Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

11 hours ago, Empyre said:

The torches are bobbing.  How about a translucent non-solid 3D floor with that animated texture on it?  You could make the ceiling of the control sector waggle, and the non-solid 3D floor wouldn't make the torches bob.

nope they don't, as Aquila said i used fly mode to have better and larger view at the fog. I did pretty much what you said expcet the fog texture is static and just warped in animdefs for more smooth effect

39 minutes ago, Misty said:

I'm working on traditional looking map as part to heal my mapper's block and test some ideas for main project:

The first thing I noticed when I saw that picture was the really cool structure with dead bodies hanging from it, but the second thing I noticed is that the building looks lie a warehouse or factory.  The building is well-made, but it doesn't look hellish.  With a retexture, it could be a part of a good tech base map.

The building does not at all look bad, but it just doesn't look evil enough for Hell.

15 minutes ago, Empyre said:

The first thing I noticed when I saw that picture was the really cool structure with dead bodies hanging from it, but the second thing I noticed is that the building looks lie a warehouse or factory.  The building is well-made, but it doesn't look hellish.  With a retexture, it could be a part of a good tech base map.

The building does not at all look bad, but it just doesn't look evil enough for Hell.

It might be not evil enough, but it's okay. There are plenty of room for future improvements and adjustments. For my idea, player gets into building from back side and does stuff, gets out from main doors and exits map. 

AGtGiJDm.png2IVQBHGm.pngs6UiZrNm.png

I'd say it's almost finished. If anyone wants to help me test it they can send me a PM. :-)

Loving all the new screenshots being posted guys - great work! Also really enjoying how many people are using OTEX, I know I didn't make any of it, but seeing how invested in the pack I am it fills me with some sense of joy to see it's use beyond Eviternity. :D

7 hours ago, elend said:

Work on my second map continues and I finally got around to install portals, to have at least a little bit detail ontop of my "building". Thanks to Bridgeburner for endless encouragement and tips, as well as that one dude (Darkstar Archangel) on YouTube, who made the easiest to understand tutorial ever. Still have to think about a final endfight and minor detail in a cave area nearby but that should be it. Map will be released soon! About time.

13 minutes ago, Bauul said:

That looks really nice!  Getting Viggles vibes from the detailing and texture work.  

Personally I've been tinkering with some water shader effects for GZDoom.  Not quite right yet, but getting there.

Holy fuck how do you have time for this. Im mezmorized

About a days work:

sc1.PNG.52ea9952fda65921d19cb4e0b210b194.PNG

Also if you see those random linedefs that have lighting problems that in the editor say that they have the same brightness as the other normal linedefs. Does anyonw know how to fix that? Its getting really annoying.

6 hours ago, Rhebiz said:

About a days work:

sc1.PNG.52ea9952fda65921d19cb4e0b210b194.PNG

Also if you see those random linedefs that have lighting problems that in the editor say that they have the same brightness as the other normal linedefs. Does anyonw know how to fix that? Its getting really annoying.

If the linedefs are perfectly aligned to the compass points then it'll be down to Doom's fake contrast. Try moving one vertex by a single map unit to knock them off the exact angles.

So, back to mapping, and focusing on a heretic map. Just a couple of "highlights". First picture is  of the start of the map and an introduction to a new monster, it is from Realm667, and one of the weaker ones. The rest are other parts of the level, various stages of functioning or in the process of being reworked. Using a Heretic II texture pack as well.

Screenshot_Heretic_20190318_150214.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20190325_000717.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20190325_000729.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20190325_000804.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20190325_000902.png