Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ermin

Final Fantasy 7 Style combat (Prototype - combat demo)

What type of combat do you prefer?  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Combat Choice

• Turn Based Combat (FF10)
    • Time Based Combat (FF7)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/19 at 11:00 PM

Heres a very early demonstration of Final fantasy 7 style gameplay.
Featuring similar style model design, dynamic camera and eventually the actual combat. At the moment, the move sets are not ready so i haven't included any real fighting or motion, but im hoping by the end of the month il have something solid to showoff. And sadly models dont receive ambient occlusion apparently so everything looks flat.

I dont know what combat style you would prefer to see more, personally i like FF10 turn based over time based. But you guys can decide which would be better suited.

Edited by Ermin

Since this is a tech demo featuring FF7 features in Doom, I think the combat should be the original game's combat, not FF10's.

UPDATE 2

World map, training area and menu updated. Gona start work on character selection and switching positions.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:58 AM, Ermin said:

UPDATE 2

World map, training area and menu updated. Gona start work on character selection and switching positions.

So is this gonna be an actual Final Fantasy TC?

21 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

So is this gonna be an actual Final Fantasy TC?

Eventually.
Right now im just experimenting with the idea while on a small break from my other stuff.
I wouldnt dare attempt making a RPG game unless i had at least a solid 10+hrs worth of game play.

Im sorry to say but im afraid this is far as ill be able to take it, its way harder than i imagined. Far to many variables to take into account, its beyond my abilities. Im prepared to source this out to anyone able to make a functioning code for the turn based combat FF7 style. I would be willing to pay a fair amount, but thats up for debate. PM me if your interested.
If not then i hope someday someone brings true turn based strategy to doom.

Heres footage demonstrating as far as i could take it. Maybe il have better luck next time.

I manage to get some degree of turn based combat, but a much simplified version. The combat is set on auto pilot and the characters move themselfs.
This is about the close as i could get to turn based combat.