Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

DOOM: Annihilation - the new Doom movie

Who seriously gives a fuck?

If you don't like it be an adult and move on. Or keep acting like an entitled brat and lose internet points, your game not mine.

Gonna agree on the new consensus, 60 minute long "Fight Like Hell" has no purpose, go play DOOM 2016 and quit being on autopilot for fuck's sake.

I know Hugo and Marty are big movie fans. I bet they're recoiling in horror at the sight of this.

I feel the need to point out again that first impressions matter. A bad first impression sticks with people for a long time. Is this right? I don't know, I mean we're always trying to tell people not to judge books by their covers, which is understandable, but it's human nature. And hey, it's the goal of the cover to try to get you interested in the first place. I don't exactly expect to read and enjoy War and Peace if it's cover happened to just be an immensely detailed drawing of a pile of shit. It might be a great novel, but why the fuck is the cover a piece of shit?

30 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

The actress is also quite attractive but they made her ugly in the movie. Now I know she's a marine and all but Ripley was hot in Aliens so there is no excuse.

'I find it difficult to fap to these trailer clips in the same way I do to my Aliens poster. Get with the program Tony, you fucking hack fraud.'

13 minutes ago, Caffeine Freak said:

'I find it difficult to fap to these trailer clips in the same way I do to my Aliens poster. Get with the program Tony, you fucking hack fraud.'

There's no need to make her unappealing on top of being weak-looking. At the very least she should look like she would be able to do her job as a soldier.

1 hour ago, SaladBadger said:

I feel the need to point out again that first impressions matter. A bad first impression sticks with people for a long time. Is this right? I don't know, I mean we're always trying to tell people not to judge books by their covers, which is understandable, but it's human nature. And hey, it's the goal of the cover to try to get you interested in the first place. I don't exactly expect to read and enjoy War and Peace if it's cover happened to just be an immensely detailed drawing of a pile of shit. It might be a great novel, but why the fuck is the cover a piece of shit?

Agreed here. I'm still going to see it because, well, a 30sec trailer doesn't tell you everything about the movie, but it does leave a first impression on the viewer, and I found it very underwhelming.

Maybe I simply had unrealistic expectations? Let's say that's entirely possible.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who used to live in a cave :)

Regarding the movie trailer, I see Nina Bergman's character will be turned into a zombie and I really love that scene when the Joan says: Move out! It's so funny

This from PCGamer.

I get a kick out of this quote at the end of the article. " I don't want to judge prematurely, but I think that "Die, die, die," delivered with all the emotional commitment of super-sizing your order at the drive-through, could become the cinematic equivalent of "rip and tear." (The Rip and Tear refers to the DOOM comic.)

Alas, if anything, it is starting to garner some attention. I guess we will just have to wait and see won't we.

Edited by Korozive : afterthought.

Fancy plastic everywhere... Jeez, look at 1979 Alien and compare to this... Don't remember when I last saw that extremely cheap decorations like this.

Edited by Reinchard

The trailer was exactly what I'd expected because it showed exactly what they were aiming to make: a shlocky straight to DVD b-movie that more or less is a mix of the doom novels and the synopsis from the original game's storylines.  Just how exactly did people think that would turn out?  It was going to be dripping with cheese no matter what.

2 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Oh the HORROR!! \o/ I doubt I will ever unsee this.

11 hours ago, NBH said:

It's strange how the internet is bashing the new doom teaser. Yet the resident evil movies were wildly successful and people hated those as well. Haters gonna hate i guess

Ye how dare people hate resident evil movies. The adaption with the writers fanfic original character as the main hero with all these and more:

Spoiler

1) Infinite strength and speed

2) Telekinesis

3) Immune to all the deadly viruses because why not

4) So perfect they spent a movie about cloning infinite copies of her

5) Better with guns than everyone and their mom, never learned to use one

6) can wallrun like a ninja

7) Has spiderman's spider senses

8) Can sneak on a licker, a character that sees through sound\echolocates.. while driving a motor bike

9) Hits said licker with the bike and sends him AND the bike flying 90 degree into the air, physics manipulation or 4D physic skills!!

10) shoots said bike and causes it to explode midair, while it is still moving

11) can manipulate freaking fire,no telekinesis doesn't cause fire to magically spread like a wild fire

12) ALWAYS arrive at the perfect moment to save her completely useless and stupid friends

13) Has more power of friendship than anime characters

14) the actress can't act for shit

15) who cares about her acting just take nonstop shots of her from all angles will make up for it

16) She is the cure!! TM

She is a damn anime fanfic character as the main heroine of a horror movie. just what the hell hahahahaha. Doesn't help how useless and stupid most of the people she ever meets are, even the ones who managed to survive several infestations somehow. Most of the original series characters die to the dumbest stuff while at it. All much better written characters than the stuff in the movie, usually die to a stupid random zombie or die completely outside the movie and never appear in the next one.. Leon, Jill and Ada all dies to a stupid blob wannabe creature https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Melange in a novelthat evaporates after killing him.

That series is the reason many people don't take game-based movies even with a grin of salt. I admit they are fun to see.. but they are fun to watch as shitty movies with some hilarious dumb stuff, which has absolutely no need to be based off a game series that it shares almost nothing with; Not because they are good movies. (And am sure a lot of people watch it just because they have a crush on the main actress; hence all the nonstop fanservice) 

Edited by Pegg

8 minutes ago, Jaxxoon R said:

This looks like it could be funny.

It's already funny. So many people are worrying about some movie called "DOOM". Few posts made me laugh.

57 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

It's already funny. So many people are worrying about some movie called "DOOM". Few posts made me laugh.

Lots of people are fans of the game so go figure.

5 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Finally decided to sign up for the Doomworld forums, having spent the last few years just reading through it for the latest Same thing goes for the folks complaining  that she doesn't look buff enough/ like a proper marine. I fail to see how we have, for years, been totally cool with female characters like Hunter, Ginny, Athena, or non-id types like Joanna Dark or, heck, Lara Freakin' Croft, but suddenly, THIS is crossing the line. To single this one out as being a massive strike on the film is really nitpicking... Frankly, at this rate I'm surprised no one has started picking on the font for not using the classic colors. 

I don't know if the skepticism over her physical capabilities has more to do with her specific physique, or with the way it's all conveyed in the trailer, but here, I agree with Doom_RO's assessment that she really doesn't seem capable of the job. Now, there's a way around such realistic limitations. If you're good enough with your filming techniques, you can make certain things seem pretty believable. Even though I feel this example has been used to death already, take Ripley in 'Aliens'. The 'these people are dead, Burke' part has never struck me as unbelievable. Same goes for the way she operates the guns. Or as another example, take 'Live Free or Die Hard' where the kung-fu chick tosses the computer geek around like a little bitch. It was believable, partly because that actress is a trained martial artist and told the guy to actually try to hit her. So, with a combination of good acting, training and effective filmmaking techniques, you can make the physical limitations of an actress seem like they aren't even there.

But here? I mean, she throws this guy against a wall when she's six inches shorter than him and easily 50 pounds lighter, and yeah, I didn't buy it. Like I've said, there's a way to make these sorts of things more believable in movies, but when that isn't taken into account, then there comes a certain point where your mind just screams 'bullshit' at you.

I took a film class years ago, have been shooting video since 2006, have worked on indie films and recently documented a local horror/action movie. Let me tell you that filmmaking is extremely difficult and time consuming. The dismissive attitude some of you have taken is just plain bratty. Even the original Doom movie, flawed as it is, took an enormous amount of effort to complete. 

1402311290_Untitled2.png.cae46d7381fba65f77267a0f8b88ff3d.png

The BD Horror trailer has been out for 24 hours.  6.666...% of the ratings so far are positive.

The movie looks cheap and ridiculous (how is she even carrying a gun that big?), but it is a direct-to-video film; some people's expectations were obviously too high.  The YouTube comments that say stuff like "SJW diversity propaganda" are stupid, though.

54 minutes ago, MaxTrevors said:

Jesus christ thist thread lol. None of you deserve even a decent DOOM movie.

We're not getting it either way.

1 hour ago, Caffeine Freak said:

I don't know if the skepticism over her physical capabilities has more to do with her specific physique.

It's both. She looks like a delicate flower you see in romcoms. Considering the crazy shit you do in the games, she's totally inappropriate.

If you really want a female soldier in such a role then this kind of girl is much more suitable. But really, that's the LEAST of the movie's problem. It's just one of many problems you can see just from the trailer.

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Lots of people are fans of the game so go figure.

Exactly, the GAME. But you worry about movie lol.

Suppose you're a low budget film that can't afford fancy armor or environments.

Why not at least take what you have to work with and put the effort into building a compelling story around it?