Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

DOOM: Annihilation - the new Doom movie

Women have purposely conspired to infiltrate and ruin the Doom franchise since its very inception. Want proof? Look at a cacodemon from behind.

Does that demon look like a man to you? I think not!

I'm still gonna see it, but for entirely different reasons than I had before I saw the trailer. Cheap and nasty does not mean bad, of course, and the movie's straight-to-video nature means that it can only ever be entertaining trash at best. Frankly, that's all I want from a DOOM movie, and I enjoy a bit of cringe from time to time.

As for the female lead, all of the negativity could easily be dispelled with one line:

"RRTS SPECIAL OPS CLEARANCE VERIFIED. HANDLE ID: CRASH."

Meh, it looks pretty bad. 

That said living in the UK at the moment means that outrage is probably an emotion I am unable to feel anymore. Casual regret of entering political discussions elsewhere....

31 minutes ago, scalliano said:

As for the female lead, all of the negativity could easily be dispelled with one line:

Exactly my thoughts. Have a doomguy be a side character doing his thing, have a female lead that in the course of the movie become Crash and make her badass.

(Side stories worked quite well for video games like Half Life, it could work well with movies too I feel.)

If they need more story based movie, just use Doom 3 setting, you can have more characters and story that way. Even though people mosty dont´t like Doom 3, for a straight to DVD movie it would be quite a nice fit due to already low expectations.

but here's hoping at least we have someone named Flynn Taggart or Arlene.

Here's one thing I never got, why do people care about the characters from those awful books at all? The Doom comic is bad but had joke value before people got all hm haha brutal about it

ANNTHILATION

Thi Barret confirmed?????????

2 hours ago, Quasar said:

Dunno. It's one area they're evidently not skimping in. The composer who's working on it isn't a huge name but he has literal *tons* of work and has won an Emmy. I listened to some of his stuff on YouTube.

Budget, non-catchy Two Steps From Hell knockoff :D

image.png

LOL

Edited by VGA

10 minutes ago, Shawny said:

If they need more story based movie, just use Doom 3 setting, you can have more characters and story that way. Even though people mosty dont´t like Doom 3, for a straight to DVD movie it would be quite a nice fit due to already low expectations.

Agreed. As divisive as D3 might be among the community, it's the perfect candidate for a story-focused movie.

7 minutes ago, VGA said:

Budget Two Steps From Hell knockoff :D

Thanks for convincing me there's no point in further discussing ANYTHING about this.

16 minutes ago, Quasar said:

Thanks for convincing me there's no point in further discussing ANYTHING about this.

I just didn't like the song. The other song doesn't play in my country.

Edited by VGA

To be honest, I think making a movie about the events leading up to Doomguy's arrival on Phobos would probably have a better chance of both getting proper funding and for it to actually work well as a film. In reality the only real Doom is the one were you are rushing around blasting everything back to hell and no cinematic experience will top that.

I would like to see a movie about the marines inside the base when all hell broke loose. Getting killed one by one, getting separated, having to fight their zombified friends. We could take a look at how the simple marine with the semiauto rifle, the shotgunguy/sergeant, the Chaingun badass etc looked like *while they were alive*. And then we see how they died and we see them later in their zombified state!

But focus will be on the demon enemies, this wouldn't be a zombie movie or some Alien knockoff.

In the finale the last remaining marine reaches an important control room and decides not to emit a distress signal to Earth after all, to try to prevent the demonspawn from discovering Earth. He also sees a lone marine trapped outside the base because of the lockdown and unlocks a blast door for him as a small swarm of lost souls rush into the control room with a couple of Pain Elementals following them and spitting more lost souls.

He raises the BFG but it won't charge, he is out of cells! He whispers "It's all up to you now, buddy" as the lost souls dig into his flesh.

This movie would need money because it has big demons, not actors with makeup.

15 minutes ago, VGA said:

I would like to see a movie about the marines inside the base when all hell broke loose. Getting killed one by one, getting separated, having to fight their zombified friends. We could take a look at how the simple marine with the semiauto rifle, the shotgunguy/sergeant, the Chaingun badass etc looked like *while they were alive*. And then we see how they died and we see them later in their zombified state!

But focus will be on the demon enemies, this wouldn't be a zombie movie or some Alien knockoff.

In the finale the last remaining marine reaches an important control room and decides not to emit a distress signal to Earth after all, to try to prevent the demonspawn from discovering Earth. He also sees a lone marine trapped outside the base because of the lockdown and unlocks a blast door for him as a small swarm of lost souls rush into the control room with a couple of Pain Elementals following them and spitting more lost souls.

He raises the BFG but it won't charge, he is out of cells! He whispers "It's all up to you now, buddy" as the lost souls dig into his flesh.

This movie would need money because it has big demons, not actors with makeup.

This is actually pretty good. :o)

There is also the sub-plot of the first 7 maps in Doom 2. The demons holding the space ships hostage could work. Starts with an invasion, humans realizing they don't stand a chance and trying to run off to another planet or a starbase. Demons suddenly lock down all space controls and the army tries to regain control. Doomguy can be included or completely omit, His impact is minimal until he reaches the dead simple switch anyway, and a few marines can easily do that instead of him then get overwhelmed and killed. 

2 hours ago, scalliano said:

That's actually a great idea, but it wouldn't be RRTS obviously. Just a little nod to the Crash character in Quake 3. Make the female lead have the Crash nickname and be the equivalent of Reaper from the original film. We were supposed to think Reaper was the "Doomguy" of the movie but he doesn't have to be. That movie didn't even really stick to the lore anyway.

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

I've never seen so much brouhaha over a low-budget, sci-fi/action movie. 

It's Doom Ajora :(

I have a stronger bond with Doom than some of my distant relatives.

Man, social media has been tearing this movie apart. Makes me sad, but I'm still holding out that this movie will be good. I'll admit the subtitle and teaser could have been a lot better, but what's done is done. I'm waiting to see it before I give a verdict one way or another.

"We're not involved with the movie." ~Doom official twitter page

That's about all that needs to be said.

When I saw the trailer it didn't even register mentally as Doom...hell I forgot it even existed in like a day.  To me this...doesn't really exist.

54 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

We get it already.

Yeah I know. I tried to delete it after I posted it but I don't know how. I guess enough with laboring the point. My bad.