Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

E2 and E3 are good

E2M1 is good. E2M2 is good. E2M4... I don't like much but other people do, and I can see the appeal. E2M6 is memorable. E2M8 is iconic. E2M9 is also good, despite its detractors. E3M2 is good. E3M5 is good. E3M6 is good. E3M7 is very good. E3M8 is fine.

That about covers it.

E2M2 Has the WORST song in DooM. Outside of that, Episode 2 can be quite fun. Plus it introduces my favourite doom weapon:

P L A S M A R I F L E !

Episode 3 however is definitely my favourite episode. From the instant-action of Hell's Keep to the "mountainous" Mt. Erebus, from a literal copy and paste secret level to the Spider Mastermind, Episode 3 has a special place in my heart. <3

Mate.

Maaaaaate...

I'll reach for E1 or E4 over them any day of the week. Feels like Sandy is trying to make M&M Xeen style dungeon crawler maps at this point still, E2M8 is iconic though.

1 hour ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

E2M2 Has the WORST song in DooM.

No. You just don't like it.

I loved all Ultimate Doom, but e2m8 and e2m9 disappointed me. E1 is smoothest to play.

I honestly don't like E3 overall although I do like some maps, I'd certainly take E4 over it.

3 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

E2M6 is memorable.

I'm still mad at Sandy Petersen and that stupid crushing ceiling that killed me right after I got the last damn skull key!

It's funny because the Tom Hall levels were the best levels in Episode 2 & 3 (in fact IIRC the only big changes were texturing, monster placement, and the E1M4 Wolfenstein computer lab room) barring E2M3 which I always thought sucked. Despite making them before the engine was finished, or it's capabilities could be pushed.

Not saying Petersen is a bad designer, it's just that a lot of the levels could've been polished a bit more, E2M6, E3M5, and E3M6 are his masterpieces.

4 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

E2M2 Has the WORST song in DooM. 

I think that 'Demons from Adrian's Pen' is the 2nd best song in Doom 1, lol. But maybe it will fit better in Doom 2.

I like E1 simply because it's the only episode of Doom I been able to complete Nightmare mode on. 

E2M4... I don't like much

E2M2 Has the WORST song in DooM

WTF E2M4 AND E2M2 HAVE SOME OF THE BEST MOODY MIDIS AND ARE GREAT ATMOSPHERIC, TONE-SETTING MAPS ARRRRGGHGHDFgskgglsdbgsjkl

It's maps and MIDIs like these that made e2 feel SO much creepier than e1 back when I was a youngster!

Yeah all the episodes are good, but the first episode is the best.

e2m4 has the best atmospheric music, the best secrets, the best traps and the best enemy encounters. Absolute best

1 hour ago, geo said:

Yeah all the episodes are good, but the first episode is the best.

Yeah, i've played the first episode the most (it's shareware so who hasn't) so i tend to lean towards that episode more as well.

8 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Limbo is very good.

I hate, HATE, Limbo. The only map in Ultimate Doom that I would cut.

If the intermission music was something else, I might like E2M23's music, but after hearing it throughtout that map, I sometimes wonder if the game forgot to change the music at the start of the map.

I think I just annoyed a few DooM fans by hating on E2M2's theme XD.

Sorry but that song is just annoying to me. I'm just weird like that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Ichor said:

If the intermission music was something else, I might like E2M23's music, but after hearing it throughtout that map, I sometimes wonder if the game forgot to change the music at the start of the map.

You're thinking of E2M3, which as far as I'm concerned is probably the weakest map in E2. It's not even that bad, just very middle of the road.