Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyVader1138

Knee-Deep, Shores, and Inferno as one campaign

One of the unique things about Doom is its separate episodes instead of being all one big campaign, unlike Doom II, Doom 3, or the 2016 game. I would, however, like to play the original episodes as one big campaign. Is there an easy way to do it?

Doom:One is probably your answer, but it will still split them into individual episodes. But all levels get played as one big level per-episode, and there's little additions here and there.

14 minutes ago, m8f said:

There is a GZDoom mod for this: Episodic-EX.

This is almost perfect! The only problem is how E1M1 ends. So now I need a WAD that slightly modifies the end of E1M1 similar to console Doom levels where it doesn't nearly kill me.

41 minutes ago, LadyVader1138 said:

This is almost perfect! The only problem is how E1M1 ends. So now I need a WAD that slightly modifies the end of E1M1 similar to console Doom levels where it doesn't nearly kill me.

...Er? Nearly kill you how? Most console versions end pretty identically to PC.

3 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

...Er? Nearly kill you how? Most console versions end pretty identically to PC.

guessing this is a typo and @LadyVader1138 is referring to the near-death experience of E1M8

Aw, I was too slow. But anyway, I put the doom 1 levels in doom 2 format and tidied things up so that you can play them continuously in any limit removing port: d1-for-d2.zip

- It requires doom.wad to run, for textures, which is why distributing this is fine legally (I think)

- e1m8 star opening thing works slightly differently

- No secret levels, no changing interpic, no text screens from doom1.

Nearly dying at the end of e1m8 shouldn't be a problem, just be careful in e2m1 and make use of the medikits.

2 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

E1M8 ends when you only have ~10% HP left, IIRC.

yeah but this is still a pretty scary margin for some players

7 minutes ago, kmxexii said:

guessing this is a typo and @LadyVader1138 is referring to the near-death experience of E1M8

It was very much a typo.

4 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

E1M8 ends when you only have ~10% HP left, IIRC.

Yeah, I SO want to encounter that starting swarm of Zombiemen with 11% HP or less.

11 minutes ago, LadyVader1138 said:

It was very much a typo.

Yeah, I SO want to encounter that starting swarm of Zombiemen with 11% HP or less.

I supposed you haven't tried that Episodic-EX mod yet, or you haven't knee-deeped yourself into the options menu. There is an option to tweak your HP.

5 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I supposed you haven't tried that Episodic-EX mod yet, or you haven't knee-deeped yourself into the options menu. There is an option to tweak your HP.

I didn't know that was an option. Thank you.