Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DukeOfDoom

Nightmare Asylum

Last July I made a map for Doom 2.

Name: Nightmare Asylum;

Plot: There was a distress signal from Crostville Asylum in New Mexico. You are assigned there as a special forces agent. You need to find and destroy the source of evil. Nothing else actually.

Port: Made with GZDoom Builder, tested on GZDoom. Yet the format is limit-removing.

MAP: MAP01;

IWAD: DOOM2.WAD

Textures: Standard;

Music: A track from the first Doom.

Difficulty: Yes;

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xvZAyzsDO8F4v_jignCrqtL2ShWhbJYg/view

Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_184104.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_184122.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_184250.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_184806.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_184925.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_185035.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_185058.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_185731.png

Edited by DukeOfDoom

Yeah not bad, had a fair bit of fun with this, ammo and health are more than generous and I died in a couple of daft ways.  Feels really oldschool.

Few monsters didn't warp in, so I had to go wake em up myself!

Exit area is unescapable, denying the player the choice to go explore if they feel like it, maybe add a tele down there back to the start area

Nice one

(video randomly starts about 6 mins in, no need for this, not sure how it happened)

Pretty good map overall. The layout is good yet some places felt bit claustrophobic to me, like the lift to blue key where i didn't expect quite strong imp jumpscare :D Gameplay was very nicely challenging and balanced but i think more ammo would be only for good but other than that it was really nice with lots of medikit which i allways aprecited a lot since i going low on health guite offten heh. The whole map gave some good oldschool feel which was really nice.

I saw the headline and I was going to ask if it was based on the ALIENS comic series.

7 hours ago, dugan said:

I saw the headline and I was going to ask if it was based on the ALIENS comic series.

Yeah, this is a shout-out to exactly that comic.