Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ricki

Introducing myself.

hi, my name is Ricki and i have been visiting this site for years but have never posted on the message boards. I am a huge fan of the original Doom games and few of us have recently got quite alot people interested in playing classic doom online in Australia. It's been great fun, we've had some good deathmatches. Anyway, this post is just to introduce myself and say "Hi". I can't wait for Doom 3 to come out, i think it will be awesome. Also, I was wondering what ports you guys use when you play Doom? I've been playing with jDoom and i think that would have to be the best port for Doom so far.

Hi. I'm the nazi dominatrix turbo slut that keeps all the incredible lameness that infests this place at bay. Obey the rules and don't post stupid crap that's A) been posted already recently, B) doesn't belong in this forum or is in the wrong section of the forum, or C) nobody cares about, and we'll get along fine.

Although, while we're on the topic, I'd just like to say that I'm really getting tired of having to cut and paste this response into all of the "omg hai look i m noob 2 intarweb plz tlk 2 me lol" threads. Even if some of them (this one, for instance) are worded slightly more intelligently than that, it's quite irritating to spy a new name on the forums listing, only to find out it's a "new to the forum" post.

Also, nothing marks you as a newbie faster than going "hi I'm new". Duh.

Anyway, don't take this personally, Ricki, welcome to the forum and I'm sure we're glad to have you. I'm just being angsty and irritated.

I guess I'd better introduce myself too. I played for a couple of years on Ide, but I never got into the community when I played. I haven't been playing lately because of school, but now that I have the time, I want to get into the community and start playing Doom again.

Panther said:

I guess I'd better introduce myself too. I played for a couple of years on Ide, but I never got into the community when I played. I haven't been playing lately because of school, but now that I have the time, I want to get into the community and start playing Doom again.

That's very kind of you not to start a thread just to introduce you. You start with a plus ;)

Hmm... That gives me an idea, although it's a silly one. Maybe someone could start a thread (possibly stuck at the top) for the sole purpose of giving newcomers somewhere where they could introde themselves.

The only down side is that it may not stop some people from creating new ones.

Howdy-ho, This is DOOM Anomaly and it says hi. DOOM Anomaly is very annoying and may not be here for much longer, lucky you. ;) DOOM Anomaly spams, trolls and lurks on these forums, and is intended to annoy whom ever exists in the path of its wrath. However it is intended to cool down sometime soon, so keep your hopes up. So, Hiya, and welcome, if you dare...

oh and btw, this is moretheless a spam post, so ya, just an example, heh.:D

And below...is BBG's Wordpad Copy + Paste welcome message, heh.
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
V V V

[bbg]Ricki[/bbg]

And below...is BBG's Wordpad Copy + Paste welcome message, heh.

It was, until Ling added a new vbcode for me :).

Yo, welcome to the doomworld forums mate (no, I'm not Australian).

I am the Lord of the Fishies aka dsm. I'm a Doom Zealot, Intolerant freak and Moderator of the two Doom 3 forums and the fan fics/pics forum.

Have a nice stay, I hope it's gonna be a good one :-)

Heh, welcome to our doomy abode. I am your host, Mr. Foxfish, the cookie fiend. ["THE_VOICE"]Sacrifice your cookies to me mortal.["/THE_VOICE"] :P

The Reverend Julian said:

You start with a plus ;)

Since when did we have karma ratings? If they're hidden, then I'm in deep shit. :P

Useless shit:
Don't mind Kat, she's like that with everyone. :P
Doom Anomaly is our budding spammer, ignore him. :P
THE VOICE is a bit of a tribute to DUNE. :)
If I piss you off, don't take it personally. It's my nature.

hi,

Im new to all this. I hve been playing doom for four years now. I dident know doom
on the net was so huge. what port do you all use?

ravage said:

Vujà Dé. :P

Yeah, butcher french. Way to lower your hidden karma pool :P

Nitpicky about your own language are we? :-P

I have no probs with french. I just cant learn it too well. I'm having problems with my native lang as you can see. Oh, and WHERE ARE YOU HIDING TEH POOL!?!? I have no idea. :P

Oh come on, English is butchered far more than French is on these forums :P

Archvile46 said:

Oh come on, English is butchered far more than French is on these forums :P

Do I sense a direct attack :P

ravage said:

I have no probs with french. I just cant learn it too well. I'm having problems with my native lang as you can see. Oh, and WHERE ARE YOU HIDING TEH POOL!?!? I have no idea. :P

KARMA POOLS
A character's Karma Pool reflects his or her accumulated "luck." Generally, Karma Pool Points give more experienced characters an advantage over less experiences characters with the same levels of ability, lending support to the maxim, "Age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time." The bottom line is that Karma Pool is the stuff that pulls your hoop out of the fire.
- Shadowrun, third edition, p.246

Heh, Shadowrun. I never played the actual game but I used to always buy those animal books cause I always thought those weirdass animals were pretty cool. The SNES game rocks as well, it's definitely up there.

Archvile46 said:

Heh, Shadowrun. I never played the actual game but I used to always buy those animal books cause I always thought those weirdass animals were pretty cool. The SNES game rocks as well, it's definitely up there.

Shadowrun is one of the best pen&paper rpg I ever played to.

Shadowrun is one of the best pen&paper rpg I ever played to.

Yeah, my cousins used to play it, that's how I got introduced to the books.

Damn, where's my plus...I made my entrance as quiet as a church mouse, in fact nobody knew me when i made my first real posts, which were legitimate questiona and only little faith answered them! ha

Hmm... my name's Rick, and I'm Aussie as well. Coincidence?

Uh, yeah. Welcome to the Doomworld forums. Just don't piss off the moderators or admins, remain on topic, and everything will be just peachy. Here's some links to get you started.

DoomSearch browses the idgames archive for wads of any kind, to save you the hassle of searching by hand. Think of it as Google with more blood.

ZDaemon eats IDE's children.

And some cool mods fer ya...

WolfenDoom is the original Wolfenstein2Doom conversion, and arguably the best. Some awesome gameplay and effects. Operation Arctic Wolf Remix should hopefully be released by the end of the year, so, yeah.

Immoral Conduct isn't just a weapons mod, it's THE weapons mod. There are two versions, an 8-weapon Dehacked version for Zdoom, Legacy and their offshoots, and a 40+ weapon DDF Special Edition for EDGE, some of the effects in which are the best Doom has ever seen. Gun Turrets anyone?

Goldeneye Doom2 is a project to port Rareware's classic N64 FPS Goldeneye 007 to the Doom2 engine. The EDGE DDF version is the first mod to fake a drivable vehicle, with the Soviet Tank.

and another nice site:

Green Pile has some nice Doom art and a cool comic strip.

Enjoy your stay!