’s one lurking somewhere behind you to chip off a bit more of your health.

For everyone who says lost souls what about the Pain Elemental? The name of the enemy is definitely the description of the monster, pain! They are truly annoying as hell.

When recording pacifist demos, the zombiemen (former humans), oddly enough. When planning a route, you tend to assume that an easy way to deal with a swarm of them in your path is just to run at them: they'll either stumble out of the way, kill each other SWANT-style or get taken out by other monsters firing at the player. When that doesn't happen, or it happens too slowly, it gets very annoying.

For Vanilla Doom:

-Archviles

-Revenants

-Lost Souls

-Pain Elementals

-Cyberdemons/SpiderMasterminds

When it comes to mods however..

-The 2017 version of AliensTC has an absolutely terrifying XenoMorph. My first run in with them, I expected it, but didn't expect there to be so much of them at once. Didn't get vocal like a sailor, but more like a bunch of "aah" and "hmpuh!" mixed in with my constant talking to myself, with my weird outer monologue.

And sometimes I stop talking and end up silent, rushing through a stage, annihilating (almost) every enemy in my way.

Oh yeah this post is about enemies that cause a reaction dafaq am I talking about.

Arch Viles. especially opening a door, and seeing them clap thier hands together. "C'mon dude..."

12 hours ago, Rhebiz said:

For everyone who says lost souls what about the Pain Elemental? The name of the enemy is definitely the description of the monster, pain! They are truly annoying as hell.

This is very true, but then again they're only annoying because they're a vector for more damn Lost Souls. Definitely the foremost "kill it immediately" enemy though, alongside Arch-viles of course. Imagine how annoying it would be if Viles could resurrect Pain Elementals...

Imps not dying to 1 shotgun blast or even 2.

Depending on how many Lost Souls I have to fight, then...Lost Souls.

Pinkies not dying to a SSG blast right when you have other pinkies around you munching you.

Cacodemons managing to do that 2 quick plasma/fireball/whatever attack right when you are close to them and switching weapons.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, pulkmees said:

Imps not dying to 1 shotgun blast or even 2.

Depending on how many Lost Souls I have to fight, then...Lost Souls.

Pinkies not dying to a SSG blast right when you have other pinkies around you munching you.

Cacodemons managing to do that 2 quick plasma/fireball/whatever attack right when you are close to them and switching weapons.

GOD yes!  Frickin imps that survive multiple shotgun blasts!  Like, you get this overwhelming sense of aggravation over the waste of ammo when that happens!  I've had imps survive four and five blasts, because right at the last second, they turn on just that random tangent and you get them only with the edge of your blast.  That makes my brow draw downwards in consternation every time it happens!  They're imps!  They need to die fast!  Quit wasting my ammo!

And yes.  Lost Souls.  Another ammo-sponge and they're just plain annoying otherwise.

And as to Pinkies...

Just who the frick made that weird green nightmare pinkie?  It's fast as hell and it has as many if not more hitpoints that the Hell Knight.  The person who made them needs to be lynched!  And they're all over Eviternity!

Cacodemons and the plasma rifle...

Will you just float still and let all of my plasma bolts hit you already?!

1 minute ago, Barefootstallion said:

GOD yes!  Frickin imps that survive multiple shotgun blasts!  Like, you get this overwhelming sense of aggravation over the waste of ammo when that happens!  I've had imps survive four and five blasts, because right at the last second, they turn on just that random tangent and you get them only with the edge of your blast.  That makes my brow draw downwards in consternation every time it happens!  They're imps!  They need to die fast!  Quit wasting my ammo!

Just who the frick made that weird green nightmare pinkie?  It's fast as hell and it has as many if not more hitpoints that the Hell Knight.  The person who made them needs to be lynched!  And they're all over Eviternity!

That's what the pistol's for, recognize it as your backup weapon when finishing off mortally wounded opponents.

The Nightmare Demon in Eviternity appears to have the same amount of hitpoints as the Nightmare Spectre in PSX Doom which is Revenant strength (300), twice that of the regular pinky. Honestly they're not that bad, pinkies on -fast are far more terrifying.

Normally Arch-Viles make me the most vocal, but I was just playing Eviternity and 2 Arch-Viles came out of the room after I defeated 4 Cyber Demons.  I about screamed.

10 minutes ago, StainlessSteel said:

Normally Arch-Viles make me the most vocal, but I was just playing Eviternity and 2 Arch-Viles came out of the room after I defeated 4 Cyber Demons.  I about screamed.

Now I have to check this out.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:45 PM, Barefootstallion said:

That reminds me of a member whose custom title was "a shell, an imp". I don't remember his name, but I'm sure he strongly agrees with you.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:17 AM, VGA said:

Agreed. They should be popped off with a single pistol shot like a balloon. But oh no, 2 blasts from the shotgun, like really???

1 hour ago, Korozive said:

Agreed. They should be popped off with a single pistol shot like a balloon. But oh no, 2 blasts from the shotgun, like really???

You getting snarky with me BOOOIIII?

The lost soul has *more* health than an imp and a sergeant combined.

On 3/9/2019 at 11:45 AM, Barefootstallion said:

They seem extremely dangerous, but they are not that bad once u get used to them. They are actually the least dangerous of the new monsters featured in Eviternity.

12 hours ago, StainlessSteel said:

Let me guess. Its Eviternity's map 24 right? On UV, there are actually 4 arch-viles after u kill the cyberdemons.

12 hours ago, H3XM0D said:

Now I have to check this out.

U will not be disappointed.