Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chemo

DOOM Eternal will have an "in-depth look" at Bethesda's 2019 E3 Showcase

Looking forward to it!

6 minutes ago, chemo said:

Also, a bit off-topic but I'm surprised that Bethesda decided to have a press conference this year, especially after the backlash Fallout 76 received.

I wonder if they're doing it to save face: purposefully pushing Doom Eternal front and center as they are much more confident it'll have a good reaction?

I still dislike the Maurader, although I really want to like everything Doom related :-(

For me he looks more like a Heretic, Hexen, WoW or Diablo character. 

I can't wait for it. I hope they show more enemies this time, especially Chaingunner :)

In the pic, I noticed a guy looking at Cacodemon's holes :P

And speaking of that Caco, I just would like to point out the obvious: the look of the back of the classic Cacodemon in the promotional flyer doesn't match the look of the original sprite in that exact angle.

So that's either:

- The 3D model they used for the Cacodemon coin bank
- Or an entirely new recreation that was quickly made just for this occasion.

If you ask me, I don't believe we're going to see literal HD renditions of the classic demons in Eternal. That would be a whole new level of fanservice in the game that is highly unlikely to happen.

ffcaco.png

29 minutes ago, Zemini said:

What happened to the poor cacodemon ;-(

I have a few ideas but I'd rather not say.

4 hours ago, chemo said:

Article includes first look at the in-game model for the Marauder.

Is this a joke? I'm not seeing it anywhere in there.

7 minutes ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Is this a joke? I'm not seeing it anywhere in there.

To the right.

That caco not only has a gaping bootyhole but looks almost emaciated.. I don’t even want to know the poor things situation, it seems unspeakable :(

I’m really looking forward to seeing more of Doom Eternal!

6 hours ago, Randall said:

Hoping they tell us more about the "invasion" mechanic, I just didn't really get it the first time.

At a guess, they've cribbed it from the Soulsborne series.  You familiar with that system?  If not, and presuming that's what they have based it on, it'll work something like this:

1. There'll be an item or an object in your single-player game that when you activate, scans the net for other people playing their single-player games who are at roughly the same location you are
  2. If it finds one, you'll warp out of your game and appear in their game as a demon, with the objective of killing the other player
  3. (Potentially, unsure at this point, the demons will always appear in the other player's game, but they might be AI controlled if there are no other players about to take control of them, or the player is playing offline)
  4. If you kill the player in their game, you return to your game with a reward of some kind
  5. If the player kills you, you return to your world empty handed and they get to continue on

Personally, I'm really excited about this feature.  It's one of my favorite things about From Software's games and I'm excited to see it implemented in a game like Doom.

Yeah, come to think of it the Marauder might be hand-drawn, though it gives a different angle with the design at least.

Also, I doubt the Cacodemon shown here will be Eternal's final design, considering how they've already modified the 2016 model for the game and Bethesda has a history of using the classic Caco for these sort of promotional materials.

Even with these E3 news i still hope we get info before it, like maybe in that Google conference.

Something i hope ends up being "big" in the game is the enemy variety, considering "twice as many demons" probably refers to enemy types.

I liked most of the new abilities and monsters but not the lack of homing rockets, dual Mancubi fireballs at the same time and the lack of a hard, yet iconic enemy like the Archvile.

I can expect them to take something from a previous id game but still, whatever these new monsters will be, i hope they got a lot to offer in terms of gameplay and looks.

I won't mind the return of hitscan either since you're more powerfull in this iteration of Doom than in the classic Doom games, so i guess it makes it fair.

Edit: i also thought it would be cool to bring back something from the mobile RPG games or Resurrection of evil or something from those areas but that can be in some later expansions, so we get actual new stuff first.

About time we see more about Doom Eternal. We've gotten next to nothing since the reveal at last year's QuakeCon.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:02 PM, whatup876 said:

I won't mind the return of hitscan either since you're more powerfull in this iteration of Doom than in the classic Doom games, so i guess it makes it fair.

It's unlikely for them to add hitscanners, as they would have to rebalance everything. A hitscanner with the damage scaling of Nightmare would be absolute BS.

If there were hitscsnners (which I doubt) they would probably have bullets with tracers or even a laser point for a better player experience and opportunity to dodge.

Yes! Looking forward to it about more in-depth Doom eternal! :) I will be the first one to play it once it is out! :)